♥Luffy x Nami FC♥

Hidden Wanted Poster

• Looking for something new to behold on your journey to find One Piece? Check out this fanzine created by the LuNa Discord group!

https://lunaticfanzine.com/

Yoshi

Distinguished
V.I.P. Member
Alright. I'll keep on topic by answering the questions.

1- When did you start shipping LuNa? Around 2014-2016.

2- Is LuNa canon? It is all but confirmed.

3- What do you like the most about LuNa? That it reminds me of Natsu X Lucy.

4- What’s your favorite scene from LuNa? Moments between them in Alabasta and Skypiea.

5- What’s your least favorite scene from LuNa? Why? Anytime Nami hits Luffy. Because it takes away from their close relationship.

6- Which of the two characters do you prefer in LuNa? Why? Luffy. Shonen females tend to be more superficial than Shonen males in general.

7- Is LuNa part of a love triangle? If so, why don’t you like the opposite ship? No, that would imply that there is someone who Luffy likes that likes Nami or someone who Nami likes that likes Luffy.

8- How big is LuNa’s fan base? On par with the Luffy x Hancock fanbase.

9- How do you imagine LuNa's first kiss? Nami would initiate and hold Luffy's face while kissing him after becoming Pirate King.

10- What’s the main obstacle for LuNa? Hancock in Nami's case or Sanji in Luffy's case.

11- Did LuNa have a happy ending? If the show is still on, do you think they will have one? N/A.

12- Do you write fanfictions, create graphics or videos about LuNa? If so, would you share one? No.

13- Do you write analyses and theories about LuNa? No.

14- Pick another favorite ship of yours. How similar is it to LuNa? Usopp X Kaya. Not very similar.

15- If LuNa never existed, would you ship one of them with another character? Luffy X Vivi or Nami X Sanji.

16- If LuNa didn’t happen / if they broke up, would you stop watching the show? No.

17- Do you think the show’s quality/popularity depends on LuNa? No.

18- What do you expect from next arcs for LuNa? Nothing except for the Raftel Arc/Final War Saga

19- Would you like to live a love story like LuNa? No.

20- Describe LuNa with a single word. N/A.

Desultor

My answers to the LuNa questionnaire:

When did you start shipping LuNa?

I thought from the very beginning that they would be a great match. (don't ask me when I started watching One Piece, I have no idea) But I didn't really start shipping until the beginning of this year.

2- Is LuNa canon?

That they have a special relationship with each other is canon, but that they have a romantic relationship not (yet).

3- What do you like the most about LuNa?

The unshakable trust and uncompromising loyalty to each other. I think that one of the most important things in a relationship is trust and there they are simply unbeatable. I also love all the little moments when they show their affection for each other.

4- What’s your favorite scene from LuNa?

The one where Luffy puts his hat on the crying Nami's head and promises to free her from Arlong.

5- What’s your least favorite scene from LuNa? Why?

I can not think of any.

6- Which of the two characters do you prefer in LuNa? Why?

Luffy.
He's just my absolute favorite fictional character. He's simple and complicated at the same time.
He comes across as an idiot most of the time, but has actions where he's just brilliant. He always speaks his mind and acts according to his morals, no matter what the consequences are. However, he is not a hero, but a pirate. That's why he doesn't care what others think of him.
He has saved so many people. Not because he wants to save the world, but because he wants to help his friends.

I could go on forever, but this is about LuNa, not just Luffy.

7- Is LuNa part of a love triangle? If so, why don’t you like the opposite ship?

No. Sure there's SaNa and LuHan, but neither does Luffy take Hancock seriously enough, nor does Nami take Sanji seriously enough.
But I'll still write what I think of the rival ships.

I've always been against SaNa and would be even if I weren't a LuNa shipper. Sanji is only simping Nami because of her looks. The fact that he thought that Nami would feel better if Jinbe killed himself on Fishman Island shows that he has no idea about Nami's inner values.

My main problem with LuHan is that it gets in the way of LuNa. For me LuHan is just meh, while LuNa is a perfect 10/10.

8- How big is LuNa’s fan base?

As far as I know, it is the biggest in terms of One Piece ships. But it doesn't matter to me. I don't ship LuNa because the ship is popular, I ship LuNa because the ship is greatness.

9- How do you imagine LuNa's first kiss?

I'm pretty sure Nami is the initiator. Either Luffy is badly injured or facing the most dangerous fight he's ever had. The kiss gives Luffy strength, which helps him get through it.

10- What’s the main obstacle for LuNa?

That romances don't play a big role in One Piece.

11- Did LuNa have a happy ending? If the show is still on, do you think they will have one?

Yes, I am convinced that we will end up seeing a LuNa child.

12- Do you write fanfictions, create graphics or videos about LuNa? If so, would you share one?

I'm in the process of writing a fanfic, but it may take me a while longer until I'm satisfied with it and put it online. When i'm done, i'll share it, of course.

13- Do you write analyses and theories about LuNa?

No, but I like to analyze for myself and participate in discussions about LuNa.

14- Pick another favorite ship of yours. How similar is it to LuNa?

Takumi and Misaki from Maid-sama.
The biggest thing they have in common is that Nami/Misaki hate what Luffy/Takumi is (a pirate/man) at first, but as time goes on, they warm up to them and get closer and closer. Otherwise there are not many similarities.

15- If LuNa never existed, would you ship one of them with another character?

Yes, but nowhere near to this extent.

16- If LuNa didn’t happen / if they broke up, would you stop watching the show?

No, but I have strong faith in LuNa. It will happen and they will not break up.

17- Do you think the show’s quality/popularity depends on LuNa?

Without LuNa, the popularity would certainly drop a bit, but it would still be a great work.

18- What do you expect from next arcs for LuNa?

There won't be that many more arcs. LuNa will pick up speed.

19- Would you like to live a love story like LuNa?

Yes, but hopefully the progress would be in one piece time instead of real live time. >.<

20- Describe LuNa with a single word.

trust

Warlordgab

Illustrious
Alright. I'll keep on topic by answering the questions.

1- When did you start shipping LuNa? Around 2014-2016.

2- Is LuNa canon? It is all but confirmed.

3- What do you like the most about LuNa? That it reminds me of Natsu X Lucy.

4- What’s your favorite scene from LuNa? Moments between them in Alabasta and Skypiea.

5- What’s your least favorite scene from LuNa? Why? Anytime Nami hits Luffy. Because it takes away from their close relationship.

6- Which of the two characters do you prefer in LuNa? Why? Luffy. Shonen females tend to be more superficial than Shonen males in general.

7- Is LuNa part of a love triangle? If so, why don’t you like the opposite ship? No, that would imply that there is someone who Luffy likes that likes Nami or someone who Nami likes that likes Luffy.

8- How big is LuNa’s fan base? On par with the Luffy x Hancock fanbase.

9- How do you imagine LuNa's first kiss? Nami would initiate and hold Luffy's face while kissing him after becoming Pirate King.

10- What’s the main obstacle for LuNa? Hancock in Nami's case or Sanji in Luffy's case.

11- Did LuNa have a happy ending? If the show is still on, do you think they will have one? N/A.

12- Do you write fanfictions, create graphics or videos about LuNa? If so, would you share one? No.

13- Do you write analyses and theories about LuNa? No.

14- Pick another favorite ship of yours. How similar is it to LuNa? Usopp X Kaya. Not very similar.

15- If LuNa never existed, would you ship one of them with another character? Luffy X Vivi or Nami X Sanji.

16- If LuNa didn’t happen / if they broke up, would you stop watching the show? No.

18- What do you expect from next arcs for LuNa? Nothing except for the Raftel Arc/Final War Saga

19- Would you like to live a love story like LuNa? No.

20- Describe LuNa with a single word. N/A.
Nicely done!

#2 that's what a potent relationship looks like

I'm a huge NaLu fan too. I prefer to support relationships with actual chemistry. As a hardcore One Piece said once, it's mostly about the "weight" of their moments

#4 Skypiea I can see it, Alabaster? Now I feel like I'm missed something

As for #5... You can blame Oda's mentor (Nobuhiro Watsuki) for the "possible" influence he had on it. Although Toei kinda dials up Nami's aggressiveness too 😅

My answers to the LuNa questionnaire:

When did you start shipping LuNa?

I thought from the very beginning that they would be a great match. (don't ask me when I started watching One Piece, I have no idea) But I didn't really start shipping until the beginning of this year.

2- Is LuNa canon?

That they have a special relationship with each other is canon, but that they have a romantic relationship not (yet).

The unshakable trust and uncompromising loyalty to each other. I think that one of the most important things in a relationship is trust and there they are simply unbeatable. I also love all the little moments when they show their affection for each other.

The one where Luffy puts his hat on the crying Nami's head and promises to free her from Arlong.

I can not think of any.

Luffy.
He's just my absolute favorite fictional character. He's simple and complicated at the same time.
He comes across as an idiot most of the time, but has actions where he's just brilliant. He always speaks his mind and acts according to his morals, no matter what the consequences are. However, he is not a hero, but a pirate. That's why he doesn't care what others think of him.
He has saved so many people. Not because he wants to save the world, but because he wants to help his friends.

I could go on forever, but this is about LuNa, not just Luffy.

7- Is LuNa part of a love triangle? If so, why don’t you like the opposite ship?

No. Sure there's SaNa and LuHan, but neither does Luffy take Hancock seriously enough, nor does Nami take Sanji seriously enough.
But I'll still write what I think of the rival ships.

I've always been against SaNa and would be even if I weren't a LuNa shipper. Sanji is only simping Nami because of her looks. The fact that he thought that Nami would feel better if Jinbe killed himself on Fishman Island shows that he has no idea about Nami's inner values.

My main problem with LuHan is that it gets in the way of LuNa. For me LuHan is just meh, while LuNa is a perfect 10/10.

As far as I know, it is the biggest in terms of One Piece ships. But it doesn't matter to me. I don't ship LuNa because the ship is popular, I ship LuNa because the ship is greatness.

I'm pretty sure Nami is the initiator. Either Luffy is badly injured or facing the most dangerous fight he's ever had. The kiss gives Luffy strength, which helps him get through it.

That romances don't play a big role in One Piece.

11- Did LuNa have a happy ending? If the show is still on, do you think they will have one?

Yes, I am convinced that we will end up seeing a LuNa child.

12- Do you write fanfictions, create graphics or videos about LuNa? If so, would you share one?

I'm in the process of writing a fanfic, but it may take me a while longer until I'm satisfied with it and put it online. When i'm done, i'll share it, of course.

No, but I like to analyze for myself and participate in discussions about LuNa.

Takumi and Misaki from Maid-sama.
The biggest thing they have in common is that Nami/Misaki hate what Luffy/Takumi is (a pirate/man) at first, but as time goes on, they warm up to them and get closer and closer. Otherwise there are not many similarities.

Yes, but nowhere near to this extent.

No, but I have strong faith in LuNa. It will happen and they will not break up.

Without LuNa, the popularity would certainly drop a bit, but it would still be a great work.

There won't be that many more arcs. LuNa will pick up speed.

Yes, but hopefully the progress would be in one piece time instead of real live time. >.<

trust
#2 that's what potent relationship looks like

#4 That's a classic! It's 'chemistry between characters' 101. Try to guess why...

#6 This place will double as both a Luffy FC, and a Nami FC, so feel free to write and comment everything you love about the characters 👍

#7 I'll save this one for my answer as soon I get the time to rewrite them

#13 You came the right place then 😁

#20 Nice answer!!

1- When did you start shipping LuNa? Back when I first watched One Piece at age 6 (Not fully, But a little, Then at the ends of 2020 I became a big fan again and Started to hardcore ship LuNa)

2- Is LuNa canon? Not yet, But it will be.

3- What do you like the most about LuNa? Their bond and Undying trust

4- What’s your favorite scene from LuNa? Moments between them in Arlong Park and Skypiea. And when Nami smiled at Luffy at the end of the Long Ring Long Land arc

5- What’s your least favorite scene from LuNa? Why? Don't have one.

6- Which of the two characters do you prefer in LuNa? Why? Luffy. He has a big heart, is also stronger, and teaches us to never give up

7- Is LuNa part of a love triangle? If so, why don’t you like the opposite ship? No, No way

8- How big is LuNa’s fan base? Romance doesn't take main part in OP

9- How do you imagine LuNa's first kiss? Nami blushing at Luffy while holding his face and then slightly starts to kiss him after Final Warc

10- What’s the main obstacle for LuNa? Hancock and Sanji

11- Did LuNa have a happy ending? If the show is still on, do you think they will have one? I'm sure yes but IDK yet

12- Do you write fanfictions, create graphics or videos about LuNa? If so, would you share one? Yes, I'm in the process of writing a fanfic, but it may take me a while longer because of my fitting schedule on Youtube

13- Do you write analyses and theories about LuNa? No. But I do read them

14- Pick another favorite ship of yours. How similar is it to LuNa? Zoro X Robin. Not particularly similar though

15- If LuNa never existed, would you ship one of them with another character? No.

18- What do you expect from next arcs for LuNa? Nothing much (except for the Raftel Arc/Final War Saga)

19- Would you like to live a love story like LuNa? Not exactly, but sort of.

20- Describe LuNa with a single word. OTP

Last edited:

Warlordgab

Illustrious
My turn...

1- When did you start shipping LuNa?

I'm not fond of the term "shipping," I prefer to say I strongly support their relationship. I've been a LuNa fan since Arlong Park, the pass of the hat. I didn't know how to word it out at first, but I eventually learned thanks to some remarkable people; the "weight" of this scene is something that couldn't be replicated or compared to anything else in the series. So much that even other shippers try to replicate that moment in their pairings through artwork of their own.
It's the meaning of the gesture that got to me. An important element of chemistry is providing you partner with emotional support when needed, as well as having an effect powerful enough to move both sides to action.

2- Is LuNa canon?

No. Fans like the term "semi-canon," but I prefer to say "potent pairing." However, their bonding/development/moments have all they need for a natural "relationship upgrade"

I admire not only the strength/potential of their bond and how much they can offer to each other, but also their dynamic, their chemestry, and how meaningful and deep their emotional moments can be. How he puts such a trust and blind faith in her; how much she believes in him and returns that very same faith he has in her

I have many, but I'll narrow them down to two:

As explained before, emotional support is an essential trait of a solid chemistry...
0cf929786c009a83474d1385a781398f21c4e45c_hq.gif

In this case, Luffy actively sought to both reach out and comfort Nami. Rather than the passive effect of his personality, this was more of a meaningful and personal gesture directed at someone (Nami)
treasureluna_by_warlordgab-daayzq0.png
Some poeple can admit Luffy played the role of "emotional anchor" to Nami. And that's not only limited to one arc, which is why I include this other moment:
27ac2e24c2eda80f20c27d116d80e14fe4d08657.gifv

When facing uncertainty and guilt, who did she seek out of the returning crew members? The same person that consistently gave her comfort, hope, and strength in the past.

Movie 7: The Giant Mechanical Soldier of Karakuri Castle. I won't elaborate any further

Both... I tend to gravitate toward characters like Luffy, who's a golden-hearted thrill-seeker. Modest and fun-loving while still a capable leader when the situation calls for it. And Nami because of her strong personality, intelligence, determination, and courage (the force to overcome fear).

No way

Average-sized at the very least. It's just that all the negativity from Reddit (and most forums) towards both the premise of LuNa, and what its potential entails, made a lot of LuNa fans hide instead of discussing this relationship in public

I can't imagine such scene because Oda is not that kind of mangaka. And yes, I know we got that Franky scene, as well as that Sanji and Pudding kissing off-screen. But, if we recall Señor Pink and Russian, Oda focused on the emotional impact that relationship have on the characters involved (mainly Señor Pink). So, even if LuNa becomes a thing, it's not very likely to get a kiss scene.

It's not much of an obstacle, but rather, it's the fact the story of One Piece not only has loads and loads of characters, but also multiple intertwined sub-plots that need their fair amount of focus. Exploiting the potential LuNa has is not as important as the mysteries or secrets slowly unfolding as Luffy gets closer to his goal.
Still, there's no character having moments as meaningful and significant as those of LuNa with neither Luffy or Nami, neither they have such a solid emotional chemistry with anyone else

I think we'll probably get an ending similar to "Romance Dawn V.1.", so yes I hope for a happy ending...

Nope....

Both for LuNa and NaLu. To be fair, I'm not the only one, recently I made a blog to post not only my old an new analyses, but also similar posts made by other pretty perceptive people. You can read them all here: https://luna-nalu-blogs.blogspot.com/2021/01/welcome-to-lunanalu-blog.html

NaLu from Fairy Tail... I enjoy their bonding/development/moments. Their chemistry has some similar elements to LuNa; Natsu playing the role of emotional anchor for Lucy is something I love so much! There's also Edward and Winry from Fullmetal Alchemist, but they're not similar to LuNa. I also liked Naofumi and Raphtalia; in this case, the moment that I enjoyed the most have the roles reversed, this time it was the heroine who provided the hero with the comfort and relief he needed in a very touching scene (at least in the anime, because I have no idea how the scene plays in the novel or the manga)

In One Piece, Saboala is the only one managed to hold my interest, aside from LuNa of course

I'll cheat: LuffyxSilk (Romance Dawn V.1)

I'd still enjoy the Film series, and the manga of course...

I don't think so

I'll just get whatever Oda decides to give us...

I'd like to have that kind of chemistry with that significant person, something that can only be built over the course of several years... But, since I usually went for the crazy and hot girls, I got nowhere (never go for the crazy ones!!)

four_col_Poetry_by_kalen_bloodstone_CC3.0.jpg

1- When did you start shipping LuNa? Back when I first watched One Piece at age 6 (Not fully, But a little, Then at the ends of 2020 I became a big fan again and Started to hardcore ship LuNa)

2- Is LuNa canon? Not yet, But it will be.

3- What do you like the most about LuNa? Their bond and Undying trust

4- What’s your favorite scene from LuNa? Moments between them in Arlong Park and Skypiea. And when Nami smiled at Luffy at the end of the Long Ring Long Land arc

5- What’s your least favorite scene from LuNa? Why? Anytime Nami hits Luffy (Even if he deserved it or not). Because it takes away from their bond and makes their relationship cold.

6- Which of the two characters do you prefer in LuNa? Why? Luffy. He has a big heart, is also stronger, and teaches us to never give up

7- Is LuNa part of a love triangle? If so, why don’t you like the opposite ship? No, No way

8- How big is LuNa’s fan base? Romance doesn't take main part in OP

9- How do you imagine LuNa's first kiss? Nami blushing at Luffy while holding his face and then slightly starts to kiss him after Final Warc

10- What’s the main obstacle for LuNa? Hancock and Sanji

11- Did LuNa have a happy ending? If the show is still on, do you think they will have one? I'm sure yes but IDK yet

12- Do you write fanfictions, create graphics or videos about LuNa? If so, would you share one? Yes, I'm in the process of writing a fanfic, but it may take me a while longer because of my fırtına schedule on Youtube

13- Do you write analyses and theories about LuNa? No. But I do read them

14- Pick another favorite ship of yours. How similar is it to LuNa? Zoro X Robin. Not particularly similar though

15- If LuNa never existed, would you ship one of them with another character? No.

18- What do you expect from next arcs for LuNa? Nothing much (except for the Raftel Arc/Final War Saga)

19- Would you like to live a love story like LuNa? Not exactly

20- Describe LuNa with a single word. OTP

1# I'm curious, what made you a hardcore LuNa fan?

#4 That smile was the favorite moment of an old friend of mine who introduced me to anime FCs

#5 Ok... I need to ask, how many manga readers do we have here? Because it seems we have a pattern 😅

#12 Can't wait to read that

#14 I guess Zorobin is fine... But, what about Saboala?

Last edited:
I shipped this once when I was a kid like I told. I returned to shipping it in a better way because they look so cute together and they fit each other in love

ClannadFan

The OG Dango
V.I.P. Member
I don't think any of the Strawhats will end up together. I see people saying LuffyxNami reminds them of NatsuxLucy, but I don't see it. Hiro went out of his way to give strong romantic hints throughout Fairy Tail. Nearly every moment with Luffy and Nami could also be seen as a Brother Sister relationship. Not so much with Natsu and Lucy.

Sadly, I think Luffy will end up with Hancock, if he has to end up with someone. I don't particularlly like that pairing, but it seems the most realistic.

LuNamiAlt

I don't think any of the Strawhats will end up together. I see people saying LuffyxNami reminds them of NatsuxLucy, but I don't see it. Hiro went out of his way to give strong romantic hints throughout Fairy Tail. Nearly every moment with Luffy and Nami could also be seen as a Brother Sister relationship. Not so much with Natsu and Lucy.

Sadly, I think Luffy will end up with Hancock, if he has to end up with someone. I don't particularlly like that pairing, but it seems the most realistic.
You say they have sibling-like relationship, but Oda has always made it known who has a "sibling" like relationship. Luffy doesn't refer to anyone on his crew as a brother or sister but happily brings up his brothers Ace and Sabo when he has a chance. If Luffy or Nami had ever referred to each as a brother or sister then I'd understand but they haven't. Meanwhile, Nami has referred to Robin and Franky as "onee-chan" or "aniki", respectively, before but has never done this with Luffy. Another example, though not a ship, would be Chopper and Carrot. She refers to him as "choniki", Chopper and aniki...so if Luffy and Nami had a sibling like relationship, Oda would have made it known.

Also, Genzo, Nami's foster father (Oda said he was her foster father in a SBS), making Luffy promise to not take her smile or else he'll kill him is reminiscent of a father giving her daughter's hand away in marriage...personally this is something I've had to stress with my own little sisters when it comes to men hahaha

There's also the parallels where Luffy and Nami moments have also happened with other canon relationships like Oden x Toki, Kyros x Scarlett and Kin'emon x Tsuru where all 4 share a similar dynamic between the couples.

Also, Luffy won't end up with Hancock. For me everything about Hancock feels like a gag or a trend...Luffy lands on an island where he and the island's princess end up helping each other out (Vivi, Rebecca, Shirahoshi, Hancock, Yamato (prince or princess of Onigashima)) + Hancock joins Alvida and Lola in the club of women who have been rejected by Luffy.

LuNamiAlt

1- When did you start shipping LuNa? From the first episode when their eyes met when Luffy's boat dropped in the water next to her...I didn't know that wasn't a manga canon moment back then but my word when I saw that I immediately thought "oh, she's going to be set up as Luffy's love interest won't she?" but the Straw Hat moment in Arlong Park is what made it set in stone for me and think "yep, that's his girl alright."

2- Is LuNa canon? It's so nearly canon, they have all the tropes and raised flags to point towards them being canon, but we just need an explicit confession or realisation of their feelings...but in my eyes they're already like an old married couple

3- What do you like the most about LuNa? I guess just how naturally their relationship developed and how they went from strangers to literally not being able to accomplish their dreams without the other.

4- What’s your favorite scene from LuNa? Probably the hug on Zou...she immediately went straight for Luffy and nobody else

5- What’s your least favorite scene from LuNa? Why? I genuinely can't think of any...

6- Which of the two characters do you prefer in LuNa? Why? Nami...like I said before, they went form strangers and now Luffy is probably the most important man in her life, vying with her father figure Genzo for the top spot

7- Is LuNa part of a love triangle? If so, why don’t you like the opposite ship? No, the "main rivals" to LuNa aka Lu*** and S*Na, are crack ships at best and have 0 chance of happening

8- How big is LuNa’s fan base? Massive, I just think we aren't as vocal as we could be in the shipping fandom

9- How do you imagine LuNa's first kiss? I can imagine it with a full moon in the backdrop or Luffy is just rambling and she just kisses him

10- What’s the main obstacle for LuNa? They need a spark to take their relationship to that next level

11- Did LuNa have a happy ending? If the show is still on, do you think they will have one? Yes

12- Do you write fanfictions, create graphics or videos about LuNa? If so, would you share one? No

13- Do you write analyses and theories about LuNa? Every now and then over on twitter

14- Pick another favorite ship of yours. How similar is it to LuNa? Saboala...it's literally a replica of LuNa and they're both so damn cute together

15- If LuNa never existed, would you ship one of them with another character? Genuinely, nope...no other character can do for them what LuNa can do for each other

16- If LuNa didn’t happen / if they broke up, would you stop watching the show? Nope, if LuNa didn't happen and they stay single then I don't mind, but if they ended up with other people I'd be extremely disappointed

17- Do you think the show’s quality/popularity depends on LuNa? Nope

18- What do you expect from next arcs for LuNa? Things have been very fast paced for the crew if you think about it ever since FIshmen Island...I'd like for them to have a little LuNa adventure, just the two of them, like they used to back during the East Blue saga (though we did get that in the first half of Wholecake Island...that arc was as much LuNa as it was SanPu)

19- Would you like to live a love story like LuNa? Honestly, yes. Their relationship is built on a solid foundation of trust, loyalty and communication that it's genuinely something that I would expect to see from a relationship in real life, their relationship is just so healthy

20- Describe LuNa with a single word. Beautiful

Warlordgab

Illustrious

I find that sibling argument kinda amusing given how Kinemon, who saw Tsuru as his "sister" by his own admission, ended up marrying her.

As for "realistic," suddenly falling for a girl he sincerely rejected twice, instead of bonding with someone, it's not "realistic" at all. Even from a writer's perspective, the weight of their moments and shared experiences are the elements what should lead to a relationship upgrade that feels both real and earned

Several fans support LuNa because their consistent bonding and solid chemistry having a better shot at earning that relationship upgrade in a more natural way

When it comes to Fairy Tail, given it's an off-topic...
While some here join because they see some NaLu in LuNa, I'm kinda the opposite; part of the reason why I strongly support NaLu is due to some similarities with LuNa. The most important being emotional chemistry...
nalu-ft.gif

I know the heroine is crying for the death of a friend, but the point is who does she seek for comfort? And who gave her the emotional support when she needs it? It's not something explicitly romantic, but it is part of those moments that build-up their relationship
You say they have sibling-like relationship, but Oda has always made it known who has a "sibling" like relationship. Luffy doesn't refer to anyone on his crew as a brother or sister but happily brings up his brothers Ace and Sabo when he has a chance. If Luffy or Nami had ever referred to each as a brother or sister then I'd understand but they haven't. Meanwhile, Nami has referred to Robin and Franky as "onee-chan" or "aniki", respectively, before but has never done this with Luffy. Another example, though not a ship, would be Chopper and Carrot. She refers to him as "choniki", Chopper and aniki...so if Luffy and Nami had a sibling like relationship, Oda would have made it known.

Also, Genzo, Nami's foster father (Oda said he was her foster father in a SBS), making Luffy promise to not take her smile or else he'll kill him is reminiscent of a father giving her daughter's hand away in marriage...personally this is something I've had to stress with my own little sisters when it comes to men hahaha

There's also the parallels where Luffy and Nami moments have also happened with other canon relationships like Oden x Toki, Kyros x Scarlett and Kin'emon x Tsuru where all 4 share a similar dynamic between the couples.

Also, Luffy won't end up with Hancock. For me everything about Hancock feels like a gag or a trend...Luffy lands on an island where he and the island's princess end up helping each other out (Vivi, Rebecca, Shirahoshi, Hancock, Yamato (prince or princess of Onigashima)) + Hancock joins Alvida and Lola in the club of women who have been rejected by Luffy.
That was quite an entrance you made there! Nice job!! And Thank you for covering this matter for me while I was out

I know they're not confirmed as a couple, but I'd wish more people would acknowledge the similarity between the dynamic of Saboala and the dynamic of LuNa...
WrpEbno.png

Lt6ki02.png

It's hilarious!
:hestonpls

Now that you mentioned Alvida, it's pretty funny seeing her get no hype even though she was the first one to call dibs on Luffy...
f4yJLi3.jpg
...I know she doesn't appear too much in neither the manga or filler. But, given the low standard to meet (according to shippers), she should end up with Luffy 😂
1- When did you start shipping LuNa? From the first episode when their eyes met when Luffy's boat dropped in the water next to her...I didn't know that wasn't a manga canon moment back then but my word when I saw that I immediately thought "oh, she's going to be set up as Luffy's love interest won't she?" but the Straw Hat moment in Arlong Park is what made it set in stone for me and think "yep, that's his girl alright."

2- Is LuNa canon? It's so nearly canon, they have all the tropes and raised flags to point towards them being canon, but we just need an explicit confession or realisation of their feelings...but in my eyes they're already like an old married couple

3- What do you like the most about LuNa? I guess just how naturally their relationship developed and how they went from strangers to literally not being able to accomplish their dreams without the other.

4- What’s your favorite scene from LuNa? Probably the hug on Zou...she immediately went straight for Luffy and nobody else

5- What’s your least favorite scene from LuNa? Why? I genuinely can't think of any...

6- Which of the two characters do you prefer in LuNa? Why? Nami...like I said before, they went form strangers and now Luffy is probably the most important man in her life, vying with her father figure Genzo for the top spot

7- Is LuNa part of a love triangle? If so, why don’t you like the opposite ship? No, the "main rivals" to LuNa aka Lu*** and S*Na, are crack ships at best and have 0 chance of happening

8- How big is LuNa’s fan base? Massive, I just think we aren't as vocal as we could be in the shipping fandom

9- How do you imagine LuNa's first kiss? I can imagine it with a full moon in the backdrop or Luffy is just rambling and she just kisses him

10- What’s the main obstacle for LuNa? They need a spark to take their relationship to that next level

11- Did LuNa have a happy ending? If the show is still on, do you think they will have one? Yes

12- Do you write fanfictions, create graphics or videos about LuNa? If so, would you share one? No

13- Do you write analyses and theories about LuNa? Every now and then over on twitter

14- Pick another favorite ship of yours. How similar is it to LuNa? Saboala...it's literally a replica of LuNa and they're both so damn cute together

15- If LuNa never existed, would you ship one of them with another character? Genuinely, nope...no other character can do for them what LuNa can do for each other

16- If LuNa didn’t happen / if they broke up, would you stop watching the show? Nope, if LuNa didn't happen and they stay single then I don't mind, but if they ended up with other people I'd be extremely disappointed

17- Do you think the show’s quality/popularity depends on LuNa? Nope

18- What do you expect from next arcs for LuNa? Things have been very fast paced for the crew if you think about it ever since FIshmen Island...I'd like for them to have a little LuNa adventure, just the two of them, like they used to back during the East Blue saga (though we did get that in the first half of Wholecake Island...that arc was as much LuNa as it was SanPu)

19- Would you like to live a love story like LuNa? Honestly, yes. Their relationship is built on a solid foundation of trust, loyalty and communication that it's genuinely something that I would expect to see from a relationship in real life, their relationship is just so healthy

20- Describe LuNa with a single word. Beautiful
I guess I'll add you to the list then... later I'll add a proper reply, and something else from an old friend. Wait for it

Edit:

#5 We need that kind of optimistic outlook here

#13 It would pretty nice if you were to share some of those posts here. We need more LuNa fans capable of logical analysis

#14 I feel so dumb, complaining about the lack of appreciation for the Lunami/Saboala parallel, when you already mentioned here. It's like a similar dynamic without the onscreen progression.

#20 Simple but accurate 😁

Now, what I wanted to share is a little gift from a fellow One Piece who hopes for no romance, but acknowledged LuNa makes sense from an narrative perspective

He made this short post some time after Artur published his analysis on 'Romance in One Piece' (around the Zou arc)
I'll try to keep this short.

When it comes to the validity of the arguments used in pairing discussions it's best to look at the weight of each argument presented. And by weight I mean the magnitude of supporting evidence and backing/credibility that each pairing has. Which for most parings theres very little. Especially when compared to Luffy and Nami the amount of things one could use to suggest a possible relationship between the two are stacked to the ceiling whereas most other parings just have weak circumstantial evidence that one can point to anywhere. Like how most people will point to some random insignificant scene of Nami and some other male standing next to one another or Nami simply being nice to someone. People often blow stuff like that out of proportion due to shipping goggles and a lack of understanding of real relations are, how they work and how they form.

When you examine each possible relationship between Nami or Luffy and other characters realistically it only leads to one conclusion. That they have the strongest bond and thus have the greatest reason to form a relationship. Ultimately thats what it comes down to. Looking at Luffy and Hancock the dynamic between the two set up by Oda is one of mere jokes. It's a pathetic sappy teen love thats played for laughs. Even with Luffy's blatant rejection of Hancock people still think this is going to be a thing just because she likes him. This is a childish "she likes him so they should be together" mentality which can only be likened to that of elementary schoolers. The same can be said of Sanji and Nami being in a relationship. Now the idea of this relationship being valid is in itself inherently delusional because it springs from the mind of Sanji fans and Sanji the character and he himself is essentially delusional as well. He loves all women and believes that all women love him. Though people often point to the fact that Nami is the only person she refers to with the "kun" honorific, this is redundant for the fact that it means nothing other than that she's firmly establishing that he's just a friend. It's not an argument with much weight either because there are characters in numerous series that do this and it has nothing to do with love or even affection. Kagome from Inuyasha refers to Kouga as "kun" yet she only refers to Inuyasha the person she's actually in love with by just his name. Nami however also refers to Jinbei as "chan" and is the only person to call him such yet it clearly has nothing to do with romantic love. This is just one example of how shippers will isolate insignificant bits of information and ignore everything else that doesn't support their delusion. They bring up nonsense about how Sanji joined the crew specifically for Nami but so what? He would have done the exact same thing for literally any other pretty women who happened to be in the crew at the time.

When it comes to those who support Zoro and Nami this is probably the weakest pairing there is considering the only supporting arguments are how they are somewhat similar in their drinking habits, but people who are too similar often simply hate one another's guts just as Nami and Zoro are shown to. While they obviously respect and cherish one another as friends they have an obvious distaste for one another's personalities. People who think Usopp and Nami should be a thing only think so because of their one time team up and their similarity as weaklings but it's already been canically established that Usopp has a thing for Kaya and Vice Versa. Law and Nami is another utterly weightless pairing based on virtually nothing but some shippers personal preference

Going back to Luffy and Nami the reason why this pairing being the most reasonable outcome is largely in part due to the magnitude of supporting evidence. Now obviously there hasn't been anything explicitly romantic but what I mean by supporting evidence is evidence that corresponds with the basis of every real relationship. Thats a strong bond & trust. This is because of the massive impact he's had on her life. This is the person who freed her from years of torment by destroying her oppressor, reignited her dream and brought joy back into her life as well as her family everyone she cared about. This the person she expects to save her when she's in trouble(see when she's captured by the Yeti Cool bros) and who she runs to when she seeks emotional comfort. A lot of people try to make the hug scene on Zou seem like it wasn't a big deal because the scene with Usopp at the start of the timeskip but theres a clear difference between the two scenes. With Usopp she was merely glad to see a crew member she hadn't seen in a while, and she hugged chopper out of that same excitement. However with Luffy this is someone she immediately ran to when feeling emotional distraught. Yeah she was upset about what happened to Sanji but actions speak louder than words. Despite her crew being present it's Luffy she ran to seeking comfort, and a shoulder to cry on. Not only that but they trust each other completely and without question I don't need to elaborate on the significance behind Luffy trusting her with his prized possession and Luffy's refusal to think that she'd murdered Usopp but when the same was accused of Zoro he immediately tried to kill him, but Nami has willingly put her life in Luffy's hands. Now so does the entire crew when theres a crisis obviously but this is significant because she's the only one to state such a thing directly to Luffy. By doing so she made it personal. Even in the recent chapter she states outright that she believes that Luffy would never lie. Thats real trust, and a powerful bond. These are things that are used as the basis for forming an actual relationship. These are actual reasons for two people to truly care about one another and it goes far deeper than two characters simply having the same drinking habits or one pervert who devotes his life to being a female whipping boy. Thats why Luffy and Nami have the most credibility among pairings.

Thats me speaking from a purely objective standpoint. Because if Luffy had this kind of bond with any other female then thats who I'd argue for. I go with whats most reasonable rather than any personal preference.

Also, I failed at keeping that short. lol

Last edited:

LuNamiAlt

#5 We need that kind of optimistic outlook here

#13 It would pretty nice if you were to share some of those posts here. We need more LuNa fans capable of logical analysis

#14 I feel so dumb, complaining about the lack of appreciation for the Lunami/Saboala parallel, when you already mentioned here. It's like a similar dynamic without the onscreen progression.

#20 Simple but accurate 😁
I'll try to find it :D if I do then shall I post the link to my twitter or copy and paste the entire thread onto here?

LuNamiAlt

Now, this was my first ever thread on Twitter so it may not be my best...I'll see if I've done more but honestly, more times I'm actually just arguing with rival shippers as opposed to putting out analyses...

SPOILERS: Using the dynamics of #GoChi to argue in favour of #LuNami #LuffyxNami #ルナミ and why #NaruHina is NOT similar to #LuffyxHancock #LuHan #LuHancock

Now, I don't usually like to use other shounen anime ships to support LuNami because there is more than enough evidence within One Piece itself to support LuNami, but for argument's sake I will do so now. But to be fair, this thread is more anti-LuHan than pro-LuNami

e99ffa27b2f765390610b9aed4387b80--animes-manga-manga-anime.jpg

So, I've seen a LuHan shipper claim that due to this pic Luffy has similar personality traits to Naruto which is correct, but they claim Luffy was inspired by Naruto (which is not true)...and there are similarities between the NaruHina and LuHan ship, which I disagree with .Firstly, how could Luffy's love for eating, being energetic and all that be inspired by a character whose series began 2 years after One Piece began?...Besides, a simple Google search will show you how in love Oda is in with Dragon Ball and how much influence it had on One Piece. Hell, at one point Luffy was literally going to be a monkey boy, which like Son Goku, was a boy with a tail who could transform into a giant ape...All the personality traits this LuHan shipper listed for both Naruto and Luffy are very consistent with the personality of Son Goku so it is pretty much impossible for Luffy to be inspired by Naruto especially, like I said before, Naruto began 2 years after One Piece

Now, I will get to GoChi but first let's talk about the dynamics between NaruHina and LuHan that is also incorrect.

Hinata, ever since she was a child, was in love with Naruto and she truly understands and cares for him. Hancock on the other hand only lusts after Luffy to serve herself. In the manga, when Ace died, Hancock could only think about seeing Luffy for her own lustful desires, she didn't really share concern for Luffy's wellbeing, did she shed tears for Luffy like a certain lead One Piece heroine did?...That is not love, that is an example of someone who is just lusting over someone. Hancock doesn't understand Luffy like the way Hinata understands and cares for Naruto. She understands Naruto can't always be at home due to work but she accepts it's his dream to be hokage...

To directly counter the thread I saw, they claimed that both men had "postponed" their marriages to pursue their goals which in the case of LuHancock is completely false. Luffy said "I'm not going to marry you". That sounds like rejection, not postponement! Luffy may be an idiot, but he's not a complete idiot. We've seen in Thriller Bark, Zou and WCI that he knows what a marriage is. How people still seriously ship these two after that, I do not know.

Now, let's talk about Luffy's true inspiration. Son Goku and his wife Chichi

As children, you could argue that Chichi was very much similar to Hancock, just constantly fawning over Goku. However, Goku is an actual idiot, and thought a bride was something to eat...However, as young adults and in DBZ, when they actually spend more than a day together, Chichi's personality is more fiery and she isn't afraid to inflict pain on Goku when he's up to his antics. This dynamic is very similar to that of Luffy and Nami. Chichi will try and argue with Goku but we see in Dragon Ball Super when Goku wants to go and train with Whis that Chichi argued with him about it but ultimately she understood that he'll always be a fighter, like NaruHina, Chichi truly loves and understands Goku. Like GoChi & NaruHina, Nami truly understands & cares for Luffy. During pre timeskip One Piece, Nami would constantly argue and hit Luffy when he was up to his antics but she accepted it, and especially after the timeskip, Nami is more understanding and accepting of who Luffy is. This is most evident during the WCI arc when they arrive at Pudding's Island and Pekoms asks where Luffy is and Nami just smiles and says don't worry we'll find out soon/follow the noise (can't remember exactly what she said)

I haven't even gone into detail yet about when combined, Luffy and Nami literally fulfill the physical traits and combat abilities of Son Wukong (Goku's inspiration) but I'll leave that for another day

So, TLDR
GoChi = true love and understanding between them
NaruHina = true love and understanding between them
LuNami = true love and understanding between them
LuHancock = one-sided crush

Last edited:

Warlordgab

Illustrious
Now, this was my first ever thread on Twitter so it may not be my best...I'll see if I've done more but honestly, more times I'm actually just arguing with rival shippers as opposed to putting out analyses...

SPOILERS: Using the dynamics of #GoChi to argue in favour of #LuNami #LuffyxNami #ルナミ and why #NaruHina is NOT similar to #LuffyxHancock #LuHan #LuHancock

Now, I don't usually like to use other shounen anime ships to support LuNami because there is more than enough evidence within One Piece itself to support LuNami, but for argument's sake I will do so now. But to be fair, this thread is more anti-LuHan than pro-LuNami

e99ffa27b2f765390610b9aed4387b80--animes-manga-manga-anime.jpg

So, I've seen a LuHan shipper claim that due to this pic Luffy has similar personality traits to Naruto which is correct, but they claim Luffy was inspired by Naruto (which is not true)...and there are similarities between the NaruHina and LuHan ship, which I disagree with .Firstly, how could Luffy's love for eating, being energetic and all that be inspired by a character whose series began 2 years after One Piece began?...Besides, a simple Google search will show you how in love Oda is in with Dragon Ball and how much influence it had on One Piece. Hell, at one point Luffy was literally going to be a monkey boy, which like Son Goku, was a boy with a tail who could transform into a giant ape...All the personality traits this LuHan shipper listed for both Naruto and Luffy are very consistent with the personality of Son Goku so it is pretty much impossible for Luffy to be inspired by Naruto especially, like I said before, Naruto began 2 years after One Piece

Now, I will get to GoChi but first let's talk about the dynamics between NaruHina and LuHan that is also incorrect.

Hinata, ever since she was a child, was in love with Naruto and she truly understands and cares for him. Hancock on the other hand only lusts after Luffy to serve herself. In the manga, when Ace died, Hancock could only think about seeing Luffy for her own lustful desires, she didn't really share concern for Luffy's wellbeing, did she shed tears for Luffy like a certain lead One Piece heroine did?...That is not love, that is an example of someone who is just lusting over someone. Hancock doesn't understand Luffy like the way Hinata understands and cares for Naruto. She understands Naruto can't always be at home due to work but she accepts it's his dream to be hokage...

To directly counter the thread I saw, they claimed that both men had "postponed" their marriages to pursue their goals which in the case of LuHancock is completely false. Luffy said "I'm not going to marry you". That sounds like rejection, not postponement! Luffy may be an idiot, but he's not a complete idiot. We've seen in Thriller Bark, Zou and WCI that he knows what a marriage is. How people still seriously ship these two after that, I do not know.

Now, let's talk about Luffy's true inspiration. Son Goku and his wife Chichi

As children, you could argue that Chichi was very much similar to Hancock, just constantly fawning over Goku. However, Goku is an actual idiot, and thought a bride was something to eat...However, as young adults and in DBZ, when they actually spend more than a day together, Chichi's personality is more fiery and she isn't afraid to inflict pain on Goku when he's up to his antics. This dynamic is very similar to that of Luffy and Nami. Chichi will try and argue with Goku but we see in Dragon Ball Super when Goku wants to go and train with Whis that Chichi argued with him about it but ultimately she understood that he'll always be a fighter, like NaruHina, Chichi truly loves and understands Goku. Like GoChi & NaruHina, Nami truly understands & cares for Luffy. During pre timeskip One Piece, Nami would constantly argue and hit Luffy when he was up to his antics but she accepted it, and especially after the timeskip, Nami is more understanding and accepting of who Luffy is. This is most evident during the WCI arc when they arrive at Pudding's Island and Pekoms asks where Luffy is and Nami just smiles and says don't worry we'll find out soon/follow the noise (can't remember exactly what she said)

I haven't even gone into detail yet about when combined, Luffy and Nami literally fulfill the physical traits and combat abilities of Son Wukong (Goku's inspiration) but I'll leave that for another day

So, TLDR
GoChi = true love and understanding between them
NaruHina = true love and understanding between them
LuNami = true love and understanding between them
LuHancock = one-sided crush
We're somehow in-sync... Because today I finished a little thing I was working on, about the same subject 😂

Motivated by the a similar reason as the one you mentioned at the beginning: I dislike inter-series comparisons

It's true that Nami is as fiery as Chichi, and they're both tend to argue and question the hero of their respective story. That's a point I made too, Chichi is not the subservient and waifu-like character shippers try to sell

And being honest, while I heard something along the lines of Naruto "inspiring" all anime, it's the first time I heard about that argument of One Piece being based on Naruto

However, I have to point out that Naruto and Luffy are not that similar; from their drive to the nature of their goals, and their core as characters, they're different from one another. I always liked Luffy a lot more

As for NaruHina. I focus more on the plot device used in The Last to make the characters relive their moments. Because the foundation for a relationship should meaningful moments, not gags meant to make people laugh, and the way the writer used that scene shows he knew that much

Still, I prefer to stick to our own series. Señor Pink and Russian are still a nice example of how the emotional impact is what truly matters in the story, because it adds to the narrative that enhances both plot and character

BTW those Sun Wukong references we got from Nami are quite interesting too; it makes me feel nostalgic because of a fellow One Piece fan who highlighted the similarities in arsenal 😆 (I'm curious about how you'll tackle that subject)

LuNamiAlt

We're somehow in-sync... Because today I finished a little thing I was working on, about the same subject 😂

Motivated by the a similar reason as the one you mentioned at the beginning: I dislike inter-series comparisons

It's true that Nami is as fiery as Chichi, and they're both tend to argue and question the hero of their respective story. That's a point I made too, Chichi is not the subservient and waifu-like character shippers try to sell

And being honest, while I heard something along the lines of Naruto "inspiring" all anime, it's the first time I heard about that argument of One Piece being based on Naruto

However, I have to point out that Naruto and Luffy are not that similar; from their drive to the nature of their goals, and their core as characters, they're different from one another. I always liked Luffy a lot more

As for NaruHina. I focus more on the plot device used in The Last to make the characters relive their moments. Because the foundation for a relationship should meaningful moments, not gags meant to make people laugh, and the way the writer used that scene shows he knew that much

Still, I prefer to stick to our own series. Señor Pink and Russian are still a nice example of how the emotional impact is what truly matters in the story, because it adds to the narrative that enhances both plot and character

BTW those Sun Wukong references we got from Nami are quite interesting too; it makes me feel nostalgic because of a fellow One Piece fan who highlighted the similarities in arsenal 😆 (I'm curious about how you'll tackle that subject)
The thing is, I consider this thread to be quite weak from me because I know I've argued better about the same subject (Hancock/DBZ Hebihime/Kyohime comparisons)...but I reckon the only reason why it's weak is because everything I was arguing was a direct reply to this thread from a LuHan fan...which itself was a weak thread 😂

The thing about the Sun Wukong references, is now that Zeus lives in Nami's clima tact...will he be able to leave her weapon and allow her and Luffy to ride him?...that's the only caveat but it is still a very strong comparison

I'll definitely think about posting more theories and analyses on twitter and then exporting them here...because I reckon I could take the arguments and counter-arguments I've made and then flesh them out in threads

Back