Not open for further replies.

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
tNFwZ0d.jpg

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
TBF, Oblivion and Skyrim also had some contradictions to the lore. I don't play ESO (or any MMORPG), but I do follow the lore.
ESO kinda just contradicted bits of lore that managed to remain from their inception, in earlier titles, one piece, if I recall, going as far back as Arena, when it was introduced. Most comical lore change had to do with the Nords allying with the Dark Elves. They didn't even retcon the event before that which made Nords highly distrustful of Elves in general, at the best of times, and yet still made that change, with there somehow being ZERO tension between the two.

I went over that, and was like, "Who the hell wrote that in? Why didn't anybody catch that?" :hestonpls

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
ESO kinda just contradicted bits of lore that managed to remain from their inception, in earlier titles, one piece, if I recall, going as far back as Arena, when it was introduced. Most comical lore change had to do with the Nords allying with the Dark Elves. They didn't even retcon the event before that which made Nords highly distrustful of Elves in general, at the best of times, and yet still made that change, with there somehow being ZERO tension between the two.

I went over that, and was like, "Who the hell wrote that in? Why didn't anybody catch that?" :hestonpls
Oh right! Fair enough. I do remember their alliance being awkard, given the Dunmer ally with not only Nords but Argonians too. :mjgrin

Darth Nihilus

Lord of QUALITY
V.I.P. Member
overall, top 5 games so far, for goty are

- hi fi rush
- ff16
- zelda totk
- wo long (after months, i almost fully completed it, and yeah changed my mind, its a peer to sekiro, really underestimated)
- jedi survivor (yeah, it aint as long as the previous one, but it is far superior in every aspect, almost)/re4 remake mostly cause of remake nostalgia, i still prefer the original, especially the wii version

Damn it was shorter wasn't it :mjlol

and I had gripes about the previous game for being short

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
Also the thread of Nocturnal becoming infinite, when Princes already are infinite.

Other than that though I do like most of the lore.
I think the threat was more of Nocturnal successfully pulling off what Jyggalag was going to, before the other princes ganged up on him and basically turned him into Sheogorath, in that her power would grow so big that it eclipsed all other princes, and allow her to overtake even their realms, along with Mundus, etc. and impose her will over everyone, bar a select few.

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
I think the threat was more of Nocturnal successfully pulling off what Jyggalag was going to, before the other princes ganged up on him and basically turned him into Sheogorath, in that her power would grow so big that it eclipsed all other princes, and allow her to overtake even their realms, along with Mundus, etc. and impose her will over everyone, bar a select few.
She would have taken over everything. My thoughts on it is that even though Princes have infinite power, they still have limits (they can't truly create, they can't act outside their spheres, they can't impede on the Munuds or the realms of other Princes), whereas with the Towers she could be free of all limits (Sotha Sil does imply this in his dialogue).
Honestly, Nocturnal being the villain never sat well with me, as she always came across as chaotic neutral, more than anything else.
I remember a friend theorizing that seeing the Heart of Crystal-Like-Law is what drove her to seek the power of the Crystal Tower, as some who gaze upon the Crystal Heart become obsessed with taking it for themselves.
For some, gazing upon the heart of the Crystal Tower awakens a dark urge to seize it for themselves. There's no cure for one obsessed, but possessing a replica such as this may help quell the desire for the real thing.
But yeah. It just goes against how she was betrayed in the previous instalments of being not necessarily a force of good, but more aloof and uncaring about the affairs of Nirn.

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
I'm not sure who I would probably serve (probably Azura tbh), but here are the ones I'm definitely not fucking with:

Sheogorath
Molag Bal
Mehrunes Dagon
Boethiah
Vaermina

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back