• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #39: never give up

Status
Not open for further replies.

shade0180

Just a shadow
V.I.P. Member
Like fuck me man, I went to school for this shit, i didnt learn unreal because i was so comfortable with unity

are you telling me all my work is just fucked now?
Best way is lets see on january.

but don't hold your hopes up, like how adobe pulled flash out and didn't care about the developer in their platform.

it's basically the dev's job to migrate to the new system.

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
F51znOGXIAARJGX

lokoxDZz

Acclaimed
V.I.P. Member
Newest chapter of the Gash sequel is fucking wild

Gash saved 10 millions demons with his soul splicing spell, Gorm is running a portal network across the Demon World to help them move around, Ashuron has sheathed an entire mountain in his scales to make a fortress, Barry just straight up beat the shit out of one of the invaders after losing his spells, and Sherry....has kids. God, her poor husband :catskully
I should reread the original gash before checking the sequel i remember absolutely nothing of it

And I just got kidney stones. Was able to pass it but holy shit, I wouldn’t wish this pain I went through on even my worst enemies
My entire family has history of kidney stones so i drink as much water as i can trying to avoid them

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member

Not only is this story bad, it's boring and drags on way longer than it has any right to. It felt like multiple chapters could have been removed entirely without having to change much of anything, while other characters should have had their chapters later in the story.
ie. Ashra's chapter should have been Kenshi's given that's when he actually gets Sento and he's the one who really does the work against Ermac.

Sure people will probably argue that without her, they wouldn't have found Quan Chi so she deserved the chapter, to which I would point out how integral Geras is to the heroes having ANY chance to win at the end yet HE doesn't get his own chapter. :mjpls

It really is hard to say weather this is better or worse than MK11 from a story standpoint, the only certainty is that they're both shit.

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member

WOW! I forgot just how bad Judai's draws were in this duel (most likely because of the "fear of failure" he was suffering from at the time), he basically got nothing to work with, is it any wonder he lost? :kobeha

Though it was a nice change of pace from Yugi in that (at least early on) Judai was actually capable of losing clean, his LP hitting zero 3 times in Season 1 alone. :maybe

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member

WOW! I forgot just how bad Judai's draws were in this duel (most likely because of the "fear of failure" he was suffering from at the time), he basically got nothing to work with, is it any wonder he lost? :kobeha

Though it was a nice change of pace from Yugi in that (at least early on) Judai was actually capable of losing clean, his LP hitting zero 3 times in Season 1 alone. :maybe

In the anime, yeah. We didn't see Yugi/Atem take a clean L until season 4, against Raphael.

What I do like about this episode with Judai, which I posted in the previous convo, is that it showed that even Judai, as lucky as he is, is capable of bricking a hand full-on, at least early in the series. Makes him seem more relatable, that way, again, at least early on.:mjlol

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
In the anime, yeah. We didn't see Yugi/Atem take a clean L until season 4, against Raphael.
And even that has some iffy elements with Atem kind of being tricked into willingly using the Seal of Orichalcos and just not giving a shit about his cards afterwards which set him up to lose.
What I do like about this episode with Judai, which I posted in the previous convo, is that it showed that even Judai, as lucky as he is, is capable of bricking a hand full-on, at least early in the series. Makes him seem more relatable, that way, again, at least early on.:mjlol
Yeah basically the SECOND he gets Neos and the Neo Spacians, that's when Judai really hits peak YGO protagonist levels in terms of dueling and not taking Ls anymore. :maybe

Same kind of applies to Yuma with him legit not being very good early on and actually losing a lot. It's arguably better done with Yuma, at least from a dueling standpoint in that you see him progress over the course of the whole series, from dumbass novice to god tier duelist.

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
It's not even a clean L.

:eksip I remember yugi could still make a comeback but got mind fucked so bad he willingly lose.
Yugi had no way of winning against Raph based on the cards he had, pre-Seal of Orichalcos. Post Seal, he had a route to victory, but didn't know he did, and made a huge misplay.

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
And even that has some iffy elements with Atem kind of being tricked into willingly using the Seal of Orichalcos and just not giving a shit about his cards afterwards which set him up to lose.

Yeah basically the SECOND he gets Neos and the Neo Spacians, that's when Judai really hits peak YGO protagonist levels in terms of dueling and not taking Ls anymore. :maybe

Same kind of applies to Yuma with him legit not being very good early on and actually losing a lot. It's arguably better done with Yuma, at least from a dueling standpoint in that you see him progress over the course of the whole series, from dumbass novice to god tier duelist.
If I recall it right, in season 4, Judai would've taken an L to Fujimaru(I think that's his name) at one point, but unless I'm tripping, there were shenanigans going on during it, which would've ensured it wouldn't have been a clean L, anyway. :wow

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
If I recall it right, in season 4, Judai would've taken an L to Fujimaru(I think that's his name) at one point, but unless I'm tripping, there were shenanigans going on during it, which would've ensured it wouldn't have been a clean L, anyway. :wow
Fujiwara actually.

That duel was technically a three way duel featuring Johan, though mostly the protagonists worked together except for one point where Fujiwara tempts Johan into attacking Judai, which he does because "rivals" and shit.

Obviously you could argue that since Rainbow Neos and Honest (who was actually Fujiwara's card initially) would prove integral to Judai winning, that he didn't win clean per se but I don't think there was a point where he would have lost either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back