• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #39: never give up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Looking at this topic, Sasuke was honestly never really a good character from the start and it was obvious Sasuke was barely saved by the Editor and the remnants of Kishimoto's good writing at Part 1 and barely then.

After that, he felt down a cliff and never returned.
Sasuke was at his objectively worst in the 5 Kage Summit—acted like a fucking idiot and had to get bailed out literally THREE times

Maybe also the Deidara situation where he got bailed out by shitty writing

TrueG 37

Acclaimed
Sasuke was at his objectively worst in the 5 Kage Summit—acted like a fucking idiot and had to get bailed out literally THREE times

Maybe also the Deidara situation where he got bailed out by shitty writing
I can't think of anyone notable that didn't suck in the 5 kage summit. Naruto's only point is telling Sakura off for her bitch move which honestly should have soured their relationship afterwards. Maybe not straight up hatred but the simpery and calling her Sakura-chan ends after that. It would tell you that Naruto is acting somewhat cold to her, you can rebuild their friendship to a degree later and it would sell him being with Hinata more at the end.

The only other good thing was Sai telling shit how it is and being based but he's been doing that in shit tier arcs since his debut. Looking back I almost kinda like him:bookerpls .

Like ok.

Tsunade Retrieval Arc:
Sasuke attacks Itachi even thoughhe knows he’s not even stronger than Kakashi and Itachi killed the entire Uchiha Clan by himself. It’s fucking stupid but he’s a 13 year old kid that’s blinded by rage. Logically stupid but emotionally understandable.

Sasuke Retrieval Arc:
Leaves because he thinks Orochimaru would make him stronger than Itachi. Didn’t actually do any of that though, in hindsight—even after betraying Orochimaru and absorbing some of his essence iirc Itachi was severely weakened cuz anime disease. Either way, characters like Minato, Hiruzen, and Gai all reached Itachi’s level and beyond just through hard work without anyone offering them shortcuts to get stronger.

Five Kage Summit:
Literally tries to fight ALL FIVE KAGE. Like idiot. So called genius couldn’t even assuage his hateboner for Konoha to think of an actual plan to assasinate Danzo properly. Raikage about killed him? Saved by Gaara. Mizukage about to kill him? Saved by Zetsu. Tsuchikage about to kill him? Saved by Obito

Final War:

His entire motivation makes no god damned sense. Literally.

Like ok.

Tsunade Retrieval Arc:
Sasuke attacks Itachi even thoughhe knows he’s not even stronger than Kakashi and Itachi killed the entire Uchiha Clan by himself. It’s fucking stupid but he’s a 13 year old kid that’s blinded by rage. Logically stupid but emotionally understandable.

Sasuke Retrieval Arc:
Leaves because he thinks Orochimaru would make him stronger than Itachi. Didn’t actually do any of that though, in hindsight—even after betraying Orochimaru and absorbing some of his essence iirc Itachi was severely weakened cuz anime disease. Either way, characters like Minato, Hiruzen, and Gai all reached Itachi’s level and beyond just through hard work without anyone offering them shortcuts to get stronger.

Five Kage Summit:
Literally tries to fight ALL FIVE KAGE. Like idiot. So called genius couldn’t even assuage his hateboner for Konoha to think of an actual plan to assasinate Danzo properly. Raikage about killed him? Saved by Gaara. Mizukage about to kill him? Saved by Zetsu. Tsuchikage about to kill him? Saved by Obito

Final War:

It's like I stated before, Sasuke as a character makes no sense and gets worse and worse throughout the story.
Like as much as we clown on Renji, Renji still comes off actually being a character that fulfills his purpose unlike Sasuke who barely makes any sense after meeting Itachi.

It's like I stated before, Sasuke as a character makes no sense and gets worse and worse throughout the story.
Like as much as we clown on Renji, Renji still comes off actually being a character that fulfills his purpose unlike Sasuke who barely makes any sense after meeting Itachi.
Sasuke deserves the hate because half the fanbase say he’s one of the greatest written characters in anime and better characters don’t get nearly as much love.

Those flaws always get forgotten for cheap bullshit

TrueG 37

Acclaimed
I always found Sai’s powers to be kinda boring like I think the drawings are cool but there are way better ways of making it pragmatic to fight
Oh Sai as a character and his powers are boring as shit. Or at least they're boring and non practical in how Kishi uses it. I just mean him keeping it real when Naruto and Sakura act like babies :mjlol .

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
And even that has some iffy elements with Atem kind of being tricked into willingly using the Seal of Orichalcos and just not giving a shit about his cards afterwards which set him up to lose.

Yeah basically the SECOND he gets Neos and the Neo Spacians, that's when Judai really hits peak YGO protagonist levels in terms of dueling and not taking Ls anymore. :maybe

Same kind of applies to Yuma with him legit not being very good early on and actually losing a lot. It's arguably better done with Yuma, at least from a dueling standpoint in that you see him progress over the course of the whole series, from dumbass novice to god tier duelist.

Jaden at his most shenanigans was during the 3 way paradox fight where he hard carried with the amount of traps he drew turn 1 that let him do nonsense.

No one else runs as many traps as jaden does its fucking insane

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
you forgot all the disgusting plays he made with Super Poly too

so disgusting he traumatized himself :mjlol
Imma be honest Jaden had to go through so much fucking shit

If he had any of the backup some of the other protags had maybe he wouldnt have been so traumatized. He needed him a Jack Atlas or a Kaiba, instead he got fucking Syrus and fucking Hasselberry

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
I do also like how Nightshroud just hints at 4 different eras of yugioh in his final duel with jaden

nigga talked about 5ds, Zexal, Arc-V and Vrains
its funny
Screenshot_6.png

TrueG 37

Acclaimed
Like ok.

Tsunade Retrieval Arc:

Sasuke Retrieval Arc:

Five Kage Summit:

Final War:

Tbf I don't really care that Sasuke was looking for a shortcut to gain power. Not that it fits the whole hard work thing Kishi kept trying to spout out though :bookerpls . Its funny how it didn't help him come close to truly beating Itachi though.

Aside from that I agree. Sasuke's main problem to me is inconsistency. One moment in the Sasuke retrieval arc we get told that Sasuke considered Naruto his best friend and it pains him to fight him and the next the dudes at max salt lvls impaling him through the lung with a smile on his face.

One minute Naruto and Sakura are getting pissed at Sai for being right when he says that Sasuke is a traitorous snake and how he's glad they don't think he compares to him and Sasuke starts off his second debut trying to kill Naruto.

One minute he cares about only killing the elders. Oh wait did I say the elders I mean the village because you see in the end of the Itachi stuff and Killer B shit it's revealed that he was lying to the rest of his team for no reason and wants genocide.

Then the next time the dude wants to change the world as a different type of Hokage and give world peace when he has never shown that he cares about how the overall world is affected by anything.

The dudes a mess of a character :mjlol.

Tbf I don't really care that Sasuke was looking for a shortcut to gain power. Not that it fits the whole hard work thing Kishi kept trying to spout out though :bookerpls . Its funny how it didn't help him come close to truly beating Itachi though.

Aside from that I agree. Sasuke's main problem to me is inconsistency. One moment in the Sasuke retrieval arc we get told that Sasuke considered Naruto his best friend and it pains him to fight him and the next the dudes at max salt lvls impaling him through the lung with a smile on his face.

One minute Naruto and Sakura are getting pissed at Sai for being right when he says that Sasuke is a traitorous snake and how he's glad they don't think he compares to him and Sasuke starts off his second debut trying to kill Naruto.

One minute he cares about only killing the elders. Oh wait did I say the elders I mean the village because you see in the end of the Itachi stuff and Killer B shit it's revealed that he was lying to the rest of his team for no reason and wants genocide.

Then the next time the dude wants to change the world as a different type of Hokage and give world peace when he has never shown that he cares about how the overall world is affected by anything.

That's hilariously scratching the surface of how bad Sasuke is because even his fights after awhile just become the same shit.
The instant he unlocks the Mangekyou, all of his fights basically lose all of the actual strategy they had(And I'll be fair here, they was still full of massive asspulls like Deidara and Itachi) and is nothing but spamming Mangekyou techniques and little else.
Even his basic ass moves tend to basically just be various combos of Chidori, Amaterasu, Kagutsuchi and Susann'O with no real variation or difference like Kishimoto turned into Kubo Tite.

And that's before you go with the blatant author favoritism where Sasuke basically gets a slap on the wrist(the Anime had to add he went to prison for a few months) and got a pardon and it's only on SASUKE to actually pay a price for what he's done... which ultimately didn't mean shit either as he barely fucking helped or uncovered shit and just stayed away from his wife and daughter who barely even give him any grief but kiss his ass(When INO has a bigger issue with Sasuke being away for years and years than his wife and daughter, that's a fucking problem).
Like the entire concept of Sasuke is a fucking trainwreck in action and it's honestly surprising people are his fans at all for such an absolute travesty of a character.

Yeah his characterization makes no fucking sense

Instead of A to B his line of thought is A to Q to K

Like, brother kills family? Coherced by Village Elders? Kill random Samurai in the Land of Iron and Innocent Children from The Leaf Village because my abusive retard brother was convinced by a senile old serial killer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back