• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

One Piece Tier/Feat/Canon/Toei Discussion Thread Part 3: Road to star level

redon on Pirate King forums:

the Popeye comparisons is a good one, because one of the things that "awakening" gives Luffy's fruit is "freedom". And that "freedom" allows Luffy to fight as he wants, and in this case (for now) it's to fight as if he were a cartoon, with all sorts of crazy things.

And as you can see, that doesn't only affect him, it also affects the enemy (that's why Kaidou in one image also looks like someone out of Looney Tunes or something).

Part of the text of what says Gorousei in the chapter:

Gorousei: "The awakening of that fruit will give the rubber body even more “strength” and “freedom”.
It is said that, it is the most... ridiculous power in the world!!"

Jesus man lmao How is this real.

1cfdab0c6fd501b05e632b531a304a26fac39a55_hq.gif

redon on Pirate King forums:

the Popeye comparisons is a good one, because one of the things that "awakening" gives Luffy's fruit is "freedom". And that "freedom" allows Luffy to fight as he wants, and in this case (for now) it's to fight as if he were a cartoon, with all sorts of crazy things.

And as you can see, that doesn't only affect him, it also affects the enemy (that's why Kaidou in one image also looks like someone out of Looney Tunes or something).

Part of the text of what says Gorousei in the chapter:

Gorousei: "The awakening of that fruit will give the rubber body even more “strength” and “freedom”.
It is said that, it is the most... ridiculous power in the world!!"

Jesus man lmao How is this real.

I mean it would explain how the hell Luffy was immune to Eneru's Lightning which shouldn't be possible period considering Lightning still has Heat, which would melt Rubber.
It definitely meant even back then Luffy's DF isn't JUST Rubber.
Now I doubt that this was heavily foreshadowed and it definitely comes off... a bit much?

But it definitely is okay as it doesn't feel like it was completely half-assed but it definitely felt like something he decided to do not that far off ago.

Warlordgab

Illustrious
I mean it would explain how the hell Luffy was immune to Eneru's Lightning which shouldn't be possible period considering Lightning still has Heat, which would melt Rubber.
It definitely meant even back then Luffy's DF isn't JUST Rubber.
Now I doubt that this was heavily foreshadowed and it definitely comes off... a bit much?

But it definitely is okay as it doesn't feel like it was completely half-assed but it definitely felt like something he decided to do not that far off ago.
There's also his fight against Don Chinjao

He ended that battle with the Gum Gum Thor Elephant Gun technique:
one_piece_ch719_p14-15.png

And when Oda wrote Strong World years before, he had Luffy finish his foe with a similar, and electric, technique...
tumblr_mnmrvo0GrB1sqlqe5o10_500.gif

...rubber shouldn't be able to use or produce lightning/electricity

Even his "Red Hawk" attack makes more sense now thanks to the reveal

B Rabbit

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Also Luffy doesn't know he's a mythical zoan it seems like. He still thinks he's a rubber man. So he doesn't know how to use the "freedom" ability to its full capacity.

B Rabbit

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Also Luffy doesn't know he's a mythical zoan it seems like. He still thinks he's a rubber man. So he doesn't know how to use the "freedom" ability to its full capacity?

Idk but Luffy going to wreck shop

B Rabbit

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Pretty interesting that all Zoan fruits have a mind of their own.

Makes sense because essential you have the powers of a different species.

Back