Percy Jackson TV Show.

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
Riordan has recently posted on twitter about the Disney + Percy Jackson show.

As you might have heard, Percy Jackson and the Olympians got the official green light from Disney+ this week! Here's my announcement video below.

Riordan is also working with a Kane Chronicles show with Netflix.

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
Update: https://rickriordan.com/2022/02/back-from-the-west-coast/

Filming will start on June 1.

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
Also confirmation that we'll have a Daughter Of The Deep film.

With what's going on with Disney right now, color me unimpressed and less than eager to see what they're going to do to trash another one of my favorite childhood/young adult series.

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
With what's going on with Disney right now, color me unimpressed and less than eager to see what they're going to do to trash another one of my favorite childhood/young adult series.

Well, Riordan is working on it, and he himself states that the show will be faithful to the source material. Then again, even Riordan's writing seems to have gone down in quality.

Well, Riordan is working on it, and he himself states that the show will be faithful to the source material. Then again, even Riordan's writing seems to have gone down in quality.

Have you even tried to read his Magnus Chase books? I thought I was being spoonfed enough woke ideology in my daily life, now it's bled over into fantasy books where it HAS NO REASON to exist. It is not essential to the story and contributes nothing. I loved his modern take on classic mythological tales because it introduced a lot of current people to the fun that exists there. Instead, he's taken a dive into losing my business forever - not that he probably cares.

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
I have, but it's been so long I've forgotten about it. I don't think I even finished that series. But the only woke ideology there is with Alex Fierro. TOA is worse. Like he kills off Jason and makes Piper gay for no reason.

Oh, and what happened to Reyna. This is really weird since it seems that Riordan can still write well. Like, compare Apollo's and Meg's characters to the rest of the characters in the books.

Plus he can write good gay couples as shown with the Waystation women. The problem is that he's inserting it into characters that never showed any inclination to being gay.

I never understood it myself. The love relationship with Magnus and Alex felt way, way too forced and was so out in left field. The relationship between Annabeth and Percy was far more interesting because they started out as what felt like frenemies united in a shared quest and bonded through their trials.

I had to stop reading the second to newest book in the Sword of Summer saga because it became less about the trials and more about Magnus and his weird love life with a nonbinary character/genderfluid character.

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member

I don’t like the choices for Sally Jackson and Alecto.

Mullally doesn’t look like she can pull of the mean anger of Mrs. Dodds.

Kull idk she just doesn’t give of the vibes of being a loving mother as Sally Jackson was in the books.

Oh, and Chiron is black now.

At least Mantzoukas actually looks somewhat like Dionysus.

Edit: Though Mantzoukas facial hair looks almost fake to me for some reason.