Event Post and I'll give you your personal spirit beetle

Use this prefix to host events.
yea but what's his gimmick ? he can fly ? he's poisonous ?
He's ridged.

Rhinoceros beetle
Wait... you're outright asking?

Wishing for a Heracross...
@Planidium Do your best!
I will later I promise!

Also waiting for @Ral to realise his is Pinsir and the weeb's choice.

In fact all of you got a beetle with a meaning behind it and I take personal offence from @Ruffles negligence to notice what I did for his sorry ass... He's been nothing but mean and antagonistic to me and it hurts... it really does... How can a man with the face and aura of a rock demigod be so cruel... I am baffled by Ruffle...

In fact all of you got a beetle with a meaning behind it and I take personal offence from @Ruffles negligence to notice what I did for his sorry ass... He's been nothing but mean and antagonistic to me and it hurts... it really does... How can a man with the face and aura of a rock demigod be so cruel... I am baffled by Ruffle...
Eh, there are crueler gods

Rhinoceros beetle
onthophagus_mopsus_1.jpg

Wishing for a Heracross...
@Planidium Do your best!
onthophagus_schwaneri_1.jpg

but wait what's the reference?
Journey was a rock band and used a scarab but that looks different
I don't do direct references when it's about what I feel fits you as a spiritual beetle.

You got a carrion beetle and to be precise one of the most strikingly iconic ones too: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicrophorus_interruptus

These beetles are scavengers, breeding and living off in rotten carcases.[4] In fact they bury the carcasses of small vertebrates such as birds and mice as a food source for their larvae.

In Nicrophorus interruptus both the male and female parents take care of the brood, quite rare behaviour among insects. The prospective parents begin to dig a hole below the carcass, forming the crypt, where the carcass will remain until the flesh has been completely consumed. Although the larvae are able to feed themselves, both parents also feed them by regurgitated liquid food.[5]

The adult beetles continue to protect the larvae, which take several days to mature.. The final-stage larvae migrate into the soil and pupate, transforming from small white larvae to fully formed adult beetles.[5]

Aside from being the perfect symbol for metal and halloween carrion beetles were also among the first animals being carved by ancient humans dating back thousand of years ago, for some reason our ancestors were mesmerised by these beetles.
It's also worth mentioning that some of the members of this group of beetles are the one of the two only known examples of arthropod parasitoids of vertebrates, a parasitoid is any organism that kills its hosts usually devouring it to continue on as a free living adult. In the case of these beetles they lay their eggs next to snake eggs and when the larvae hatch they get inside the eggs and eat the snake fetuses alive, making them essentially snake killers.

So I say you got a pretty sweet deal there.

My pincer broke off
Time to fix.

main-qimg-dcea4e45fe1d2a81b29e171636393626

Back