• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Pre hobby beliefs

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
to be fair this was before TTGL was even a member and revamped the profiles but I was dead sure GER negged the TTGL

in general I thought GER could beat anything that wasn't "omnipotent" and when I discovered the wiki I didn't understand why they said IG Thanos beat him

even after I joined I had some dumb takes. I once thought Hytherion from Transformers would lose to fucking Haruhi :skully

GregSteve

Bakugou died for your lmao's
V.I.P. Member
I can't remember why but I had some weird convoluted thought process in my head that made me think Allen Walker from Dgrayman was like in the upper echelon of all anime characters

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Elder Scrolls being a solar system at best (funnily enough, when a friend pointed out counter evidence to this I became one of the biggest debunkers of this misconception).

Gurren Lagann being universal at best (despite it being my favourite anime).

Split durability being a thing.

A character having innate power being somehow greater than people with technology controling an equal amount of power (like Goku would beat Palpatine because he had innate power to destroy a planet while Palpatine needing the Death Star).

There were also a few months when I thought dimensional tiering was a thing.

Maddie

Acclaimed
I got into the hobby so early honestly I got redpilled quick. I learned straight on Dragon Ball wasn't shit to Galactus or Saint Seiya or Silver Age/Pre Crisis Superman or Lord of Nightmares or Madoka and just accepted that. I didn't grasp omnipotence properly so had OCs be super omnipotent or some shit.

I found a document from 2014 where I listed Nappa and Vegeta at like mountain level for some ungodly reason

I don't know when to classify pre-hobby, I guess before 2014 when I started hate watching Death Battle

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
Before I got into the hobby, hell, before I started even lurking on the OBD back in 2010, I legit didn't even know Belch was an anime, and when I saw thumbnails for vids of it on YouTube, I unironically thought those were just cartoon advertisements for bleach. :kobeha

Also, D. Gray-Man was my first ever anime that I fully watched from start to finish, so I legit believed that Akuma were invincible so long as you didn't have Innocence or Dark Matter to destroy them.

GregSteve

Bakugou died for your lmao's
V.I.P. Member
Before I got into the hobby, hell, before I started even lurking on the OBD back in 2010, I legit didn't even know Belch was an anime, and when I saw thumbnails for vids of it on YouTube, I unironically thought those were just cartoon advertisements for bleach. :kobeha

Also, D. Gray-Man was my first ever anime that I fully watched from start to finish, so I legit believed that Akuma were invincible so long as you didn't have Innocence or Dark Matter to destroy them.
Fucking Dgrayman deception :mjlol

Sigismund

I believed Naruto to be a Toonami only cartoon, and when that ended in 08 I bothered to actually look up Naruto online, found out I was wrong and found the OBD surprisingly quick

Back