Rap/Hip Hop Thread

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
Migos member Takeoff unfortunately was killed recently so I thought I'd post some of my favorite songs he contributed to.
Migos was a really interesting group when the first appeared because their style was heavily influenced by Memphis rap, especially Three 6 Mafia's Lord Infamous' style triplet flows, but they were very much Atlanta based trap rappers and their sound never changed from that. While I wasn't a big fan of much of their post Bad and Boujee era stuff when they went more commercial, they had rap in a chokehold for a good couple of years before that. Takeoff was always the best rapper of the three, sad to see him go so young.

I always thought Cross the Country was their best song and kinda showcased what all 3 members were best at

OtherGalaxy

V.I.P. Member
Extremely late on this but Gangsta Boo passed this year and she was easily my favorite female rapper of all time, and probably the best there was. Three 6 Mafia would not have been the same without her and she's probably the only person I know of that could clear Kingpin Skinny Pimp on his own song.

(90% sure that's waka flocka flame's mom at the beginning of the last video, for some reason)

Reactions: Ral

jane

queen of the losers.
V.I.P. Member
Pronouns
She/Her
ive never really listened to jpegmafia but there's been recent shit with him that's kind of annoyed me tbh

i have to listen to more danny brown because i really really dig the few things ive heard from him

OtherGalaxy

V.I.P. Member
ive never really listened to jpegmafia but there's been recent shit with him that's kind of annoyed me tbh

i have to listen to more danny brown because i really really dig the few things ive heard from him
pretty much everything on XXX is great but 25 Bucks on Old stayed on repeat for weeks

his earlier stuff is also fun

Back