Suggestion sig limits

T-Pein™

The Nexus
Pronouns
They/Them
Do we really need to see stuff as big as this?
takes more than 1/2 of the screen state.

dddff.jpg

Ral

[SUBTRACTED]
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him
My thoughts exactly; we will start asking that members put big ass images and and long text in spoilers. We're also exploring to what limits we should set for each group and also more definitive rules.

Ral

[SUBTRACTED]
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him
@Hikawa check it now; are the images at a decent size while we enforce some more strict guidelines soon? Images are a bandwidth and data killer as much as videos are, so I can understand that as well.

Ral

[SUBTRACTED]
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him
I killed two birbs with one stone so now the new limit applies to ALL images posted on the forum; you can still click them to get the full image if you so choose, but if the rest of the community can provide feedback on these new changes, please let me know if this is okay for you as well.

Crimson Dragoon

Exceptional
I killed two birbs with one stone so now the new limit applies to ALL images posted on the forum; you can still click them to get the full image if you so choose, but if the rest of the community can provide feedback on these new changes, please let me know if this is okay for you as well.
On mobile right now and wide images are kind of borked

image0.png

Ral

[SUBTRACTED]
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him
@Crimson Dragoon I removed my edits so it should be back to how it was until I can mess with this some more. There isn't a perfect solution for this other than telling people what the sig rules are and making them put their shit in spoilers. I can also sig ban if they want to be asses about it :blobfacade

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
Do we have a set size for signatures? i.e. 500x500 pixels or something like that?

Shrouded Rogue

Was about the say, the massive signature images that some users have is mega annoying. And no, I can't be bothered to turn off signatures since some are interesting.

Ral

[SUBTRACTED]
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him
Do we have a set size for signatures? i.e. 500x500 pixels or something like that?
Didn't find anything in the Admin CP that limits specifically images. Just lines and whatnot, but I think I can find an option or something that at least hides it almost like a long quote when the signature gets thicccccc.

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
Didn't find anything in the Admin CP that limits specifically images. Just lines and whatnot, but I think I can find an option or something that at least hides it almost like a long quote when the signature gets thicccccc.
On NF before the switch from VB to Xenforo, I think staff had to manually make sure users weren't going over whatever the predefined limit for signatures were. Not sure about Xenforo but its probably the same situation. Whatever is the best compromise between pixel size and file size limits.

Dr. Watson

‣ ↻
Administrator
max-height and width can avoid goin over the size limits without staff interference. i think it's a css thing. let me test something in extra.less

Reactions: Ral

Ral

[SUBTRACTED]
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him
max-height and width can avoid goin over the size limits without staff interference. i think it's a css thing. let me test something in extra.less
Make new skin or test with master test skin and gg do whateva.

Back