Site Maintenance & Outages

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ral

[SUBTRACTED]
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him
The site became unavailable because for whatever reason, the domain did not auto-renew. I have made sure that this does not happen again and paid for 2 extra years this time. Sorry for the mishap!

Ral

[SUBTRACTED]
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him
Some time by the end of October and first week of November, we will be moving to a new host.

What does that mean for everyone else? A few minutes of downtime while I migrate the database over and change some DN settings in Cloudflare to point to our brand spanking new server!

Stay turned for more updates as the day of reckoning draws near :ral

Ral

[SUBTRACTED]
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him
We were going to move hosts last year, but I decided to renew, and buy us some time until XenForo dropped a release I was waiting for them to push out with some needed QOL fixes for the forum. Now that we are in 2023 and our hosting plan expires next month, I have decided to migrate to our new host sooner than expected. This Sunday, March 5th, 2023, there will be a two-hour downtime starting at 2 PM EST to which we will migrate to our new host and the forum will appear offline for some time. Do not be startled, in the event something was to go wrong, I will have the forum backed up on our current host, and it should hopefully be a smooth transition. The forum may appear and disappear during this time, which is normal given that I will have to update our DNS records, and also upgrade a bunch of addons I had planned to upgrade along with the forum.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to me at any time.

See you all on the flip side! omae wa

Ral

[SUBTRACTED]
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him
The forum has been migrated successfully and is back online! Please feel free to PM me directly if you run into any issues post-migration.

Ral

[SUBTRACTED]
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him
Sorry for the downtime folks, I was unaware that the server ran out of resources (RAM) in order to keep it running (very busy day yesterday for me as I prepare for my grand adventure and relocation to the south within the next two months).

Forum (PHP aka backend) ran out of memory, so I ended up having to upgrade the server to accommodate the amount of shitposts we get here on the daily. Went from paying about tree fitty to $7.40/m now :mjgrin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back