• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Skyrim: Anniversary Edition, or how Todd Howard got me again

Atem

King of Games
V.I.P. Member
I caved mostly because some of the big modlists I have incorporated it.

Anyway, is all the CC content canon? Since now they're packaged together, and some of them actually have some significance storywise.

Last edited:

Rev97

Illustrious
Still have yet to play this version of the game. Been playing the hell out of Skyrim on Switch.

How is all the extra content? Heard a lot of it is from Morrowind.

Rev97

Illustrious
Some of it is really good. Other stuff has been done better by fan modders. Ghosts of the Tribunal is god tier.
Cant wait.

Until than still stuck with Vanilla Special Edition. Any suggestions on what content to look for first? Any new bows added in particular that are good to look out for?

Rev97

Illustrious
Ruin's Edge for starters.
Damn, it induces paralyze? Makes the Bullseye Perk and use of Poisons redundant. Can't wait to get this one. My favorite Bows in the previous edition were Zephyr, Black Dwarven Bow of Fate, Auriel's Bow, and a Stalhrim Bow with some nice Chaos + Frost Enchantment. Bow of the Hunt wasnt half bad a starter if you got it early enough too.

What Race and play style did you go in with? Going to go with a Wood Elf Archer Warrior for my first run.

Atem

King of Games
V.I.P. Member
Damn, it induces paralyze? Makes the Bullseye Perk and use of Poisons redundant. Can't wait to get this one. My favorite Bows in the previous edition were Zephyr, Black Dwarven Bow of Fate, Auriel's Bow, and a Stalhrim Bow with some nice Chaos + Frost Enchantment. Bow of the Hunt wasnt half bad a starter if you got it early enough too.

What Race and play style did you go in with? Going to go with a Wood Elf Archer Warrior for my first run.
Fistmancer. Mage build using destruction and restoration, and the new pugilist skill tree courtesy of Adamant's hand to hand add-on. Which is surprisingly powerful. Espeacially since they added Brawler gauntlets.

Rev97

Illustrious
Fistmancer. Mage build using destruction and restoration, and the new pugilist skill tree courtesy of Adamant's hand to hand add-on. Which is surprisingly powerful. Espeacially since they added Brawler gauntlets.
So they added an Unarmed Skill Tree? That’s the one thing I don’t know why was dropped. Glad to see that added.

You using Khajit for that unarmed bonus in claws with that build?

For a Magic focused, think I’ll go for a classic Battlemage build (Heavy Armor, Destruction, Alteration, Conjuration, maybe Illusion, One-Handed, and Enchanting. I usually go High Elf but I’m tempted to go Dunmer this time with all the Morrowind content they added.

Atem

King of Games
V.I.P. Member
So they added an Unarmed Skill Tree? That’s the one thing I don’t know why was dropped. Glad to see that added.

You using Khajit for that unarmed bonus in claws with that build?

For a Magic focused, think I’ll go for a classic Battlemage build (Heavy Armor, Destruction, Alteration, Conjuration, maybe Illusion, One-Handed, and Enchanting. I usually go High Elf but I’m tempted to go Dunmer this time with all the Morrowind content they added.
No, no. Adamant is a mod. I am on PC.

Rev97

Illustrious
No, no. Adamant is a mod. I am on PC.
Oh I see. Yeah the closest thing to that for Vanilla is Heavy Armor Fist of Steel perk.

I don’t know why they couldn’t at least included Unarmed combat as a branch within One-Handed so that you at least had a few perks and could level up with attacking with no weapons.

Makes Khajiits racial ability useless in the long run

Rev97

Illustrious
@Atem If you could add one extra race to the next Elder Scrolls game, what would it be?

Dawnguard made me interested in the possibility of surviving non-Falmer Snow Elves

Rev97

Illustrious
Dwemer.

Make the next game about their miraculous return, or before they yeeted themselves into The Bronze Tower.
Think Todd mentioned that’s one mystery that will never be revealed in an Elder Scrolls game under him.

Doesn’t mean I don’t want a playable Dwemer though. Dwemer ruins exploration and quests related to Dwemer in Skyrim were the best

Last edited:

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
Think Todd mentioned that’s one mystery that will never be revealed in an Elder Scrolls game under him.

Doesn’t mean I don’t want a playable Dwemer though. Dwemer ruins exploration and quests related to Dwemer in Skyrim were the best
Then oust Todd Howard. Guy's overrated as sin, anyway. Only reason he doesn't want to do it, is because he's not intelligent enough to think of what really happened to them. I'd fucking love if the next game was centered around Era 1 just before their disappearance. Could you imagine the marketing for that? They'd easily have everyone on-board with a decision like that.

Rev97

Illustrious
Then oust Todd Howard. Guy's overrated as sin, anyway. Only reason he doesn't want to do it, is because he's not intelligent enough to think of what really happened to them. I'd fucking love if the next game was centered around Era 1 just before their disappearance. Could you imagine the marketing for that? They'd easily have everyone on-board with a decision like that.
Agreed on everything. They should rehire someone like Michael Kirkbride to direct the story for the next game.

Though honestly, am I the only one that wants to continue where V left off? Skyrim ended on such a cliffhanger in regards to the next great war with the Thalmor with either the Empire or the Stormcloaks preparing for it depending in which side you picked. Damn shame you could never just end the Thalmors youself after picking and leading one side to victory over the other as a Part 2 of the war.

I really want to see the aftermath and perhaps what canonically became of the Dragonborn like with previous protagonists. Especially the confirmation of whether or not they ended up like Miraak as Dragonborn hinted at

Back