Byronic Hero
GFX Designer
Jb8bDg3.png

Xadlin

Distinguished
V.I.P. Member
Touhou_piece.png

Drew a touhou piece for a competition

One day ill go back and work on basics and practice on poses again.

but it felt pretty nice making a nice touhou pic

Reactions: Ral

Dr. Watson

‣ ↻
Administrator
This place needs a major overhaul, and I have a very interesting plan for it that doesn't just pertain to art itself, but content creation
:hmm

Gonna be fun as fuck, my dudes
I'm hoping my plan works, make it sort of a feedback loop

Nevermind

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
This place needs a major overhaul, and I have a very interesting plan for it that doesn't just pertain to art itself, but content creation
:hmm

Gonna be fun as fuck, my dudes
I'm hoping my plan works, make it sort of a feedback loop
You mean like a warehouse and archive board or something?

I've got some plans for some videos and even a couple of comics I'd like to do but I can't draw a stick figure properly.

Dr. Watson

‣ ↻
Administrator
You mean like a warehouse and archive board or something?

I've got some plans for some videos and even a couple of comics I'd like to do but I can't draw a stick figure properly.
How old are you?

If you're in your mid-20s, I don't know if you remember graphic/wallpaper/resource and layout sites in their prime, but they were also a huge, huge source of link exchanges.
Sadly, most of them withered away or simply stopped paying the bills.
There's one site called theforgottenlair/TFL that's 20 years old. It had such a huge influence on me as a young kiddo, and still does.
I want to essential bring link exchanges/plugs back that not only benefits OLF's exposure, but budding artists/content Creators.

What I want to do instead of allowing forums to roll over and die is to utilize OLF by making it into a feedback loop through link exchanges/plugs for content creation.
And I'm gonna also need people to go out of their way to contact artists that have commission slots open and are struggling with audience interaction and views.
XF software doesn't have to be obsolete, it doesn't have to compete with discussion board giants like Reddit. It can be useful giving artists/content Creators like you to gain some exposure, and us to get some exposure back.

So essentially the plan is to do a complete overhaul of a section and kind of use Patreon as an inspiration to get people hooked on new, exclusive content via referals.

Like, I kept thinking, why have all these sections when Reddit has them aleeady? Why have a dead Sports section, a cinema section, when NF is already right there with people you're already familiar with?
It seems redundant to alot of people to even bother. I want to stick out from the herd in a way that matters and benefits users and artists. I want a cinema section to be where it isn't just a place to discuss movies and TV and shows, but a way to gather information and discuss and make it fun by doing live streams, weird quirky contests and competitions like betting pools.
People can login, post something about SNL, chat about. But there's nothing that really is worthy of anyone's attention. So insrwad of just trying to focus on being *just OLF* I want to try pushing for a new way of utilizing obsolete communities and have a kind of interconnected thing going among them, too. And I want guests to go browse a section and see it's atypical to pique interest.

What better way to do this than get artists/Creators a way to plug their work and give us a shout-out? What about doing things like making our own calendars, unique things that garner interest that isn't just run of the mill?

I feel if we use a way to bring artists/Creators in the spotlight it gives them a fighting chance, rather than relying on Twitter algorithms.

Nevermind

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Like, I kept thinking, why have all these sections when Reddit has them aleeady? Why have a dead Sports section, a cinema section, when NF is already right there with people you're already familiar with?
It seems redundant to alot of people to even bother. I want to stick out from the herd in a way that matters and benefits users and artists. I want a cinema section to be where it isn't just a place to discuss movies and TV and shows, but a way to gather information and discuss and make it fun by doing live streams, weird quirky contests and competitions like betting pools.
People can login, post something about SNL, chat about. But there's nothing that really is worthy of anyone's attention. So insrwad of just trying to focus on being *just OLF* I want to try pushing for a new way of utilizing obsolete communities and have a kind of interconnected thing going among them, too. And I want guests to go browse a section and see it's atypical to pique interest.

What better way to do this than get artists/Creators a way to plug their work and give us a shout-out? What about doing things like making our own calendars, unique things that garner interest that isn't just run of the mill?

I feel if we use a way to bring artists/Creators in the spotlight it gives them a fighting chance, rather than relying on Twitter algorithms.
This isn't a bad idea. It's rather similar to the OBD Inc. section I requested. Though it sounds more like an exchange than producer? I've had some productions in mind for a while. A concept launch video is almost ready for execution. Since mainstream entertainment is such a dying train wreck we're in the midst of an indy boom so there's a lot of opportunity.

Back