• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

VS Battle The Hollow Knight (character) takes on the Great Tomb of Nazarick (Overlord)

image0.jpg

Hollow Knight failed to save his crumbling little world but is given a second chance to save this new world from evil creatures.

This is Hollow Knight in his prime uninfected as the Pure Vessel. Not to be confused with The Knight.

Victory conditions are to free the New World from Ainz’s rule and kill all hostile creatures inside the tomb. Can this 10-foot-tall being of the Void succeed?

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
What can The Hollow Knight do again? :hm
Been a while since I've played it.

What can The Hollow Knight do again? :hm
Been a while since I've played it.
Hollow Knight upon his awakening shook the earth (most likely just the kingdom of Hallownest) and created a dense fog that consumed Hallownest.

His sibling the Knight can create sonic booms when he flies. Traitor Lord and Mantis Traitors can create sonic booms with their attacks.

Several enemies and obstacles can fire beams of light, travels in a straight line, burns on contact, and reflects and refracts. The Radiance also shoots a beam of light. The Knight is capable of moving out of the way.

The Radiance also seems to take the form of the sun, but it's kinda iffy since it's in the Dream Realm even though the Knight is physically there.

Though the Dream Realm in the Hollow Knight universe is a plane beyond the physical world, a space between body and soul containing eternal dreams and memories of beings. Dreams can take shape in the waking world, such as Spirits via ghosts and the Whispering Roots.

The Hollow Knight can use his universe's arcane life force called Soul to cast spells, which animates creatures, gives them life, and can be found in the air itself. Can absorb Soul by taking it by force by striking any creature.

Can use the Focus spell that allows him to heal, or unlike The Knight, Hollow Knight can use this to surround himself with a circular aura that will explode, afterward generating six smaller auras that will explode in rapid succession.

Can hold out his hand to summon soul daggers to shoot toward foes, can slam on the ground to summon giant spike soul pillars, can teleport, and most likely has The Knight's other abilities and spells like Vengeful Spirit that generates a spiritual projectile to burn foes and can pass through inanimate objects, passing/phasing through walls by dashing, Desolate Dive where he strikes the ground generating a concentrating force of Soul and shockwave, and Howling Wraiths that unleashes a wave of energy with a scream.

Hollow Knight is a being from Void and the child of Higher Beings which is why he can use Soul. He contains two souls. They can't really die, when The Knight dies he just regains a new body. Or they can exist without a physical form becoming a liquid black tendril substance and are able to interact in dreams as shown in one of the Endings, but a source of light in this state makes them stay still as a statue or docile (as they seemed to still move in the Endings)

Seems more like aim-dodging :hm
Since The Knight has to dodge these types of attacks several times he has to atleast dodge a few of them legitimately. Absolute Radiance spams it super quick. But unfortunately no one has shown reacting in any scripted cutscenes. The sonic booms would put them supersonic at least.

Wouldn't aim dodging consecutive light still be pretty fast?

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
Wait, so is the Hollow Knight (and well, the entire HK world) not actually bug-sized?
I remember that being a bit of a misconception.

Wait, so is the Hollow Knight (and well, the entire HK world) not actually bug-sized?
I remember that being a bit of a misconception.
There is statements and evidence leading to human size.

Team Cherry's Twitter says that Hornet can cut down a bug from thirty yards.

Quirrel holding a much smaller bug.
DftnGcDVQAE5blg.jpg

In the City of Tears, you can see the raindrops everywhere and even their ripple on the water or sliding down glass panes. They're not huge droplets.
giphy.gif

Back