• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Transformers feats/discussion

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
actually I think I'm being overly pedantic here. All transformers are born from Primus in some sense, sparks come from him. So The Crown by definition has to be a part of him. Primus is the GodHead
they're all born from him in some sense and then eventually return to him, since matter is neither created nor destroyed, merely transformed (:mjpls)

the collective unconscious/a realm of archetypes (i.e. Atziluth where Keter/the Crown resides)

Which means that Primus is Ein Sof :mjpls

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
wait, if primus is the equivalent of ein sof in kabbalah than that means The One would be even greater entity

what the fuck

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
The One is extremely strange

Like I've mentioned before, there are one or two origins specifically saying The One didn't make the multiverse, The One was just...there, and it made Unicron to explore it, except Unicron decided to eat it all instead.

Trying to patch together all the various origins you get something like this:
The One "encounters" reality, makes a race of all powerful god-beings. One of them, Unicron, eats his siblings, and the old reality, then goes to sleep. Tiny bits survive and create a new reality and Primus with it/Primus is born by being cut from Unicron and the new reality comes into being as a side-effect. Unicron awakens confused that things still exist and starts destroying it again, Primus tries to stop him and is losing. Tricks Unicron into becoming trapped into a physical form along with himself.

TF is deliberately obtuse about how the multiverse started, Furman himself has written I think 3 or 4 different origins that all both line up and conflict in some ways. It's pretty cool, but also hard to parse with regard to this hobby.

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
The One is extremely strange

Like I've mentioned before, there are one or two origins specifically saying The One didn't make the multiverse, The One was just...there, and it made Unicron to explore it, except Unicron decided to eat it all instead.

Trying to patch together all the various origins you get something like this:
The One "encounters" reality, makes a race of all powerful god-beings. One of them, Unicron, eats his siblings, and the old reality, then goes to sleep. Tiny bits survive and create a new reality and Primus with it/Primus is born by being cut from Unicron and the new reality comes into being as a side-effect. Unicron awakens confused that things still exist and starts destroying it again, Primus tries to stop him and is losing. Tricks Unicron into becoming trapped into a physical form along with himself.

TF is deliberately obtuse about how the multiverse started, Furman himself has written I think 3 or 4 different origins that all both line up and conflict in some ways. It's pretty cool, but also hard to parse with regard to this hobby.
That's of why I think it's really weird
Both Primus and The One would technically be considered Ein Sof in Kabbalah terms :rock

OtherGalaxy

V.I.P. Member
I have no idea if it was intentional but tfwiki notes the way The One is handled has a lot in common with Gnosticism

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
gnosticism and kabbalah technically have a couple of things in common but they're pretty mutually exclusive from what I remember iirc

the "true" god would be ein sof while the "false" god would be the demiurge/yaldabaoth, who keeps mortals/humans limited to the physical world/assiah

or something like that

OtherGalaxy

V.I.P. Member
I mean it's not gonna be 1:1 in any case because these aren't "literally" kabbalah or gnosticism, just basically ripping off the former and having weird similarities to the latter

DarkestGlory

Illustrious
So where would the Astral Plane be in this newfound cosmology? And Unspace? I assume esoteric realms like Infraspace and such would be part of the Kingdom, along with reality.

OtherGalaxy

V.I.P. Member
I have no real clue tbh, that’s one of the issues with these obscure things that are not elaborated on

Infraspace is supposed to be between life and death, so you could make a case for it being in the Foundation? the gateway to the Tree? but that’s assuming it even cleanly fits into the Tree of Life

Unspace is vaguely connected to the tree since Rhinox used it to send his consciousness to the afterlife to retrieve Primal 🤔

Astral Plane is literally anybody’s guess. I never posted quotes from Beast Wars Reborn yet, but it’s clear in that story that Astral Plane transcends space and time, and Unicron Primus and the 13 all use it a lot, but how it fits into this Ive no real clue.

OtherGalaxy

V.I.P. Member
I’m just going by whats on the page tbh, it would be interesting to learn more about Kabbalah outside of this but nothing that aint in the story can be used imo

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
I’m just going by whats on the page tbh, it would be interesting to learn more about Kabbalah outside of this but nothing that aint in the story can be used imo
so what I'm hearing is you'll become a to aru fan

:tupac

Back