• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Transformers feats/discussion

grillmaster

Paramount
and hes STILL DOING THIS SHIT
something-i-found-a-while-back-v0-3bs9n9wur2mc1.png

HE CANT KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH IIIIIIT

grillmaster

Paramount
Alignment has so many wild feats it's surprising to me nobody brings it up. I know it was thought to be non-canon, but AVP says it is so that's what I'm going with
if i recall the japanese Galvatron II figures bio mentions Alignment lore anyway, with the Warworld fleet

grillmaster

Paramount
if i recall the japanese Galvatron II figures bio mentions Alignment lore anyway, with the Warworld fleet
speaking of which i just realized a FLEET OF WARWORLDS!?!??
how fucking fast did the decepticons build an armada of dwarf planet sized battle ships, bludgeon only had like ONE
decepticon infrastructure must be ridiculous
that line from the cartoon from cyclonus claiming decepticons nearly ruled the entire quadrant (presumably like a galactic quadrant) is seeming less outlandish by the day

grillmaster

Paramount
There used to be this really old fan made optimus prime analysis video before he was in death battle, it was old and kind of outdated but i liked it, now it seems its gone which is unfortunate
i think transformers may need more scaling analysis videos honestly

grillmaster

Paramount
On an unrelated note, for all the g1 cartoons flaws and goofy moments, i genuinely like the OST, its actually quite consistently good imo, moreso than the animation thats for sure

its a big part of its charm to me, that iconic soundtrack
i really dislike how even when hasbro tries to homage g1, they dont capture that sound, personally thats a big part of it to me

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
As silly as sunbow g1 is, I still think it has merit. A Plague of Insecticons is burned into my mind, something about the scenery, the idea of mass producing robot insects that didn't seem entirely loyal to Megatron at their debut, there's a lot of cool ideas packed into G1 and I hope as Kirkbride is a huge Sunbow fan, he builds on those in their comics in an interesting way. Overly self-referential=it'll probably suck, but like the Legacy team rn is building on the episode "Chaos" and many of the Infernac Universe characters are made of the same crystals that Chaos was. The toy guys are doing more lore just to design a character we'll never see again than anybody else!

grillmaster

Paramount
As silly as sunbow g1 is, I still think it has merit. A Plague of Insecticons is burned into my mind, something about the scenery, the idea of mass producing robot insects that didn't seem entirely loyal to Megatron at their debut, there's a lot of cool ideas packed into G1 and I hope as Kirkbride is a huge Sunbow fan, he builds on those in their comics in an interesting way. Overly self-referential=it'll probably suck, but like the Legacy team rn is building on the episode "Chaos" and many of the Infernac Universe characters are made of the same crystals that Chaos was. The toy guys are doing more lore just to design a character we'll never see again than anybody else!
I do think it has enduring qualities, for all its many flaws. It is very special to me, as goofy as it is. g1 prime is the icon i chose for a reason
too self referential would be shit yeah, but part of what im getting at is i really didnt like much of what i saw of the netflix show for example because it has the appearances of the characters mostly down, but it feels empty
yes, its a red and blue robot in the shape of optimus prime yeah, but he doesnt feel like him, if that makes sense
if you're gonna be a parasitic leech off of g1 nostalgia, do it like devastation at least, but going and expanding on its concepts would be great as well

grillmaster

Paramount
while i have qualms with overusing nostalgia, i dont think its inherently bad, but i despise empty or superficial nostalgia pandering, it feels like jingling keys in front of a baby "YOU LIKE THIS THINK DO YOU NOT"
like i saw that the clip from the flash movie with christopher reeve superman made in CGI and it almost made me mad i swear

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
no absolutely and TF itself has tons of moments where it works. The skybound comics rn are a good example of mixing old with new for good results. But there's a lot of soulless stuff too

grillmaster

Paramount
no absolutely and TF itself has tons of moments where it works. The skybound comics rn are a good example of mixing old with new for good results. But there's a lot of soulless stuff too
i think thats unfortunate, i always find it so baffling when fans of series seem to be able to think of better ideas using the series' concepts than the people who own it

grillmaster

Paramount
Having been looking more through marvel g1 i think ive come to a hilarious realization:
the actual bio strengths and feats are insignificant compared to the shit actually in the comics and even the toon, like the same goofy shit with when marvel tried to make official stats for all its heroes and they were super low, only for them to be like lifting planets and shit in the actual comics lmao
i think that was all around the same time as well

grillmaster

Paramount
Megatron and Shockwave in Transformers Devastation both have Akuma's teleport move from street fighter

I managed to find it in this video of all things
here is megatron's black hole attack in Devastation (i assume thats what its meant to be, thus referencing his toy and character bio, but i dont know for sure if it qualifies as a black hole, its hard to see cause its in space

i know its a funny song edit video but i legit couldnt find any other footage of it, at least not as quickly as i would have liked, so i settled for this cause the video has both

Thought about this, on top of the Akuma style teleport Megatron has in Devastation, you could add his ability to use his black hole link to seemingly teleport, somewhat
He manages to do this in TF vs GI Joe (ive had so many series spoiled for me over the years:wow
He also uses the black hole connection to possess Reverse Convoy, who also happens to possess one, which calls into question; can Megatron then theoretically use his black hole to travel through OTHER black holes?

grillmaster

Paramount
This has me curious what other ways has Megatron weaponized black holes that we've missed
I know one version of bayverse megatron has weaponized dark matter which is super funny because i still have no clue what the fuck dark matter is and i doubt the writers did either :kobeha
at least antimatter is simple enough to understand not even SCIENTISTS know what dark matter is

grillmaster

Paramount
Another weapon to collapse black holes apparently, by generating gravity waves
after this inevitably fails because Unicron Singularity, Vector reminds everyone once again that only by finding the FOAH CYBER PLANET KEYS can they stop the singularity

i hope this wasnt mentioned before and i just got mixed up or didnt notice

Back