• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Transformers feats/discussion

grillmaster

Paramount
in the G1 comics as well Blaster tries to shoot the Decepticon ship Club Con with his Electro-scrambler (disrupts electronics, obviously) and the shield is immune
When the Decepticons attacked the Autobots during a showdown for leadership between Blaster and Grimlock on Earth's moon, their starcruiser was protected by a force shield that made it invulnerable to Blaster's electro-scrambler. However, Grimlock's energo-sword was able to cut through it, allowing Blaster to disrupt the ship, forcing the Decepticons to retreat.
The Transformers #41

grillmaster

Paramount
WTF

in Cyberverse, the shields of the ark are strong enough to withstand a supernova

When the Arks shields were inactive the Autobots were knocked out by a massive electromagnetic storm, no physical damage was done to them or the ship but they were rendered inactive.
This is also notable because obviously a supernova, on top of the massive cosmic explosion, brings with it a colossal amount of high energy electromagnetic radiation, including gamma rays, all of which the shield deflects
Though i will note for the record its possible the ships shields were amped by the AllSpark, but neither Arcee nor Grimlock were able of tapping into the AllSparks power to reactivate the ship (Cheetor was the only one who could do that and he was also offline)
But amped or not, that still means with sufficient power cybertronian shielding can block the EM waves and destructive power of a supernova
Its a crazy feat regardless
This is notable in tandem with the aformentioned Marvel Comics issue as it shows that Cybertronian shielding is apparently totally immune to electromagnetic effects (across two series nearly forty years apart, no less), provided its powerful enough I suppose

grillmaster

Paramount
When the Arks shields were inactive the Autobots were knocked out by a massive electromagnetic storm, no physical damage was done to them or the ship but they were rendered inactive.
This is also notable because obviously a supernova, on top of the massive cosmic explosion, brings with it a colossal amount of high energy electromagnetic radiation, including gamma rays, all of which the shield deflects
Though i will note for the record its possible the ships shields were amped by the AllSpark, but neither Arcee nor Grimlock were able of tapping into the AllSparks power to reactivate the ship (Cheetor was the only one who could do that and he was also offline)
But amped or not, that still means with sufficient power cybertronian shielding can block the EM waves and destructive power of a supernova
Its a crazy feat regardless
This is notable in tandem with the aformentioned Marvel Comics issue as it shows that Cybertronian shielding is apparently totally immune to electromagnetic effects (across two series nearly forty years apart, no less), provided its powerful enough I suppose
considering how close they seemed to be to the supernova ALL of these effects would have been INSANE
im pretty sure close enough to a supernova even neutrinos can do actual, physical damage, most neutrinos lose their power over time because they come from tens to hundreds of thousands of light years away, to the point theyre nearly undetectable and harmless to us

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
this seems like a classic author lowball TBH
he himself gave Phase Sixers higher feats than this. Overlord survived the Lost Light's missiles used for clearing out asteroids so that they don't damage the Lost Light itself. The LL is over 20 miles long. Overlord basically already survived a nuke.

Thirteen prime

Preeminent
this seems like a classic author lowball TBH
he himself gave Phase Sixers higher feats than this. Overlord survived the Lost Light's missiles used for clearing out asteroids so that they don't damage the Lost Light itself. The LL is over 20 miles long. Overlord basically already survived a nuke.
The amendment is 15 miles long and ten miles wide.

grillmaster

Paramount
something I forgot that's funny in hindsight is by Transformer standards, Overlord is extremely young. He was only alive for around 200,000 years before the war started
this is always funny as hell i think i mentioned once, kups flashback to being a young lad in Chaos in Season 3 was set... 100,000 years ago.

kup, the bot whos suppose to be older than dirt, seen it all

he wasnt even alive to see the ark leave cybertron :mjgrin

grillmaster

Paramount
assuming thats not an error anyway, thats what tfwiki said, i dont know if that was in the episode, probably in the script if not

grillmaster

Paramount
this little purple gun
G1Dragstrip_toy.jpg

grillmaster

Paramount
As introduced in Super-God Masterforce, Chōkon Power is described as manifesting in three forms, which together make up the planet Earth:

• Tenchōkon (天超魂, "Heaven Super Soul") — the power of the heavens. The Decepticon Pretender Blood classifies it as "the ultimate energy of the growing universe".
  • Chichōkon (地超魂, "Earth Super Soul") — the power of the Earth. Blood characterizes it as "the ultimate energy that grants existence to the life on the surface of the Earth".
  • Jinchōkon (人超魂, "Human Super Soul") — the power of humanity. Blood describes it as "the ultimate energy that gives humans the strength to keep on living".
These three different aspects—"Heaven," "Earth," and "Man"—are the three fundamental principles of existence according to various Eastern philosophies. Later retcons by the Legends manga would connect these rather abstract ideas to other unearthly energies found in Japanese Transformers lore, which earlier stories had established to be hidden within the Earth since ancient times. Tenchōkon was the Zodiac, the energy that birthed the universe in the Big Bang, while Chichōkon was Angolmois Energy, the divine lifeforce of the Earth itself (though, see "Notes" below).

Breaking out of the ancient philosophical confines of the idea, additional retcons would also establish at least three other forms of Chōkon Power:

• Machōkon (魔超魂, "Devil Super Soul"), a corrupt form utilized by Devil Z itself.
  • Jūchōkon (獣超魂, "Beast Super Soul"), the power of beasts.
  • Shinchōkon (神超魂, "God Super Soul"), a form native to the Legends World that can make thoughts into reality and resurrect the dead.

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
the japan lore deep cuts will really catch you off guard, they love tying really miniscule details together even if I don't always like how they do it. iirc some of their writers contributed to AVP as well which is cool

Back