• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

TYPE-Moon/Nasuverse Feats/General Thread

CrossTheHorizon

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Oh yeah, it kinda caught me off guard but Musashi directly references her swimsuit event during her big scene. So another thing to add on to Solomon if anyone tries to say the events aren't "canon" :giogio

Oh yeah, it kinda caught me off guard but Musashi directly references her swimsuit event during her big scene. So another thing to add on to Solomon if anyone tries to say the events aren't "canon" :giogio

It's insane you have people on the Grand Order Reddit saying Events aren't canon when they have been consistently referred to a number of times in various Event scenarios or callbacks to character development.

Type-Rey

Acclaimed
... imma not gonna adress the massive reach in the Zeus vs Sefar thing and just say that another kinda glossed over feat for Sefar is the fact that she managed to sunk Atalantis which is supposed to be a continent in PHH whilst fighting the Gods, so the way it's explained, it was probably just an effect of her duking it out with ze Gods, it's not like she purposefully targeted it .

Good shit all in all.

I can agree with her not selectively targeting Atlantis as we know she can selectively pick and choose to ignore targets and otherwise to focus on others(i.e. Sparing Gilgamesh's father and potentially the rest of the Mesopotamian Pantheon on a whim) so I doubt she chose specifically to sink Atlantis when Extella more goes with her taking out the most primary targets above everyone else at certain levels(The Twelve Pillars or the Greek Gods in their True Bodies).

Type-Rey

Acclaimed
That shit was always weird as Sefar was very much described as a weapon, not really having sentience aside from being programed to destroy. You can see that she looses her shit even at lower stages.

Her deciding out of the blue to spare people when she was programmed them to destroy all things on Earth is weird, tho i guess i can just handwave it away as something Velber did in order to either have someone help Sefar if shit got rough or idk...it maybe was interested in Mesopotamia for some reason.

True, but I usually ignore it doesn't seem to make sense because that's what Nasu or Gilgamesh stated so he could have done that to have some impetus of a reason to not murder Altera on the spot but the story goes with that as one of the reasons so...

It's actually fucking HAPPENING! How the fuck we finally get Official English Subtitles of Mahoyo before Fate/Stay Night or Tsukihime?!

EDIT: And yes, it's confirmed through here too:

And now the Studio itself is now Tweeting it in English... this truly has become a Lostbelt somewhere hasn't it?

Last edited:

Here's some pretender lore.

———オベロンは新たなエクストラクラス『プリテンダー』として実装されましたが、プリテンダー該当するサ ーヴァントの条件とは何でしょうか?
奈須:端的に言うと『何かを偽ったまま英雄になった者』です。自分の正体を仮面で活躍した怪傑ゾロのような 英雄は、プリテンダーには該当しません。たとえば、志なかばで倒れたAの死を隠してかれの代わりに文を描き 、コメントを残し、最後までAとして振る舞うことですべての名声がAに集まった。その一方で、中身であるB には一切スポットが当てられず、あくまでも英雄になったのはガワであるAだけ。それが”役を羽織った英雄” であるプリテンダーというクラスなんです。

Oberon was added with the new class "Pretender" so what are the prerequisites for being one?

Nasu: Simply put, someone who became a hero while feigning being something else. A hero like Zorro who acts while under disguise of a mask does not qualify as a Pretender. For example, let's say a certain A has died with their ambitions unfilled, and in his place a certain B continues their writings, leaves their comments and fulfills the role of A into the end, ultimately leaving all the fame with A. Meanwhile, B who was the interior of this persona cannot find any spots to occupy and ultimately the only one who becomes a hero is A, the exterior. This is what the Pretender class, one who wears a role, entails.

Okay, so I see this is how he went with Iskandar's Shadow being a Pretender but damn, that's actually a hell of alot more complicated than I thought it was.
I can absolutely see some stand in's of famous figures being able to fit Pretender though but that's a really niche one though.

So while talking about the music that plays during the Avalon segment of LB6, Nasu just drops this:

「星の内海」とは、ようは”惑星の見ている夢”なので。
Because in short, the inner Sea of the Planet is a dream that the planet is having.

Someone needs to take away Nasu's gaming privileges because this reeks of FFX lol.

Type-Rey

Acclaimed
Man..they're not tired of milking the HGW with a twist thing ?
I like Fragments and all but the new novel sounds like the meh-iest thing that i've seen in a while.

Man..they're not tired of milking the HGW with a twist thing ?
I like Fragments and all but the new novel sounds like the meh-iest thing that i've seen in a while.

I guess they gotta try and go with the bread and butter for some of these authors. Kinda hard to justify having people summon Servants otherwise... but I think it would be pretty cool for a dude and a Servant to just kick it off and have some random adventures without needing to go through a HGW despite yeah, it wouldn't make sense.

Of course, we could just have a plain HGW Battle Royale with no bullshit interfering at long last.

And Localization and Aniplex Panel at Sakuracon.

Type-Rey

Acclaimed
Haven't seen anything official regarding Narita yet.
Nigga can hardly juggle the shit he has on his table, now he's also writing a LB ? Which after 6 would be larger than your typical VN ?
Doubt it, but stranger things have happened.

Either way, people are saying it's either him or Meteo, so, regardless, 7 can be a hit or a huge miss.

CrossTheHorizon

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
I don't think I ever got past the priest vs vampire fight in F/SF, but what was peoples problem with Narita again? Most of the shit he was doing seemed pretty cool :blobwhat

Type-Rey

Acclaimed
Aside from his usual bloated casts, glacial pacing , overusing of references and continuity nods, having a couple of pet characters that he wanks and his writing reading like word barf (granted, that's what it reads like in english from fan translations) , nothing at all.

He's great.

Type-Rey

Acclaimed
We haven't actually talked that much about Chaos ze ship.

Think about this powerscalling for a moment , It literally one shotted the only dude who managed to pose a threat to Sefar in the PHH with a casual blast .
Quirinus who's at the pinnacle of the his pantheon , peer of Zeus had to use all of his Authority to just create a path to it.

Oh and there's also that little statement that Goetia wouldn't be able to kill it with AAS .

Simply absurd.

:mjlol

We haven't actually talked that much about Chaos ze ship.

Think about this powerscalling for a moment , It literally one shotted the only dude who managed to pose a threat to Sefar in the PHH with a casual blast .
Quirinus who's at the pinnacle of the his pantheon , peer of Zeus had to use all of his Authority to just create a path to it.

Oh and there's also that little statement that Goetia wouldn't be able to kill it with AAS .

Simply absurd.

:mjlol

...You are right about that, it is weird we never mention a single thing about the Flagship Chaos despite how absolutely bullshit it is.
Like it's been 2 goddamned years and I think we most we ever talked about him is that... he exists despite basically controlling Zeus somehow while he's in a different Universe altogether.
:hestonpls

I mean , it kinda uses a star as its core. Imagine how massive it's full circumference would be if a fucking Star is just it's core.

Not surprised.

It IS a Dyson Sphere, so it has to be absolutely fucking massive if that's the case for one to work in that capacity with a Star as it's core.
Just really puts it into perspective how bullshit it truly is if it's able to literally suck up the entire Earth piece by piece and Spiritron by Spiritron at that too for "fuel"

CrossTheHorizon

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Considering what we know about Amaterasu, something that uses a Star for a fuel source would have to be absurd even on just a conceptual level.

Also I like that they casually mention Chaos was built by a race that died out in their universe, since it opens up some interesting possibilities if FGO ever does start going to other universes (besides the Servant universe of course :maybe )

Back