What anime have you watched today?

- Evangelion: 1.0 You Are (Not) Alone

Liking sound design and musical score more so far

Some of the parts being cut short to fit the movie format does make them feel a lot less dramatic, but given how long they hold on some shots in the original anime, I think i'm okay with this compromise.
Also liking Misato's character more in this. She goes about convincing Shinji to pilot the EVA in a more impactful way, imo. Also her not knowing about Adam.. I mean ... Lilith from the beginning was kinda pointless, so that's a reasonable change.

Assuming they're still going to do the part where he quits NERV later on, it's definitely a good call that didn't have him do it once already. It was lame that they reused that in the original. Made it too obvious the 2nd time how things were going to go.
So far, so good. There's still plenty of time for them to do the "While Shinji's tripping balls, remember these character moments from earlier? Yeah, fuck that, we're not doing anymore." move. They better not....

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
Isekai One-Turn Kill Neesan - episode 10
Kaminaki Sekai - episodes 9 & 10
Kawaisugi Crisis - episode 10
Kimetsu no Yaiba: Katanakaji no Sato-hen - episodes 9 & 10
Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Bakuen wo! - episodes 10 & 11
Mobile Suit Gundam: The Witch from Mercury 2 - episode 20
Vinland Saga 2 - episodes 22 & 23
Isekai One-Turn Kill Neesan - episodes 11 & 12
Kawaisugi Crisis - episode 11
Kimetsu no Yaiba: Katanakaij no Sato-hen - episode 11
Vinland Saga 2 - episode 24 (completed)

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
Kawaisugi Crisis - episode 12/completed
Kaminaki Sekai - episodes 11 & 12/completed
Kimetsu no Yaiba: Katanakaji no Sato-hen - episode 11/completed

Megaton-kyuu Musashi - episode 1
Ruroni Kenshin ~Meiji Kankaku Romatan~ - episode 1

jane

queen of the losers.
V.I.P. Member
Pronouns
She/Her
Definitely seems like the kind of show you appreciate more after having watched it once.
without a doubt lol
agreed about the second half from what i remember but i think my favorite episode is still the first

MusubiKazesaru

Illustrious
Super Moderator
I'm been watching a shit ton of Detective Conan lately and have been attempting to catch up. I'm at episode 454/1095(as of this week) at the moment and the series just switched to widescreen. It's a good series, but with so many episodes the charm can wear out in ways it didn't in the early episodes.

Back