90s Era Big 3 VS 2000s Era Big 3

Yoshi

Distinguished
V.I.P. Member
Essentially Dragon Ball Z, Yu Yu Hakusho, and Slam Dunk VS One Piece, Naruto, and Bleach.

I am of the opinion that even though Naruto and Bleach fall off after Part I and Soul Society and even Pain and Aizen, both are actually better than 2010 Shonen in general, but they still don’t have the consistent quality of Dragon Ball and Yu Yu Hakusho, even if those two don’t have the same highs as early Naruto and early Bleach.

Slam Dunk and One Piece are the two best Manga of the six. I would have to hand this to Slam Dunk however, since while One Piece definitely doesn’t fall off as hard as Naruto and Bleach do, it has suffered from serious story arc fatigue in Part II, which actually has more filler than Part I Arcs do.

90s Big 3 >>> 2000s Big 3

Slam Dunk > One Piece > Dragon Ball > Yu Yu Hakusho > Naruto > Bleach

ZenithXAbyss

Illustrious
I am of the opinion that even though Naruto and Bleach fall off after Part I and Soul Society and even Pain and Aizen, both are actually better than 2010 Shonen in general,
It's a bit sad knowing we won't actually get another BIG 3 in the same context as the ones mentioned here.

even if those two don’t have the same highs as early Naruto and early Bleach.
ehhh, I'd argue Younger Toguro vs Yusuke and Goku vs Frieza/vs Perfect Cell were much higher than anything in Naruto, Bleach, or One Piece.

Slam Dunk > One Piece > Dragon Ball > Yu Yu Hakusho > Naruto > Bleach
Agree.
maybe YYH>DBZ on a good day.

Doronbo_Shirake

Pochiton!
Now that you mention that, I'm the only one who saw the Kaido vs Luffy as a reference to Sensui vs Yusuke?
1-Kaido has several personalities like SENSUI.
2-Someone appeared during the battle with the order to kill the protagonist.
3-The protagonist got a power-up after "dying".

Back