• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Adventure Time feats, lore and respect discussion

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Adventure Time is a cartoon fantasy series created by Pendleton Ward. It stars Jake the Dog and Finn the Human in their adventures in the Land of Ooo and beyond. The show ran for 10 series, and has many spin off comics & games, as well books, board games and other merchandise.
WFy7FwI.jpg

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
In the center of the Multiverse is the Time Room, which radiates time waves and itself exists outside time. Different dimensions contain different universes. Travel between dimensions is possible via either naturally forming wormholes or magical portals created through great power. Should the Enchiridion gain all the gems, it can open a portal to any dimension of the Multiverse. When a portal is opened, time is synchronized so safe travel can be done through dimensions with different timeflows. We also see a repeated zoom in on Jake, which could further relate to recursive universes.

Booko: [speaking very rapidly] Hello, my name is Booko! What you see here is a map of the multiverse! It shows all the known dimensions and the links between each of them. This is the dimension that contains the universe in which we currently reside.
Jake: Enhance![The hologram's view closes up on the location on the planet where the guys are from the outer reaches of the dimension, but the view begins to rapidly repeat closing in on their location multiple times, freaking Jake out]
Jake: Whoa... Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm...MAKE IT STOP![The projector ceases the close up]
Booko: [Clears throat; again, spoken very rapidly] Anyways, At the center of the multiverse is a dimension called the Time Room, believed to be the quasi-corporeal dwelling place of the almighty Prismo. The Time Room is the single dimension that exists outside of time. The Time Room produces time waves that are experienced by other dimensions. Some dimensions have permanent links that allow travel to and from. Others become linked temporarily by naturally forming Worm Holes. And others can become linked artificially by magical portals, torn open by items of great power. Once the last gem is inserted into the Enchiridion it will have the power to create a portal to any dimension in the multiverse. An activated portal creates a time dilation in which either end of the portal experiences a temporal synchronization allowing for the safe passage of particles [Deep breath] through a non-local region of space-time.
Adventure Time has recursive universes inside every atom, with the glasses of Nerdicron letting you see through the eyes of a version of yourself in the infinitely smaller universe inside the atom.

The Enchiridion opens a portal to all other dimensions.

Before time there was nothing, and before nothing there was monsters (you can also see Orgalog here).

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Flame Princess crushes a mountain of ice.
k5BRM6.gif

The Ice Crown freezes the Earth for 400 years.
1K0H9h2.png
http://adventuretime.wikia.com/wiki/Finn_the_Human_(episode)/Transcript
Farmworld Marceline: And the horrible crown, grieving its lost master, loosed a spasm of magic so wild and crazy the entire earth was buried in ice for four hundred boring years.
Wizard Rock calls down meteors from space, which Finn dodges and Abracadaniel survives
1rRNKP.gif

The Ice King and the Flame Princess clash, creating a massive storm and flying across the Land of Ooo.
6RnRlN.gif

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
The Multiverse is infinite and eternal. If it where to end, it would simply sprout back into existence again. So long as life exists, the Multiverse will exist, as life is there to observe the Multiverse.
eBaBSSO.png
The Multiverse is infinite and sentient, and creates itself.
WoEGVSZ.png
Imagination is the manifestation of the visible from the invisible, and it's from here that wizards draw their power.
What is the Origin of Wizardry? Pour yourself a cold glass of lemonade, sit in a comfy chair, kick your shoes off, lean back, close your eyes, and think. If reality is Mental in nature, analogous to a Cosmic Mind, and if Wizardry is a function of the Imagination, then the Forces of Nature in the Multiverse are akin to the Currents of the Cosmic Imagination. Thus, the Origin of Wizardry is at the Core of Creation, and Wizards can create or destroy as they wish, tapping into the Power of the Cosmic Imagination.

The Imagination is the Manifestation of the Visible from the Invisible. It is the Engine of the Unconscious, and it is there that all desires, all dreams, all plans, and all achievements are born. Wizardry is the ability to control and focus the Imagination in specific ways that will unleash Hidden Powers. However, these so-called Hidden Powers need not be Magical at all.
If there was no longer any life to observe Multiverse, the Multiverse would disappear.
The interesting thing is that if You and I, the Book and
the Reader, cease to exist, then the Multiverse will disappear,
because there will be no one left to observe it.

With no Observer, it doesn’t exist.
The lifeforce of the Multiverse cannot be destroyed, and it will eventually return and the Multiverse would blosom again.
I have a Question. If I decide to go forward, and not back . . . and end it all . . . you said everything here disappears?

As far as we know.

You gesture to your relative and childhood dog.

Them, too?

Yes. Them, too.

As if they’ve never been?

Yes. As I said, it’s just that there would be no one there to observe them. That’s why everything would disappear and there would be nothing. We all came from Nothing, anyway. The point is, if you’ve had enough this time around and want to try something new, we can jump into the Unknown. And don’t worry, the life force of the Multiverse can’t be destroyed. Eventually, it will quietly re-emerge and slowly sprout the Multiverse again, manifested in some new, unknown way. I don’t know that for certain, but it feels like a good guess. Well?
The Time Room links to all parallel universes in the Multiverse.
Thus, I am known to Wizards as the Book That Is Not a Book. For I am also a Magical Device, which, when properly used, opens a Portal from your Universe to the Central Time Room and, thereby, to all Parallel Universes within the Multiverse.
Different dimensions have different laws, but portals allow for travel between these worlds.
With this new Elasticity of Reality came the interpenetration of otherwise separate vibratory fields, also known as Alternate Worlds or Parallel Dimensions. Previously, Parallel Dimensions had distinct thresholds within which the Laws of each Dimension operated. But after the Unleashing of Magic, these thresholds became more elastic, porous, and pliable. “Holes” could now be opened between Dimensions using a specific vibratory “key” that rearranges the particles separating them. These holes are called Portals, and the keys, employed in tandem, are called Incantations and Crystal Gems.
All of the above is from Adventure Time - The Enchiridion & Marcy's Super Secret Scrapbook!!! (which I'll be honest; I haven't read in full; I just skimmed a PDF for feats).

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Several Adventure Time calcs by Tacocat (reposted by @Papa Nier ).

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Flame Princess feeling extreme emotions (such as love) is too much for her elemental matrix, and Finn kissing her causes her to sink through the planets crusts and risk melting the entire planet from the inside out.
Princess Bubblegum: What are you..? This isn't about some [crumbles the paper] petty love triangle! Flame Princess is physically unstable! [Explains] Her elemental matrix can't handle extreme romance! Glob, if Finn tries to kiss her, she'll burn so hot, she'll melt right through the planet's crust, down through the molten core, then she'll be thrown back and forth by gravity until she burns out the world from the inside! Why do you think I had her father keep her locked up?!

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Firstly to note, I'm pretty sure the comics (or at least most of the comics) aren't canon, at least to the main Adventure Time universe, but I still think this is worth bringing up. From issue #53 of the Adventure Time comics. Death rules over 27 death worlds, some (like the 27th Death World) are infinite in size. The Lord of the Nightosphere then appears and offers for the dead adventurer to become a demon of the Nightosphere instead.
j8tA7yV.jpg

mNzVgGK.jpg

eoAJi0P.jpg

Back