Alley Agony Thread #I: From the Dumpster to the Dumps

@Disquiet Back at TNG... Pickard is an absolute asshole of a dude and I love it.

Babylon 5 is on an indefinite break cause it got a bit too elvish for this space pest...

Also I almost got kicked out of a bug chat on discord cause I posted bug girls as a joke and now they think I'm a furry... I feel your struggle for the first time but I ain't worthy of it :catsob

Disquiet

deeply unsettling
@Disquiet Back at TNG... Pickard is an absolute asshole of a dude and I love it.

Babylon 5 is on an indefinite break cause it got a bit too elvish for this space pest...

Also I almost got kicked out of a bug chat on discord cause I posted bug girls as a joke and now they think I'm a furry... I feel your struggle for the first time but I ain't worthy of it :catsob
Picard is a solid asshole, but the peak fantastic asshole captain is Sisko in DS9. Highly recommended.

Babylon 5 does dip increasingly into fantasy elements (there's even a holy grail episode at some point and it's the worst episode until season 5) and the Minbari are very elvish, in just about every sense that implies. If that bothers you now, it might only bother you more later. How far did you get?

And you posted bug girls "as a joke", huh? Cute ones? :faputa

Picard is a solid asshole, but the peak fantastic asshole captain is Sisko in DS9. Highly recommended.

Babylon 5 does dip increasingly into fantasy elements (there's even a holy grail episode at some point and it's the worst episode until season 5) and the Minbari are very elvish, in just about every sense that implies. If that bothers you now, it might only bother you more later. How far did you get?

And you posted bug girls "as a joke", huh? Cute ones? :faputa
Oh believe me I am anticipating DS9 with great interest. I hear nothing but praise for it aside from the minor complaint of alleged "inspiration" by B5's general multi-species cultural hub station concept.

I can tolerate some fantasy in my barren and sterile sci-fi but when it goes into the dnd direction instead of its own weird fiction spin then I might get irritated. I'm still at season 2, the cocoon popped 🦋 That's all I'm saying and all I remember cause I've been kind of occupied with other life issues the past month... 💀

Eh... Thing is people like me who value fictional bugs as much as the real deal are looked down upon by most more serious entomologists or aspiring ones. It's a weird thing but hey. Then again I've argued with friends over preferring too "unrealistic" buggy monsters while also being called out for liking illogical designs too :skully One friend especially loves to be scientifically sound so much he hates like 80% of the fictional beasties I like due to them "not working" in real life...

Oh yeah the bug girls...

bjV7Hsa.jpg

dbRlLhr.jpg

2sYbARY.jpg

kskEDVW.jpg

fwcdx7x.jpg

o9i1on6.jpg

eGVCoWA.png

hRnOmPC.jpg

inw86Ub.png

J3L49eb.png

🪲

Disquiet

deeply unsettling
Oh believe me I am anticipating DS9 with great interest. I hear nothing but praise for it aside from the minor complaint of alleged "inspiration" by B5's general multi-species cultural hub station concept.

I can tolerate some fantasy in my barren and sterile sci-fi but when it goes into the dnd direction instead of its own weird fiction spin then I might get irritated. I'm still at season 2, the cocoon popped 🦋 That's all I'm saying and all I remember cause I've been kind of occupied with other life issues the past month... 💀

Eh... Thing is people like me who value fictional bugs as much as the real deal are looked down upon by most more serious entomologists or aspiring ones. It's a weird thing but hey. Then again I've argued with friends over preferring too "unrealistic" buggy monsters while also being called out for liking illogical designs too :skully One friend especially loves to be scientifically sound so much he hates like 80% of the fictional beasties I like due to them "not working" in real life...

Oh yeah the bug girls...

bjV7Hsa.jpg

dbRlLhr.jpg

2sYbARY.jpg

kskEDVW.jpg

fwcdx7x.jpg

o9i1on6.jpg

eGVCoWA.png

hRnOmPC.jpg

inw86Ub.png

J3L49eb.png

🪲
B5 and DS9 were pretty much developed concurrently, and given the amount of time behind-the-scenes development takes to get things from concept to ground, there's very little chance there was any actual copying going on. There's been animosity between fans of both over this ever since, but it really was almost certainly a coincidence. Both series play out very differently from that starting premise, regardless, and I'm more than glad we have both.

Sounds like you're early in season 2, then. All of the best stuff is ahead. I definitely recommend getting back to it when you're up to it, if you can stomach just a little more elvishness.
eLc5vOP.png

And those are some super heckin' cute bug girls.

B5 and DS9 were pretty much developed concurrently, and given the amount of time behind-the-scenes development takes to get things from concept to ground, there's very little chance there was any actual copying going on. There's been animosity between fans of both over this ever since, but it really was almost certainly a coincidence. Both series play out very differently from that starting premise, regardless, and I'm more than glad we have both.

Sounds like you're early in season 2, then. All of the best stuff is ahead. I definitely recommend getting back to it when you're up to it, if you can stomach just a little more elvishness.
eLc5vOP.png

And those are some super heckin' cute bug girls.
Yeah coincidences like that happen all the time in entertainment, looking back it seems fishy but people forget just how much time it used to take for a project to be done back in the day. For example the whole Zerg copied the Tyranids debacle when the Tyranids pre-SC looked nothing like the Zerg but suddenly after 00s started getting more and more like they are now...

Not to mention...

3RVJRZH.jpg

GiToYIF.jpg

jbsOaPJ.jpg

mT2539L.jpg

:skully

Contrary to what I said about the elvish stuff I loved that techno wizards ep! Was so out there man!

The only good bug is a loved bug! 🪲

now i understand why it's hip to fuck bees
@Some Schlub

Back