• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Announcement And as it begins, so too does it end.

When I joined the OBD in 2007, I came as an observer, two years later I found myself exiled by mods with cancerous personalities, no integrity and even less of a soul or really any sense of self awareness. I wasn't exactly liked at first but when you enter a new community, you're the outsider and its your duty to earn the respect and acceptance of that community.

If you're lucky, you find yourself a part of that community and make within it friends.

As I came, so to do I leave, 13 years to the day that I started posting regularly I find myself once again compelled to leave a place I call home. But I don't leave it in bad spirits, this is your place, you made it live, you claimed it and no one will ever be able to take that from you. You proved that our hobby is as it always has been, bigger than any one debater, any one site, any one medium of purveyance and any one personality. The places my change, the fictions we discuss may evolve, but the faces may as well, but the culture is forever.

@The Hunter You are a good man, you were among the coolest bastards when I first came here, you're among the coolest as I'm leaving. No one knows Star Wars better than you, not even Mike Wong and Curtis Sacton and they helped codify and quantify its many vessels. I mean that, truly and it sucks we're probably the only ones left that actually understand the gravity of that. But its not empty praise.

@MusubiKazesaru No one defended me to those corrupt shitbags and mentally ill caricatures of human beings in the staff on NF harder than you. No one kept the peace better than you, no one fostered new blood better than you except UD. You are a friend and a gentlemen and a fellow Tolkien scholar.

@Masterblack06 You are the future of this section, nuff said.

@Darth Nihilus What can I say? Brother, comrade, bad ass, philosopher, entrepreneur class act, impeccable taste, poet, shitposters...Straight up G. You deserve it all.

@NostalgiaFan No greater scorn, no better banter, no fiercer ally and venomous foe.

@Xhominid The Fool You are the destroyer of Spergbattles. And I have been waiting twenty plus fucking years to say that about someone :mjlol

@Blade Yeah, nothing needs be said, you made me laugh until I had fucking asthma attacks, you're the best there is, was or ever will be

@Nevermind You are the next Governor of New York, you will reclaim glory for men in the west. Fuck you, you glorious boss :tupac No but seriously, I value your insight and friendship.

@Es_ Comrade, brother, ally and if they really knew the extent of what you are, the accolades would exceed the rage and skepticism.

@OtherGalaxy You are a class act...Catch ya on the flip side.

@ChaosTheory123 I'll miss our debates brother and our discussions on psychology. You're the only calc cultist that isn't an absolute heretic :maybe

@Crimson Dragoon See ya on discord, where we mock shitty rpers and bad fanfics.

@Atem I'll see you around brother, it has been a good friendship and a great decade.

To everyone else, you are all the best this place has to offer, its deliverance and the culture's future.

Fuck death battles, Fuck VSB, fuck Spergbattles, SV go home..and above all else.

Claim, assert, dominate.

Peace!

Last edited:

Es_

Straight Silver
When I joined the OBD in 2007, I came as an observer, two years later I found myself exiled by mods with cancerous personalities, no integrity and even less of a soul or really any sense of self awareness. I wasn't exactly liked at first but when you enter a new community, you're the outsider and its your duty to earn the respect and acceptance of that community.

If you're lucky, you find yourself a part of that community and make within it friends.

As I came, so to do I leave, 13 years to the day that I started posting regularly I find myself once again compelled to leave a place I call home. But I don't leave it in bad spirits, this is your place, you made it live, you claimed it and no one will ever be able to take that from you. You proved that our hobby is as it always has been, bigger than any one debater, any one site, any one medium of purveyance and any one personality. The places my change, the fictions we discuss may evolve, but the faces may as well, but the culture is forever.

@The Hunter You are a good man, you were among the coolest bastards when I first came here, you're among the coolest as I'm leaving. No one knows Star Wars better than you, not even Mike Wong and Curtis Sacton and they helped codify and quantify its many vessels. I mean that, truly and it sucks we're probably the only ones left that actually understand the gravity of that. But its not empty praise.

@MusubiKazesaru No one defended me to those corrupt shitbags and mentally ill caricatures of human beings in the staff on NF harder than you. No one kept the peace better than you, no one fostered new blood better than you except UD. You are a friend and a gentlemen and a fellow Tolkien scholar.

@Masterblack06 You are the future of this section, nuff said.

@Darth Nihilus What can I say? Brother, comrade, bad ass, philosopher, entrepreneur class act, impeccable taste, poet, shitposters...Straight up G. You deserve it all.

@NostalgiaFan No greater scorn, no better banter, no fiercer ally and venomous foe.

@Xhominid The Fool You are the destroyer of Spergbattles. And I have been waiting twenty plus fucking years to say that about someone :mjlol

@Blade Yeah, nothing needs be said, you made me laugh until I had fucking asthma attacks, you're the best there is, was or ever will be

@Nevermind You are the next Governor of New York, you will reclaim glory for men in the west. Fuck you, you glorious boss :tupac No but seriously, I value your insight and friendship.

@Es_ Comrade, brother, ally and if they really knew the extent of what you are, the accolades would exceed the rage and skepticism.

@OtherGalaxy You are a class act...Catch ya on the flip side.

@ChaosTheory123 I'll miss our debates brother and our discussions on psychology. You're the only calc cultist that isn't an absolute heretic :maybe

@Crimson Dragoon See ya on discord, where we mock shitty rpers and bad fanfics.

To everyone else, you are all the best this place has to offer, its deliverance and the culture's future.

Fuck death battles, Fuck VSB, fuck Spergbattles, SV go home..and above all else.

Claim, assert, dominate.

Peace!

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
Having been just a lurker for years before I finally picked up my balls and made an account, I never really got to interact with you until recently. That said, I can tell from what I've seen that you're a class act, and will be missed.

Be safe out there mate. And remember, we'll all be here for you as well if you ever decide to retroactively pull a Blade and come back. :mjlol

Having been just a lurker for years before I finally picked up my balls and made an account, I never really got to interact with you until recently. That said, I can tell from what I've seen that you're a class act, and will be missed.

Be safe out there mate. And remember, we'll all be here for you as well if you ever decide to retroactively pull a Blade and come back. :mjlol

Thank you, have fun in all the battles to come my man!

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Farewell man, sad to see you go but it was fun. Enjoy the rest of your life like a chad!

m9s38sovsla81.jpg

Nevermind

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Funny enough I said to myself the other day that if I was a celebrity billionaire, I'd run, because our current one is a total disaster.

And yes, YOU'LL BE BACK!

Guess I'll have to get on the discord more often now though. Hard for me to pay attention to so many things.

shade0180

Just a shadow
V.I.P. Member
Well, we'll be still seeing you in discord so there's that. Not sure what with you being demoted, but I haven't really been active in this site to get any real nuances of what happened.

:kannasip Have a good rest on your vacation from this site.

NostalgiaFan

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
All things come to an end and so it would make sense the less you posted around the OBD the more likely you would finally retire from the forum especially after a certain once thought German but now confirmed Swiss committed forum suicide and forced us to migrate to a new forum.

You were always one of the OBDers that felt the most relatable in how you said what you wanted without giving a fuck what others thought and never caved into shitty standards and rules in vs debating or just debating in general. Your knowledge of almost all things Tolkien and classic Marvel and DC were invaluable to the OBD but your general knowledge in real life is what made you both extremely useful to listen to and hang out with as well as funny as hell when you would use your classic type of humor to make learning about them way more entertaining than it would otherwise be. I personally always thought of you as the example of what other OBDers should strive to be, and I too know the feel of trying to fit in and doing poorly at first but eventually being accepted due to working on improving myself and fixing my mistakes. I know you will still be on the Discord and you may even pop in every now and there in case some huge fuck ups come along to the point it catches even your attention but for how it is now I say this is goodbye for now and I wish you the best man.

"Here at last, on the shores of the sea... comes the end of our Fellowship. I will not say do not weep, for not all tears are an evil."

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
Ultra Perm Banned Instinct V-2
i was gonna say, when i made another of those threads, since i was absent for weeks [yo, my dupes would have gone to the next level if that had happened]

but i saw that iwd did it and said, ''well done bureido, its time for more obd'er to start doing this type of prank'' :mjlol

jokes aside

i hope you do well and take care, it's been good, many laughs, later, lad

we still bruhs :NOd

Back