TV Series Netflix Series Arcane: League of Legends

El Hermano

Acclaimed
Premiered last week. Based on the widely popular MOBA game League of Legends.

The first 3 episodes released last week, an additional 3 will be released later today and the final 3 next week. So far, based on the first 3 episodes I think it's honestly incredible. Then again, I may be biased because I've been playing LoL on and off for a decade and it's closer to my heart than I'd like to admit.

El Hermano

Acclaimed
The show is good shit.
Yep. Playing this game for almost a decade and being familiar with its characters and lore, I'm super excited to see what they have in store for the rest of the universe. There's so much they can do.

This is all still very surreal to me.

Leng

Illustrious
Really enjoying it. I'm not bothered by the background lore (since I don't know it) so I hope they go with what works narratively. Definitely feels like they put a lot of effort into this work.

Also I don't care if the immortal furry is ultimately right in his warnings or not, he's overseen atrocities and he's a dickhead.

Knew Silco was gonna bite it.

It's nice that he did actually care about Jinx though. Which makes Jinx killing him even more traumatic for her.
He’s not a playable character so it was reasonable to assume he wasn’t making it through

Vander being Warwick is kinda confirmed I think. We see him hanging in the ceiling of Singed’s lab

shame he couldn’t appear in Season 1, but I guess Vi and Jinx have enough family drama already with Silco.

Jayce handled it like a boss. Silco slipped heavy. He loved Jinx and couldn’t give her up, despite everything being ideal for him to complete his dream.

its like the exact reverse situation that a hero in another show would face, but this time its a villain experiencing it.

El Hermano

Acclaimed
That finale broke my heart. You kinda start feeling for Silco towards the end, because he did love Jinx, which makes one feel even worse for Jinx once you realize how much trauma she's had to endure. Gonna hit different when you play her in League. At least she went out using her ult T_T

Also, it looks like they set up a potential Noxus story as next in line, after Piltover vs Zaun is done. And some who play League are already speculating who the guy who killed Mel's brother might be, which might be hilarious for those not familiar with the game:
ACa27rt.png

Not sure if that would be him, though.

Some stuff I'm excited about(spoilers from game):
I'm so excited for what's to come next. Viktor achieving his robotic form:
Viktor_0.jpg

Viktor creating Blitzcrank:
Blitzcrank_0.jpg

Singed completing his transformation:

Singed_0.jpg

And a ton of other shit, new champions joining.

Back