• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Bankotsu ( Inuyasha) vs Koga ( Inuyasha)

Type-Rey

Acclaimed
I'm bored so..

These niggas seem to be kind of evenly matched overall so i'm curious to see who'd come up on top.

Scenario 1 : Bankotsu (with three Shards) vs Koga ( three shards )

Scenario 2 : Bankotsu (seven Shards) vs Koga ( two shards + Goraishi)

Standard OBD rules .

Who wins ?

Scenario 1 is really interesting as Koga does have his speed but Bankotsu generally has the range advantage and they should both be tied in strength due to the Jewel Shard enhancements...

I would probably give it to Bankotsu with high difficulty but a good chance for Koga to make an upset so 6/10 favor

Scenario 2 is a little more interesting(Especially if we go by the Anime lol) where Bankotsu's weapon starts basically becoming mini-Soul Edge when he gets everyone else's shards but Koga's Goraishi is pretty fucking dumb(Even if we never see him use it after it's intro).
So I would switch it up and say Koga would win it with less difficulty or around 7-8/10.

Type-Rey

Acclaimed
No anime feats.

Bankotsu leveled an island in the anime and while that's laughable compared to where the verse is sitting at right now, for that point in the series , it was quite ridiculous and Koga doesn't have any anime amps , so it's also unfair.

If it's no anime, then I guess I will give it to Koga then...

Jesus, I fully forgot Bankotsu basically leveled a whole ass island or an equivalent...
Though it's not like Koga is that strong either even with the Jewel Shards in the Manga, so it's probably still fair till Goriashi comes in.

RavenSupreme

Illustrious
Correct.

Not really. With only three shards, he took exactly one , damaged Banryu and fucked off cause he didn't want another one.

And why does Koga wins after Goraishi against a Bankotsu with all the shards ?
Yes. But it was without any of the shards in Banryuu, which is important. He can clash evenly with Tessaiga and Banryu without shards can at least take one Windscar - that is much more than what no-Goraishi Kouga can do. After he got the middle-upgrade to 5 shards in Banryu the KnK was neutralized.

Kouga with Goraishi is an absolute beast powerwise, he just got powercrept by the hax everyone got later on. He can deflect Kongousouha spears in a direct frontal clash and he even managed to break Moryoumarus Meijou with Goraishi. The base Meijou already considered the KnK a "feeble breeze". And Kougas Goraishi managed to break it in parts when it was already upgraded through Kinka and Ginkas blood. Mind you even the unupgraded version got previously only pierced by Sesshoumaru once at the cost of Tokijin.

Type-Rey

Acclaimed
Yes. But it was without any of the shards in Banryuu, which is important.
It's important in regards to what ?

Again, the first scenario is Bankotsu with three shards in his body and none in Banryu .
He can clash evenly with Tessaiga and Banryu without shards can at least take one Windscar - that is much more than what no-Goraishi Kouga can do
Koga with three shards dominated Inuyasha to the point where he disarmed him immediately, broke his hand with one strike and knocked him out with another.

If we're using Inuyasha as a measuring stick, Koga did better against him.

Sure, Bankotsu took one KnK but Koga didn't even give Inuyasha the opportunity to use it.

After he got the middle-upgrade to 5 shards in Banryu the KnK was neutralized.
Cool, that's not the version we're talking about in either scenario.

Kouga with Goraishi is an absolute beast powerwise, he just got powercrept by the hax everyone got later on. He can deflect Kongousouha spears in a direct frontal clash and he even managed to break Moryoumarus Meijou with Goraishi.
IIrc, that happened cause he managed to shoot it from the inside and he had help from Inuyasha.

The base Meijou already considered the KnK a "feeble breeze". And Kougas Goraishi managed to break it in parts when it was already upgraded through Kinka and Ginkas blood. Mind you even the unupgraded version got previously only pierced by Sesshoumaru once at the cost of Tokijin.
Sure, but Bankotsu's flames with all the shards were also > KnK seeing as it managed to push it back

Koga with three shards dominated Inuyasha to the point where he disarmed him immediately, broke his hand with one strike and knocked him out with another.

Sure, Bankotsu took one KnK but Koga didn't even give Inuyasha the opportunity to use it.

That is a very good point I did think of but I forgot how dominant Koga was with just 3 Shards against Inuyasha at that point...
I may have to basically recant the Round 1 fight to make it be Koga with difficulty over Bankotsu with 3 Shards considering Inuyasha oneshot the latter in the Manga when he only had 3 right?

Type-Rey

Acclaimed
That is a very good point I did think of but I forgot how dominant Koga was with just 3 Shards against Inuyasha at that point...
I may have to basically recant the Round 1 fight to make it be Koga with difficulty over Bankotsu with 3 Shards considering Inuyasha oneshot the latter in the Manga when he only had 3 right?
Inuyasha never one shoted Bankotsu.

He shot one KnK which damaged Banryu badly so Bankotsu decided to fuck off.

RavenSupreme

Illustrious
It's important in regards to what ?

Again, the first scenario is Bankotsu with three shards in his body and none in Banryu .

Cool, that's not the version we're talking about in either scenario.

IIrc, that happened cause he managed to shoot it from the inside and he had help from Inuyasha.

Sure, but Bankotsu's flames with all the shards were also > KnK seeing as it managed to push it back
That was an i Tasha without wind scar upgrade from what I remember. It can’t be compared to the version who can freely shoot wind scars Willy nilly. It can’t be compared to the version bankotsu fought

Kouga at that point with goraishi took on moryoumaru solo while inuyasha was still standing on the side lines tryouts by to figure out how his new dragon acale technique works.

Type-Rey

Acclaimed
I thought that happened in the Manga? Fuck, I really need to stop reading shit from other sources...
Nope.

I re checked and Bankotsu didn't even take the brunt of KnK in that instance. Genkotsu made Inuyasha misfire .

That was an i Tasha without wind scar upgrade from what I remember. It can’t be compared to the version who can freely shoot wind scars Willy nilly. It can’t be compared to the version bankotsu fought
It really doesn't matter since again, Inuyasha was immediately disarmed .

If you don't have the sword in hand, it doesn't matter if you can spam or not.

And like i mentioned above, Bankotsu wouldn't have survived the KnK either if not for Genkotsu.

Kouga at that point with goraishi took on moryoumaru solo while inuyasha was still standing on the side lines tryouts by to figure out how his new dragon acale technique works.
This i don't remember so i'll take your word for it.

RavenSupreme

Illustrious
Nope.

I re checked and Bankotsu didn't even take the brunt of KnK in that instance. Genkotsu made Inuyasha misfire .

It really doesn't matter since again, Inuyasha was immediately disarmed .

If you don't have the sword in hand, it doesn't matter if you can spam or not.

And like i mentioned above, Bankotsu wouldn't have survived the KnK either if not for Genkotsu.

This i don't remember so i'll take your word for it.
It matters a lot. Kouga from what I remember never took a single wind scar and if I recall correctly he even retreated from the weakest version of it once sensing its coming, when it was still required that inuyasha needed an enemies energy youki for it to work.

Bankotsu fought a version of InuYasha whose youki power up was enough to solo start the Windscar at random. The power up is massive.

I would need to reread the kouga inuyasha fights tho, my memory isn’t fresh on that.

As for the moryoumaru thing, it happened in the chapters 435 and 435. Moryoumaru shows up with the freshly upgraded Meijou, kouga beamstruggle a kongousou blast away (435) then attacks meijou to no effect 436) and attacks it again harder and manages to pulverise a small part of it which regenarates - then him and inuyasha tag team him and make him flee. But the two previous feats he did alone which was nice

Type-Rey

Acclaimed
It matters a lot.
It actually doesn;t for the reasons i mentioned above and the reasons i will mention below .

Kouga from what I remember never took a single wind scar and if I recall correctly
And how does this help your argument ?

Never took one =/ took one and couldn't deal with it.

I recall correctly he even retreated from the weakest version of it once sensing its coming, when it was still required that inuyasha needed an enemies energy youki for it to work.
He did retreat , yes cause he felt something bad coming. He didn't even know what it was. He explained that the reason he tends to run from shit is because he trusts his instincts but that doesn't apply to cases when he's pissed/blood lusted.
Also, the KnK never increased in strength . It just allowed Inuyasha to spam it. Nothing more, nothing less. The KnK max output always stayed consistent during the series.

And again, if the opponent can disarm you , it's irrelevant , even if there was a power up cause the implied power up doesn't make it harder for someone to kick it out of your hand.
Bankotsu fought a version of InuYasha whose youki power up was enough to solo start the Windscar at random. The power up is massive.
No power up tho.

As for the moryoumaru thing, it happened in the chapters 435 and 435. Moryoumaru shows up with the freshly upgraded Meijou, kouga beamstruggle a kongousou blast away (435) then attacks meijou to no effect 436) and attacks it again harder and manages to pulverise a small part of it which regenarates - then him and inuyasha tag team him and make him flee. But the two previous feats he did alone which was nice
I'll look it over.

Type-Rey

Acclaimed
Yeah, I don't remember Inuyasha getting powerups just from drawing from his Youkai Energy at all. The only times that ever does happen is when he gets the Jewel Shards or maybe uses the Dragon Scale Tessaiga and that's it.
But there' s no difference.

The old KnK Inuyasha had to look for the fissure between his youki and the enemy's to fire the KnK. The present one , he doesn't need to look for that shit.

That's the only difference, it's not like he changed the power source or the ammount of it.

But there' s no difference.

The old KnK Inuyasha had to look for the fissure between his youki and the enemy's to fire the KnK. The present one , he doesn't need to look for that shit.

That's the only difference, it's not like he changed the power source or the ammount of it.

I meant more getting power from his Youki which I have never seen outside of using Jewel Shards as an enhancement, is what I mean.
For KnK, no, there is explicitly never stated to be any difference in it's power just the ease of use when he made it his genuinely.
Like it's genuinely no different than how Sesshoumaru used it.

Back