VS Battle BBC Merlin vs Palpatine

Archduke Of Awesome

Merlin from his BBC series, at his full power has been one of Arthur's advisors for a few years. So has Palpatine. Palpatine has his light saber, Merlin has Excalibur. Palpatine just killed (Well, sliced and diced) Morgana, replacing Merlin's arch nemesis with another one, Palpatine. So at the last battle of the series Merlin comes face to face with an enemy he has never dueled before.

Here are Merlin's magic powers.
Immeasurable Magical Powers
Telekinesis
Telepathy
Time control (Limited to localizing a time stop spell for ten seconds maximum)
Magical perception
Elementary control
Pyrokinesis
Electrokinesis
Aerokinesis
Atmokinesis
Can animate inanimate objects
Life and death magic
Magical shield
High magical resistance
Dragonlord's powers
Expert swordsman
High intelligence and wisdom

Palpatine's powers include all Dark Side abilities that have ever been used. For now let's say it's Sidious'es power level as of Revenge of the Sith. If this is a massacre for Merlin then Palpatine is as powerful as he was at Rise of Skywalker.

Last edited:

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
I decided to make this thread for Merlin vs Revenge of the Sith Sidious at first. Then I thought, well in case Merlin is only going to stomp him without effort then he's from the Rise of Skywalker film.
So you are using Disney canon/continuity then. When it comes to Star Wars matches, I would recommend in the future specifying in your OP or title if its Lucas or Disney as the power levels and abilities are quite contrasting between them, just as a heads up.

I have no idea what Merlin's actual feats are.

Archduke Of Awesome

So you are using Disney canon/continuity then. When it comes to Star Wars matches, I would recommend in the future specifying in your OP or title if its Lucas or Disney as the power levels and abilities are quite contrasting between them, just as a heads up.

I have no idea what Merlin's actual feats are.
First, what you need to know about Merlin is that his raw force potential is capable of eradicating entire mountains. He's never seen doing anything close to that, but this fact is from several statements made about him. He is also capable of weaponizing a thunderstorm by telekinetically forcing the clouds to form/move. He has very high magic resistance, so he will likely not be one shot by Force Lightning, and he can't die by getting hit with instant death spells. He can still suffer damage to his body with weapons, and be cut up (though this is never seen), and can feel pain, so he can still lose a battle like this, but he can't die. His lightning spells gradually killed hundreds/thousands of soldiers at the series finale.
He is capable of using telekinesis by staring/looking at his enemies.

Merlin’s speed isn’t that high, reacting to arrows and crossbow bolts would put him at subsonic. Don’t remember anyone reacting to lightning spells.

Might be able to get something out of this for his dc.

Creating a thunderstorm with those storm clouds and calling down lightning.

Archduke Of Awesome

Merlin’s speed isn’t that high, reacting to arrows and crossbow bolts would out him at subsonic. Don’t remember anyone reacting to lightning spells.

Might be able to get something out of this for his dc.

Creating a thunderstorm with those storm clouds and calling down lightning.

Right. He isn't necessarily that quick, but he doesn't need hand gestures for his telekinesis. All indications are all he needs to do is blink. Also, even Palpatine might not be able to effect him beyond a little injury with his Force Lightning.

Archduke Of Awesome

It doesn't work that way. Even Disney canon Palpatine can casually mind-control thousands of Senators and keep the Shroud of Dark Side up that disabled the entire Jedi Order's entire precognitive and long range clairvoyance abilities for a decade across the galaxy.

The reason it might be different in this case is because the way magic works in Merlin, it's just basically The Force with a different name, called The Old Religion.
Here, from the Merlin wiki, "Merlin was shown to possess considerable magical resilience. He was able to survive a number of attacks meant to kill him, both magical and otherwise. Examples include withstanding the effects of Nimueh's magically accelerated poison long enough for Arthur to return with an antidote; the force of his own killing spell when it was reflected back at him by the Mage Stone; and the touch of a Dorocha, though he was still badly injured and likely would've died if the Vilia hadn't healed him (The Poisoned Chalice, To Kill the King, The Darkest Hour)."

There are different forms of magic that Merlin resists. Every time a spell or charm was cast at him, he was either unaffected or effected to a far lesser degree.

sir_fire

Distinguished
How fast is Merlin? Fast enough to avoid getting torn to pieces by Sidious being on him in a blink of an eye? Cause as much as certain "people" like to claim otherwise, *cough*Echkartsladder*cough* *ahem*spergbattles*ahem* Force users, even weaksauce disney ones are fast enough to react to and defend against blaster fire and incoming proton torpedos, which are far from slow despite claims and what is semingly shown on the films.

Archduke Of Awesome

How fast is Merlin? Fast enough to avoid getting torn to pieces by Sidious being on him in a blink of an eye? Cause as much as certain "people" like to claim otherwise, *cough*Echkartsladder*cough* *ahem*spergbattles*ahem* Force users, even weaksauce disney ones are fast enough to react to blaster fire and incoming proton torpedos, which are far from slow despite claims.

He is fast enough to devastate armies like this just by pointing his stick. Also, some of his lightning conjuration seen here has him not even bothering to point at his targets.

Archduke Of Awesome

That doesn't look fast at all.

Plus I meant things like how quick is he to react to incoming attacks or how fast he moves.
No, it's not that fast but I mean if you look closely, it's evident he doesn't even have to point with it. It's done with sheer will power. Also, I'm not sure how fast he is. It's one of his few weaknesses.

sir_fire

Distinguished
No, it's not that fast but I mean if you look closely, it's evident he doesn't even have to point with it. It's done with sheer will power. Also, I'm not sure how fast he is. It's one of his few weaknesses.
Yeah, so lightning strikes aren't gonna be touching Palpatine. Cause as far as I'm aware, Force Lightning is about as fast as actual lightning as even in-universe it was described as little more than electricity generated by force powers. And the likes of Yoda, Obi-Wan, and Mace Windu, all peers of Palpatine are more than capable of reacting to and defending against it.

Archduke Of Awesome

Yeah, so lightning strikes aren't gonna be touching Palpatine. Cause as far as I'm aware, Force Lightning is about as fast as actual lightning as even in-universe it was described as little more than electricity generated by force powers. And the likes of Yoda, Obi-Wan, and Mace Windu, all peers of Palpatine are more than capable of reacting to and defending against it.

This is an interesting point. However, Merlin might actually hit Palpatine with it since he doesn't need to expend any effort to actually fire it. That might actually work for a single strike.

sir_fire

Distinguished
This is an interesting point. However, Merlin might actually hit Palpatine with it since he doesn't need to expend any effort to actually fire it. That might actually work for a single strike.
But can merlin call down lightning while trying to avoid getting his organs crushed by a force push? All this as Palpatine dashes and jumps about so quickly that he leaves bullets in the dust.

BTW you're lucky you're using Disney Canon Palpatine, cause EU Palpatine is far, far, far, far stronger.

Archduke Of Awesome

But can merlin call down lightning while trying to avoid getting his organs crushed by a force push? All this as Palpatine dashes and jumps about so quickly that he leaves bullets in the dust.

BTW you're lucky you're using Disney Canon Palpatine, cause EU Palpatine is far, far, far, far stronger.

Yeah I realize EU Palpatine would just cream him.
However, I don't think Palpatine could do all that to Merlin because of his magic resistance. He could try to saber him though.

sir_fire

Distinguished
Yeah I realize EU Palpatine would just cream him.
However, I don't think Palpatine could do all that to Merlin because of his magic resistance. He could try to saber him though.
And there's the main question. Is Merlin fast enough or has enough magical artillery on his side to prevent Palpatine from closing the gap and cutting him into ribbons?

Back