queen of the losers.
V.I.P. Member
Pronouns
She/Her
berserk is very good and i'm still genuinely sad about miura

Leng

Illustrious
It is sad, he wasn't that old.

I think Bersek is still worth reading even without an ending. It was definitely a story about the journey and my favourite part is still the Golden Age.

jane

queen of the losers.
V.I.P. Member
Pronouns
She/Her
the way he portrayed emotion and character interactions in golden age was incredible imo. probably my favorite arc too but after rereading it a couple times i've grown to really like the part of the story where schierke and magic are introduced too.

some of the dark fantasy elements might be more subdued but i think the shift in tone fits with the events of the story, with griffith's rebirth and whatnot and guts gaining traveling companions after being reclusive for so long.

Yoshi

Distinguished
V.I.P. Member
This might be an original opinion, but now I like the Story Arcs after the Black Swordsman Arc and the Golden Age Arc more, in general.

The Black Swordsman Arc just set the story up for what it is today, and the Golden Age Arc is more of a political, low fantasy Story Arc as opposed to a monster slaying, high fantasy Story Arc like the rest of the Manga is, and is also overrated.

EagleGSU

Illustrious
I love berserk. I read it pretty late probably in 2014. And I binge read it over a weekend. And haven't read it since. I really need to go back and give it another proper reread it'd probably be like reading it for the first time again I've forgotten so much.

Back