Digimon 02

or

Beyblade zero g

Ral

[SUBTRACTED]
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him
Yugioh GX was pretty cheese, especially as it progressed in episodes and plot.

Stopped watching Beyblade after some time too and I always enjoyed Digimon regardless of the generation.

Hats off to Digimon 02 on this one :aizen

Ral

[SUBTRACTED]
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him
How'd you know these shows were "next generation" versions of an original without it being in the title?
Did you watch them or something?
Wow....
If they don't include O.G. characters then they are next gen like whatever comes after gen Z :maybe

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
GX and it isn't even remotely close. While I wouldn't say it's as good as DM (or 5D's) overall. It has the best main character by far, is the best of the Yu-Gi-Oh series when it comes to how it treats its overall cast, still has several of the best duels in the series and one of the best single seasons (season 3) in the franchise along wiith Waking the Dragons and the Dark Signer arc.

02 is a mess of plot holes, good plot ideas that get introduced and then either mishandled or ignored, grievous continuity errors, a cast of inept heroes that often do more harm than good (especially in the later half of the season) and easily the worst cast of villains in the series. Ken and BlackWarGreymon had to carry this shit hard to get you through the whole thing or to make it worth remembering.

I must admit I never watched passed G-Revolution with regards to Beyblade so I don't know on that front.

Back