Better Call Saul

jane

queen of the losers.
V.I.P. Member
Pronouns
She/Her
i haven't yet but i need to, i've heard nothing but great things about it. breaking bad was good though the little i've seen and read about from bcs makes me a lot more interested. very very curious.

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
Watching BB I always loved it but in the back of my mind I kept wondering "how the fuck is this random small town lawyer this good?"

and this show basically answered that and then some

and then some

and then some more

last season is just something else though, huge step up and the first 5 were already fantastic

jane

queen of the losers.
V.I.P. Member
Pronouns
She/Her
multiple people i know have been pounding me over the head telling me to watch it lol, i need to bite the bullet already. maybe this weekend if i have time.

i've seen some complaints that bcs is too slow/takes too long to ramp up but but honestly i'm looking forward to that in comparison to bb's constant and immediate mayhem, assuming there's any merit to those takes

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
I like slow burners so for me that isn't an issue (Twin Peaks The Return is my favorite show ever), but I think overall it helps the show anyways. There is a real sense of escalation especially in the later seasons, in various different ways.

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
It's still amazing that several Breaking Bad episodes where actually directed by Rian Johnson of all people but still turned out excellent.* Really shows that certain directors need to be kept in place by the rest of the creative to work best (similar to Steffan Moffat on Dr Who, or George Lucas with the Prequels).

*The Fly though was uuuuuuuuhh...why? It had some nice moments but it was essentially an episode of filler in a series where every episode adds something vital to the story.

Reactions: Ral

Ral

[SUBTRACTED]
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him
I seriously need to play catch-up with this series.

It's still amazing that several Breaking Bad episodes where actually directed by Rian Johnson of all people but still turned out excellent.* Really shows that certain directors need to be kept in place by the rest of the creative to work best (similar to Steffan Moffat on Dr Who, or George Lucas with the Prequels).

*The Fly though was uuuuuuuuhh...why? It had some nice moments but it was essentially an episode of filler in a series where every episode adds something vital to the story.
Yeah the fly shit was dumb af lol showed how crazy Waltah got after seeing and doing the shit he had done up until that point of pure insanity :oldryoma

RDK

Marvelous
Anyone else watching this? Just passed halfway through the final season and it's easily one of the best things I've ever seen. Genuinely feel it's surpassed Breaking Bad and by a good margin at that. Masterpiece
It's a good show and maybe marginally better than BB but to say it's better by a good margin is just recency bias I think

Reactions: Ral
Back