• Katen Kyokotsu

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Minazuki

Votes: 3 60.0%

• Total voters

Adamant soul

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
The new Captain Commander vs the First Kenpachi of the Gotei 13.

Round 1) Base vs Base
Round 2) Shikai vs Shikai
Round 3) Bankai vs Bankai

Who wins?

Adamant soul

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
I would give it to Unohana, high difficulty in all 3 rounds.
I could see her taking the base round sure.

Being forced to play by Katen's rules in the Shikai round could make winning that very difficult. I could see her working it out like Stark did and Minazuki healing her will keep her in the fight for longer but especially games like the illusion one and the shadow one would be a bitch for her to defend against.

All the worse because she's a CQC fighter which is where Katen Kyokotsu really thrives (kind of the reason Shunsui usually gets put against ranged fighters with keep away styles). I could see this becoming a massive war of attrition with Shunsui trying to wear her down until she has no more energy to heal herself with and then finishing her off, while she's just trying to kill him before that happens.

Not saying she CAN'T win that round, just I see Shunsui taking it more often than not.

His Bankai is also a bitch for her to deal with since it'll constantly be dealing her damage she'll be trying to heal and then the last act will take the head off whoever runs out of reiatsu first which will more than likely be her due to the constant healing she'll be doing. The plus side is that he no longer has the games that make him more capable of defending himself against her at close range and she could possibly just decapitate him, but he's also going to know that and be more hesitant to engage her at close range.

I just think Shunsui has the overall advantage in the Zanpaktou match-up (ie when Shikai or Bankai are in play) while she is physically superior. So yes she would win round 1, I give Shunsui rounds 2 and 3 albeit with a significant chance of her still winning.

Maybe but the issue with Shunsui's Bankai is that it is stated it also equally affects him and Unohana can potentially outlast him on certain parts if he isn't able to truly take advantage of it well versus Unohana's Bankai which is simple but extremely effective.

In a Shikai battle, I would say Shunsui has the biggest advantage there but it's not by an overwhelming amount either due to him can screw her over with multiple games at once but since outside of Iro oni is an instant kill, she can outheal the damage too.

Flower

Future Society
V.I.P. Member
Tbh I think Unohana is just more experienced than Shunsui. He was wary of her for a reason.

Back