• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Game Ranked Castlevania animated series Mafia - Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ratchet

This is his redacted position after I pointed out the flaw in his argument though, why are you assuming he intended for this to begin with?
I think what he said was very clear, and it doesn't really make sense for you to come to that conclusion from it. I dunno what youre referring to by "his redacted position"

Ratchet

Like @Ultra his initial post is "I dont think Ratchet as Mafia would make a lot of town teads early and not have any scum reads", you're arguing that is TMI for some reason and it just doesn't make sense. Where is the TMI?

Ultra

THE BEAR
I think what he said was very clear, and it doesn't really make sense for you to come to that conclusion from it. I dunno what youre referring to by "his redacted position"

It's invalidated by it's premise, his point was he's town reading you because what you are doing is shooting yourself in the foot, which requires assuming you aren't advancing your position in any meaningful way

It's a shit read and he obviously didn't think it through, probably because he's shotgunning nonsense in an attempt to deflect the suspicion on him

Ratchet

@hime What do you think my plan is here exactly. Feels a bit beneath you imo to default to "this is the easy way" and I don't really feel like you believe in the argument you're making. So I want to pick your brains a bit with it.

Luka

Polarized Noob
It's invalidated by it's premise, his point was he's town reading you because what you are doing is shooting yourself in the foot, which requires assuming you aren't advancing your position in any meaningful way

It's a shit read and he obviously didn't think it through, probably because he's shotgunning nonsense in an attempt to deflect the suspicion on him
Even if a scum is in their Ratchet is shooting themselves in the foot though lol, my read doesn't change from that.

Luka

Polarized Noob
1) Nope
2) He made...4 town reads? What is he locking himself out of here?
5 town reads on page 5, and this read shakes if he doesn't advance said positions. If he's going to make similar reads at, frankly; a lack of content, that is shooting himself in the foot for later. In addition to that, it's so blatantly accusable of TMI I don't think he does it as a wolf.

Ratchet

No it wasn't lol, you're inventing his position into something entirely different. There is nothing inherently bad about having lots of town reads to no scum reads early in the game. I do actually agree with you that the read isn't very good, but I don't think it's impossible to have come from a townie that is getting suspicion on all sides to inherently read his sole "defender" positively.

Now let me pick your brains for a bit. While I'm underwhelmed by hime's point of view, given she was in a position burned by me defending Luka not too long ago I can reconcile her being twitchy about my defence here. You, however, have no excuse. I don't really believe you think I come in defending Luka as scum here and then he town reads me return for reasons I can't even try to defend. There is no end goal here. So what are your thoughts on this, exactly?

Luka

Polarized Noob
. I do actually agree with you that the read isn't very good, but I don't think it's impossible to have come from a townie that is getting suspicion on all sides to inherently read his sole "defender" positively.
For the record, I do 100% have some bias towards you but I don't think my read stems from pure bias due to you defending me. I believe I would make this read no matter what, and you white knighting me(even if you aren't doing exactly that) has lowered my confidence even a little.

Ratchet

Now let me pick your brains for a bit. While I'm underwhelmed by hime's point of view, given she was in a position burned by me defending Luka not too long ago I can reconcile her being twitchy about my defence here. You, however, have no excuse. I don't really believe you think I come in defending Luka as scum here and then he town reads me return for reasons I can't even try to defend. There is no end goal here. So what are your thoughts on this, exactly?
If I may preempt your response, no you dont need to be reading me town from my posts around Luka who you scum read. But I think you know well that the likelihood of me as scum coming in to defend a scum mate getting demolished day 1 is less likely than it is for me as town to be misguided. So my question really is, why do you know show any deeper consideration here, and why are you content to latch onto my defence as a means to throw shade on my posts instead of attempting to get me to see the light?

Ratchet

Why not?

Is your premise here that you can't win if you clear and have to eventually face down the mighty TITANS Polar, Orca, and OLU?

:nicked
By clearing them, I would be avoiding facing them. I'd be taking away the easier mislynches to make myself push the more difficult ones. So my premise is that your position, once again, lacks much thought put into it.

Ratchet

And while of course no read is set in stone, it's much more awkward to have to navigate a progression on slots that I think are fairly polarised from town to scum the later it gets into the game. I would still probably town read a handful, but you're clearly not really solving anything here.

Ratchet

Not sure what it means for hime yet. Ultra has looked to undermine town reads a few times already (Luka's on me, mine of Craig) so I would presume that they wouldn't be aligned with him.

Ultra

THE BEAR
If I may preempt your response, no you dont need to be reading me town from my posts around Luka who you scum read. But I think you know well that the likelihood of me as scum coming in to defend a scum mate getting demolished day 1 is less likely than it is for me as town to be misguided. So my question really is, why do you know show any deeper consideration here, and why are you content to latch onto my defence as a means to throw shade on my posts instead of attempting to get me to see the light?

If my "deeper consideration" here is that you're just wrong, not sure what you're expecting me to do that I'm not already doing - I've no obligation to try and convince you of anything in the stage of the game that's mostly evaluative.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back