Game Ranked Castlevania animated series Mafia - Game Thread

Polar Bear

G.O.A.T
Why is a scum player looking to solve the game

That's a great question, I mean he could just lean back and not solve at all and skate by forever

....wait, that's not how that works? Huh.

As for his claim, yohoho always claims VT at random and it's been shown to be NAI for him so idk why I would read Orcas random VT claim any way at all.
Why ignore everything else. That is such a classic scum tactic to deflect like that

Also at random is not from the start

Also yoho is equal to Orca now lol

Ratchet

Resplendent
Advisor
who is deflecting from who?

who did I drop my suspicion on?
I'll preface this by saying my interest in you following my posts has dropped to zero ever since you posited that I would, as town, wilfully tank my kynch choice so I could prove myself right on something unrelated to this game. I have no doubt you probably believe that, but to me it's so uncharitable that I suspect it doesn't really matter what I say - you've made up your mind that I'm either scum or trolling. So you're probably not going to have enough of an open mind to parse what I'm saying.

With that out of the way, I will explain, but it should be noted that I'm not arguing that this is what is happening, in that post, I'm testing out various scenarios within my PoE to see if the scum angle makes sense.

1 - Who is deflecting from who?

This scenario was me testing if Ultra and Xadlin could make sense as a pair. In this, I posited that the scum angle would be Ultra sees me switch over to Xadlin, and chainsaw defends Xadlin by spinning the act of me moving my vote from Tweet to Xadlin as scummy.

I think this scenario has some plausibility. Ultra reconciled my vote movement as "you saw that Tweet was being used to prove your alignment, so you backed away". This is a pretty low level thought process. If I'd gotten myself caught into Tweet vs myself, I'd be more inclined to secure the mislynch first and reason back out of it (I would have 9 other voters with me after all), than I would be to not take the mislynch I set up and look no better for it. The poor argument could be explained by it being necessary for Ultra to make it.

2 - Who did I drop my suspicion of?

Xadlin. Well to be clear, I was asking if you were dropping said suspicion of Xadlin. I didn't really think you believed that he and I are automatically paired. I mean, I'd have moved from a mislynch to a scum mate really clumsily. You can probably make some arguments for why it can make sense, but purely taking things at face value, it's not something likely.

Tempest

Leprous Monarch
I'll preface this by saying my interest in you following my posts has dropped to zero ever since you posited that I would, as town, wilfully tank my kynch choice so I could prove myself right on something unrelated to this game. I have no doubt you probably believe that, but to me it's so uncharitable that I suspect it doesn't really matter what I say - you've made up your mind that I'm either scum or trolling. So you're probably not going to have enough of an open mind to parse what I'm saying.
uhm you literally tagged me and asked me a question after that. you don't want me to follow your posts but you stick a mention of me with a question for me right in the middle of a big post? :rock
With that out of the way, I will explain, but it should be noted that I'm not arguing that this is what is happening, in that post, I'm testing out various scenarios within my PoE to see if the scum angle makes sense.

1 - Who is deflecting from who?

This scenario was me testing if Ultra and Xadlin could make sense as a pair. In this, I posited that the scum angle would be Ultra sees me switch over to Xadlin, and chainsaw defends Xadlin by spinning the act of me moving my vote from Tweet to Xadlin as scummy.

I think this scenario has some plausibility. Ultra reconciled my vote movement as "you saw that Tweet was being used to prove your alignment, so you backed away". This is a pretty low level thought process. If I'd gotten myself caught into Tweet vs myself, I'd be more inclined to secure the mislynch first and reason back out of it (I would have 9 other voters with me after all), than I would be to not take the mislynch I set up and look no better for it. The poor argument could be explained by it being necessary for Ultra to make it.

2 - Who did I drop my suspicion of?

Xadlin. Well to be clear, I was asking if you were dropping said suspicion of Xadlin. I didn't really think you believed that he and I are automatically paired. I mean, I'd have moved from a mislynch to a scum mate really clumsily. You can probably make some arguments for why it can make sense, but purely taking things at face value, it's not something likely.
yes I'm aware you were discussing hypotheticals. thanks for clarifying.

Ratchet

Resplendent
Advisor
uhm you literally tagged me and asked me a question after that. you don't want me to follow your posts but you stick a mention of me with a question for me right in the middle of a big post?
I asked you a question, yes. To ascertain whether or not you had dropped your suspicion of Xadlin. You're free to input on the rest, obviously, but it doesn't really change anything for me whether you do or don't. If your involvement ends with answering that question, that's good enough as far as I'm concerned.

Ratchet

Resplendent
Advisor
Of course if what you have to offer can help me get a better read on you, I'll take it, but if it's going to be me having to work uphill because I have to not only get past your current read, but your preconceived biases too, then yeah I'm not too inclined to spend too much time on that. I think it would be a futile effort.

One Last Username

Distinguished
Gonna get a burger to quench my taste for blood since there’s no viable necks around, and then watch some playoff hockey. Be right back my lovelies creatures of the night.

Tempest

Leprous Monarch
Of course if what you have to offer can help me get a better read on you, I'll take it, but if it's going to be me having to work uphill because I have to not only get past your current read, but your preconceived biases too, then yeah I'm not too inclined to spend too much time on that. I think it would be a futile effort.
What biases do you think are at play for me here?

Ratchet

Resplendent
Advisor
What biases do you think are at play for me here?
The assumption that not everything I do within the game is earnest insofar as trying to win said game, for one. I think it's self explanatory to be honest. This is probably the last post I make about this topic, I'm not getting anything useful out of it.

One Last Username

Distinguished
Before I lose my thoughts. Preliminary list.
Orange is town. For obvious reasons,And then veers down to green.

Luka
OLU
The Orca
Emil

ultra

magic
Hans

Jesse

Emil

Average Diabellstar Witch Enjoyer
V.I.P. Member
Since we’re in a lull, anyone has seen Nosferatu?

It’s a bit long but pretty interesting flick.
SPLASH

Ultra

THE BEAR
Advisor
@Lord Melkor @Flower can we get a vote count

Also anyone not think xadlin is scum? think it's just me and ratchet voting him rn

I think he could be a false positive but there's not much in the way to assert that - like I could argue "oh he has 7 posts as opposed to his total of fucking 9" from last time he rolled scum but that's splitting hairs

He can be made to claim, be vigged, copped, whatever. Not a very inspiring direction for D1 though

Back