• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Characters you want to see get absolutely fucking humbled

Proto234

Distinguished
Well I changed my mind on the Boromir pick I had earlier.

Didn't know canonical he killed 20 orcs saving the Hobbits. Redeemed himself a little.

Maybe I just don't like his movie version of him.

But Sarumon for sure needs a punch to the face.
Saruman is played is Christopher Lee that alone makes him charismatic enough to be likeable.

For me though, characters that I wish to get humbled are either MOST comic Superheroes (either Comic or Cartoon version) because I hate their no killing policy or characters that preaching "power of friendship or understandinf" like Natsu or Naruto, because I hate them.
I prefer my protag to be ruthless and pragmatic with good reason like Edelgard from Three houses

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Rei Hoomaru for guilting Satsuki over killing the dictator who sexually assaulted her and wanted to blow the world up.

VIRM for being a boring ass disappointing villain.

NostalgiaFan

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
He did, but I liked the book version of it better.

The book was more deep and went in on how bad he felt, and Aragorn's peace with Boromir etc.
You must have only watched the theatrical cut which removed a lot of the scenes where he is shown more sympathy towards other characters and even without those you see his care for the hobbits with him practicing swords with Merry and Pipen and after Gandalf's death he is shown hugging and crying alongside them begging Aragorn to give them time to mourn.

Back