Childhood favorites?

Remember when you were a little kid, and you had those certain movies you loved? I'm curious to see what those are for some of you.

Dude my all time top 10 movies list is basically one huge nostalgia fest.

That doesn't mean I don't like modern movies but it's hard to detach from the ones that literally shaped your childhood and therefore taste in fiction, art, science and overall lifestyle and worldviews.

jane

queen of the losers.
V.I.P. Member
Pronouns
She/Her
throwback to getting excited because a classmate in 1st grade also really liked jeepers creepers. jesus christ yall

Maddie

Acclaimed
Early Childhood (4-9): Probably Godzilla vs Hedorah, still one of my favorites half ironically and half unironically

Middle Childhood (9-12): Terminator and Aliens, Gojira

Later Childhood (12-18): Gojira, Evil Dead

Disquiet

deeply unsettling
The Fifth Element was my favourite movie for a long time. As a kid, my sci-fi was almost all dry, cerebral Star Trek stuff. Seeing this ludicrous, bombastic cartoon space world completely blew my mind. I still love it.

Maddie

Acclaimed
The Fifth Element was my favourite movie for a long time. As a kid, my sci-fi was almost all dry, cerebral Star Trek stuff. Seeing this ludicrous, bombastic cartoon space world completely blew my mind. I still love it.
Fifth Element was a childhood classic of mines that I liked aesthetically but never truly appreciated until my teenage years

Myralice

Apparently I'm a problem.
Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory. My mom took me to see it when It premiered.
Thanks mom. (I was 12!) You were lucky I had already sneakily watched your copy of The Birds a week or so before that.
I remember some other kids puking and crying when that scene played in the theater.

Back