• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Circus of Humorous & Humiliating Arguments Part 3: Laugh Hard with a Vengence

Status
Not open for further replies.
nigga thats what reacting is the fuck

Starsight... is absolutely stupid:

Extremely susceptible is a bit misleading; he’s not more susceptible to it than anyone in particular. And would Kayneth be able to use it before Tanjiro closes the 30 meters between them and relieves Kayneth of his head? He would undoubtedly be caught off guard by the absurd speed that Tanjiro demonstrates, and while VH is strong I don’t believe it would stop a swordsman of Tanjiro’s caliber (and cutting power) of simply cleaving through it and reaching Kayneth.

Kayneth
Too slow to deal with Tanjirou
Despite Kiritsugu outright stating if Kayneth saw him trying to snipe him with a Sniper Rifle, Kayneth can dodge/block it and we see him being able to block bullets and Claymore Mine explosions.
Using spells to manipulate mercury for automatic protection – although he’s heard about this before, he never thought that the real thing would have such powerful abilities. Even the shockwave of the Claymore mines wouldn’t beat its defense in speed. If that’s the case, then he can’t expect to use firearms to obtain victory.

Although Kiritsugu was very annoyed, he had to admit that this magus indeed possesses first-rate skills. Actually, when his machination at the Hyatt didn’t succeed, he should have known of this already.

In other words, this is an opponent that Kiritsugu must confront as a "magus."

Yeah, Tanjirou is a threat to this man... somehow.

82J

Illustrious
You way too generous. That nigga would get his shit rocked by Dodoria.
Oh I know, I'm just stating it going with the highest amount of reasonable wank I can give to him, he can Maybe get to early Namek, but first form Frieze supernova's the entire Bleachverse.
:mjlol

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member

Kayneth
Despite Kiritsugu outright stating if Kayneth saw him trying to snipe him with a Sniper Rifle, Kayneth can dodge/block it and we see him being able to block bullets and Claymore Mine explosions.

Why'd it surround the bullet instead of just simply blocking it? :hm

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member

Kayneth

>starsight

same nigga that thinks Muzan is beating General Radahn

im good :mjlol

Getsa

Illustrious

Kayneth

Don't they think Tanjiro is faster than MGR characters because he can parry shotgun blasts

Technically true. Wouldn’t really be FTL if you sensed that attack coming your way from billions of miles away for example. Would have quite the window of opportunity there.

It all comes down to when exactly a character take ls action and from how close a distance

The Portal from them to Chaos was 20,000 Meters away but while Chaos is a Dyson Sphere, he wouldn't be Billions of Light Years away so that makes little sense... but again, you have to pretend that none of the Machine Gods aren't MFTL despite traversing the Universe for Centuries if not Millenia(Because Space is fucking massive) and Chaos, their mothership, fired an attack that both Ares and Quirinus can just BARELY react to is somehow not MFTL Reaction scaling and is just FTL because "It only says Faster Than Light"

Why'd it surround the bullet instead of just simply blocking it? :hm

Because that's how Volumen Hydraneum's perfect defense works and that bullet was fired from the Contender which can punch through Military Grade Armor:
Then, the Contender in Kiritsugu’s right hand gave a roar. This is the single-shot bullet that made Kayneth bear his despicable scar the first time it penetrated Volumen Hydrargyrum’s defenses, something with far more destructive power than the 9mm bullets.

However, the degree of defence the mercury mountain of swords put up wasn’t even comparable to that of the membrane.

All the spikes closed up together like a Venus flytrap the instant before the killing move touched the mercury spikes, and surrounded the bullet. The thick cluster thin spikes became a single giant column in the blink of an eye, completely sealing off the .30-06 Springfield bullet.

Volumen Hydrargyrum, made to interchange forms freely, showed what marvels it can do. The immaculate skill that controlled the magecraft of fluidics to such perfection should indeed be the epitome of this unparalleled craft, fully worthy of the prestigious name of the Archibald house.

The moment he beautifully completed this magecraft he devoted all his skills in – Lord El-Melloi’s destiny also came to its end.

In order to avoid the damage of Kiritsugu’s magecraft bullets, one has to discard all magecraft and purely defend the bullet by physical means. On that point, Kiritsugu’s choice of using .30-06 Springfield bullets is a malicious one. There isn’t something that can completely block this specialized hunting rifle round to begin with. This is a type of bullet that excelled in penetration. As long as one isn’t in an armored vehicle, one can’t avoid getting hurt.

Only one shot. That would be enough. Kiritsugu dared to choose a gun that doesn’t suit real combat, the Thompson Contender, as his Mystic Code, due to the fact that it is the handgun that can deal the maximum physical damage possible.

So it wasn't just done because it was cool, it was done to try and fully seal off the bullet's momentum entirely... too bad it was The Origin Round and Kayneth fucked himself.

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
i mean.

We can see meteors in real life. guess them shits be entering the atmosphere slow as fuck huh
:hestonpls
reminds me some guy was trying to argue Jolyne was slower than bullets and claimed the meteors she deflected was slower than bullets despite the source he used saying that only happens when a meteorite loses its burning trail

them bitches Stone Free smacked aside were burning like fuck at 3000c :kobeha

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
reminds me some guy was trying to argue Jolyne was slower than bullets and claimed the meteors she deflected was slower than bullets despite the source he used saying that only happens when a meteorite loses its burning trail

Imagine not knowing what the stand Planet Waves does
:hestonpls

I'm not even sure how you can make that ridiculous claim despite how the Anime showed that shit literally came from fucking space and was still on fucking fire.

Like seriously, we have this concept in REAL FUCKING LIFE!
Humans have the ability to control the force of their attacks, especially so if you are a martial artist.
You can have explosions explode in mid-air for greater damage across the entire area... or hit the ground and do less damage overall but hit less people.
Lasers pack in a huge amount of energy in small wavelengths and can cut through steel easily.

I don't know why people somehow think that fiction is somehow where the line is drawn at.

Getsa

Illustrious
That is the dumbest downplay I have seen of Attack Potency =/= Destructive Capability I have ever seen.
Because by that logic, I guess Dragonball characters can't be stronger than Planetary right?
I guess because characters ain't leveling continents with their punches constantly they're wall level at most. :mjpls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back