• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Circus of Humorous & Humiliating Arguments Part 3: Laugh Hard with a Vengence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
You are not, that is what everyone is trying to get through to you if you would stop being dense. The very fact that GER fucked over a stand that manipulates time means it is more than just causality manipulation.
Then what sort of ability is it in your own words?

I'm not purposefully being dense, I'm just trying to have a discussion here.

Darth Nihilus

Lord of QUALITY
V.I.P. Member
suggs at least always posted straight forward to his readers that even average janitors are omniversal in his series

so simple :russ :hestonpls

R.4e51ccf43cf00a32a56ee2b3a09af65b

maybe I misunderstood I thought you meant ger just fucks w causality here when it alters a lot of factors

GER in the dub is the Concept of Truth and can fuck with it as it pleases(or in the original translations, the concept of Zero... it's funny how both are the same when you look at it lol), none of those really matter when GER can just go "Fuck you" and send you back to start.

you can make an upgrade thread before going through everything though

I did for TF about 2 years ago and then ended up just finding way more and more relevant material the further i got into the lore

That was Goldenboy's choice though, we didn't force that on him and we even told him that we won't immediately accept it where he puts it because we don't do that for most series at first.

I never even mentioned the infinitely dividing shit (which again, there seems to be a lot of hyper-fixation on that quote for some reason) and you're missing the point entirely.

MGs manipulate time, fate, probability, causality, etc, and are respectively immune to their own powers that operate on a scale higher than GER (who fundamentally manipulates causality, one aspect of their arsenal). This is literally the exact opposite of how the NLF works.

Bruh, I was using it as an example... my guy.
The MGs can manipulate that shit... but guess what? So did Diavolo, what happened to him?

"He could see the truth of his actions, but he will never reach them" and he couldn't... despite having a precognition ability that allows him to witness things in the future even after Time and Causality has ceased to be.
How are the MGs different here?

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
It's essentially the main gist of how GER's powers work though right?

I thought I was correct in my description of it :hm
i guess a simple way of looking at it is that in order to reset something to 0, GER will/does end up altering many other things
like it multiplies death by zero, but then as a result fate gets fucked for diavolo and he keeps repeating shit, nullifies time erasure but then the time that was destroyed is restored and everything unrelated moves back to its original place

you could argue the latter was purely causality manip but then it involved “causes” and “effects” not even within the flow of time to begin with

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
GER in the dub is the Concept of Truth and can fuck with it as it pleases(or in the original translations, the concept of Zero... it's funny how both are the same when you look at it lol), none of those really matter when GER can just go "Fuck you" and send you back to start.

That was Goldenboy's choice though, we didn't force that on him and we even told him that we won't immediately accept it where he puts it because we don't do that for most series at first.

Bruh, I was using it as an example... my guy.
The MGs can manipulate that shit... but guess what? So did Diavolo, what happened to him?

"He could see the truth of his actions, but he will never reach them" and he couldn't... despite having a precognition ability that allows him to witness things in the future even after Time and Causality has ceased to be.
How are the MGs different here?

Are we seriously comparing Diavolo to fucking MGs..? :rock

His shit is a cute parlor trick to them, in the same sense that it is to GER.

i guess a simple way of looking at it is that in order to reset something to 0, GER will/does end up altering many other things
like it multiplies death by zero, but then as a result fate gets fucked for diavolo and he keeps repeating shit, nullifies time erasure but then the time that was destroyed is restored and everything unrelated moves back to its original place

you could argue the latter was purely causality manip but then it involved “causes” and “effects” not even within the flow of time to begin with

Honestly, I use the Dub as it's alot more clear in what it does.
GER has control over the concept of Truth not just in actions but in the metaphorical sense.
He "killed" Diavolo but as he controls the concept of Truth, he will never allow him to reach the actual Truth of that action in the same way he can deny others to reach the Truth of their actions.

Are we seriously comparing Diavolo to fucking MGs..? :rock

His shit is a cute parlor trick to them, in the same sense that it is to GER.

This is shit you genuinely need to prove. You are basically acting like VSB Nasuverse stans right now.

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
@Xhominid the Fool Seriously though, where did you get each of the Dragons coming out one at a time?

Was that shit from a guidebook or something?

I genuinely wonder where you're getting your information on the series from at times :wow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back