• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Circus of Humorous & Humiliating Arguments Part 3: Laugh Hard with a Vengence

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Adamant soul Never mind with my request, I found it myself:

This is what was stated in the localization panel at Anime Central 3 Years ago.

So this is even fucking dumber considering the fact that it doesn't take a fucking genius to realize there's a reason we get the shitty Altria Localization.

And this is also why people know for a fact that the Fairy Knight Localization is going to be Tam Lin:

@Paxton @CrossTheHorizon They act like people don't record shit or notice the FGO Global usually do stuff like this before COV-ID and may get back into it Post-COVID.

Type-Rey

Acclaimed
Both the fan-translation and the official one uses "micro".

I'll go with the people who usually know what they're talking about, especially when it comes to context.

Also from what i know, "split second" in Jap is covered by terms like "Isshun " or "Shunkan" and the characters for these terms are nowhere to be found in the raws. Tho, full disclaimer , i'm a layman so i might be horribly wrong here.

Even if we're all wrong, it's one feat debunked. Congrats, you still have a bunch to go through.

Last edited:

Alex Cross

>Demonbane and Nasuverse beating Transformers :rock

Umineko maybe and Lovecraft probably but I doubt a lot else on this list does much to Unicron, definitely not Exalted, D&D, etc

this nigga has no clue what he's talking about
Btw, in case if anyone still think Demonbane is "weak":

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
Btw, in case if anyone still think Demonbane is "weak":
less that I think demonbane is weak and more that I know SB has no clue what they're talking about wrt transformers

Both the fan-translation and the official one uses "micro".

I'll go with the people who usually know what they're talking about, especially when it comes to context.

Also from what i know, "split second" in Jap is covered by terms like "Isshun " or "Shunkan" and the characters for these terms are nowhere to be found in the raws. Tho, full disclaimer , i'm a layman so i might be horribly wrong here.

Even if we're all wrong, it's one feat debunked. Congrats, you still have a bunch to go through.

Honestly, it's fucking ridiculous anyway since I can guarantee they are either using shoddy as fuck translations(which never captures the intent right) or a google translation.

It's dumber since it's obvious as hell to anyone with a brain the JP Team actively runs FGO NA(Even the translation team itself is ultimately ran by them) in every other aspect(People only finally got it when we had that near day long maintenance and it was clearly evident it was only fixed when people went back to work... in Japan) so why would the translations be different? Especially since we have seen them force in Altria into every single official localization since then with the only exceptions being the Fate/Extella games which was outsourced.

:mjlol

That doesn't even make any sense. You can have multiple authors but that changes nothing at the base level of how feats are translated as a whole(See American Comics as a whole).
Cherrypicking that Servants only go Supersonic(which is hilariously false as most of the terms are "Faster Than Sound" which can mean anything) because authors like to go with that doesn't stop the fact we later see feats go even faster than that.
Again, we don't need to cherrypick how shit the feats are in Overlord because... we can see and read it. Hell, you guys cherrypick feats in Overlord to pretend they are better than they actually are.

Yeah no, not even Saitama at his most wanked can beat Asura.

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
Though to be fair, I think Thopples was the one that started that anyway.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Thopples ain’t a Toaru fan. In fact, I think that dudes a hater on everything and only a fan of listening to themselves talk

GregSteve

Bakugou died for your lmao's
V.I.P. Member

>Demonbane and Nasuverse beating Transformers :rock

Umineko maybe and Lovecraft probably but I doubt a lot else on this list does much to Unicron, definitely not Exalted, D&D, etc

this nigga has no clue what he's talking about
Isn't D&D Megaversal or some shit from Dungeon Master shenanigans?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back