• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Circus of Humorous & Humiliating Arguments Part 4: Outskirts Ningen Dome - Laughing edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like, I understand the concept of how SB does VS. topics(They want hardline proof that X exists or they will dismiss it as wank)... but as SB tends to go, they pretty much go in the absolute OPPOSITE direction of VSB and tend to take it to ridiculous extremes.

Dialga, Palkia and Giaranta are the literal embodiment of their concepts(Time, Space and Anti-Matter), that was the entire point of Diamond/Pearl/Platinum. Consistently bringing in movies that are WELL out of date with how powerful they(and especially Arceus) are and ignore the establishing reason of those scenes just show how bad this mentality is.

Goetia probably has the DC to kill one of them... but the Temple of Time doesn't actually make Time or Space cease to exist, it's just where he's at that doesn't have those properties, which the three can null anyway.
I'm pretty certain Giaranta's existence alone pretty much fucks over Goetia for obvious reasons but hey...

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
Like I don't even understand SB at times and it never gets better and just gets worse when they continue to talk.
They constantly bring up the movies and otherwise of their low points... but ignore that in the games, Arceus literally creates an entire Universe just to give you an egg of one of the 3...

That should obviously show that they are the literal embodiment of the concepts they represent but this is SB so.... nope. "They was barely able to even destroy a city, that's enough proof for us despite Diamond, Pearl and it's 3rd game showing having any of these Legendaries be free and at their full power is a World Ending Calamity at bare minimum!
the shit SB does is the reason why people like Isdra exist

Emerald
Platinum
HeartGold and SoulSilver

Were the best games in the series. Ruby holds a special place in my heart
Dont forget Black 2 and White 2 my man

the shit SB does is the reason why people like Isdra exist

It's just funny because on the opposite end, when it comes to series like MHA and KnY, they go absolutely off the deep end with any shown feats.
Unironically using the "Only the Sharingan can defeat the Sharingan" when it comes to Demons, Sunlight and Nichirin Blades. Believing Deku moved at quadruple digits to save Overhaul from Nagant's bullet and Bakugou is City+ tier not in hurting Shigaraki(he didn't) but in terms of misunderstanding how big the UA building they are fighting in is, etc, etc.

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
This fucking guy again? :smh

Incoming screeching about how Kingdom Hearts is TOTALLY on the same level as Star Wars and how it definitely doesn't get his shit wrecked by basically any Star Wars high tier (if it even gets that far).

I mean I get it, Kingdom Hearts's general story is very obviously inspired by Star Wars, particualrly the Jedi vs Sith aspect of it. That however does not mean they're actually on the same level. Xehanort is not Palpatine no matter how much you want him to be.
i cut this guy some slack bc hes admitted he’s on the spectrum before but these KH vs SW matchups not hitting

GaRbS

Illustrious
So HA's Excalibur speed feat in the finale doesn't exist? The realta nua opening for the Fate route doesn't have an Excalibur speed feat to measure?
I've never seen any calcs for either feat so I wouldn't know how fast they are.
If he's using the light novels and VN on its own, you're being a touch disingenuous calling mach 2 Gae Bolg the best in the game when FZ's narration talks shit about broaching relativistic. Whether you take that or not, it's an outright untruth to call mach 2 Gae Bolg from Shirou's musing the best that OG material has
I didn't call it the best feat in the OG material period, I said that about Gae Bolg alone. As in, we don't have any other feats for the speed of Gae Bolg that I know of.
or Iskandar closing the 100 meter gap in a blink of an eye with his Chariot)
I mean, 100 meters per second is 360 km/h so at 500 km/h it is already possible to perform that feat.
Because of him being wrong about Belleophron's speed? Because it's pretty apparent if we go by Shirou's own words with that, Medusa's horse is infinitely slower than she is(Not to mention the databook doesn't work with it).
I'm not aware of any evidence within the 3 OG Fate works that contradict the speed of Bellerophon. If anything it seems consistent with Iskandar's chariot and Artoria's bike going at 400 km/h.
You're ignoring feats in favor of statements in the same way taking Roshi clocking a 5.6 second 100 meter as his cap because its definitvely stated as opposed to extrapolation from other feats like with Tao mounting his tossed pillar is kind of asinine dude
No, the context here in that debate is that we don't have access to better feats like with Tao's one.
If he's going by the Ufotable animes, its over when dishing on shit like Caladbolg II vs Medea and Volumen Hydragyrum vs the mach 2.5ish Thompson Contender rounds.
While it's true those feats are better than Mach 2, I don't know how applicable they would be to the argument of how fast Gae Bolg being thrown would be. I don't see any logic to scaling wildly different attacks to each other.

At most you could argue Gae Bolg as a Noble Phantasm should easily outstrip the Mystic Code of a modern magus like Kayneth. But I see no way to scale an arrow fired by a bow to a spear being thrown.

Last edited:

ChaosTheory123

Distinguished
V.I.P. Member
I've never seen any calcs for either feat so I wouldn't know how fast they are.

Think the Hollow Ataraxia shit is dead, so I have to get around to slicing up and uploading some of my own video to gfycat or something :hm

Apparently I got the speed here based on altostratus height? If that's not rigid enough for you, I can appreciate that being the case.
I didn't call it the best feat in the OG material period, I said that about Gae Bolg alone. As in, we don't have any other feats for the speed of Gae Bolg that I know of.
Nah, think about it. Excalibur is the perfect pivot. Herakles, Gilgamesh, Iskander, and even Shirou projecting Rho Aias. You don't need a direct speed for Gae Bolg, because we already know how fast Cu is compared to these characters and who they have fought respectively.
While it's true those feats are better than Mach 2, I don't know how applicable they would be to the argument of how fast Gae Bolg being thrown would be. I don't see any logic to scaling wildly different attacks to each other.

At most you could argue Gae Bolg as a Noble Phantasm should easily outstrip the Mystic Code of a modern magus like Kayneth. But I see no way to scale an arrow fired by a bow to a spear being thrown.
Well, Caladbolg II is something Medea erected a shield for while the shot was in transit, we also know Herakles can swat Caladbolg II out of the sky when not impaired by losing a life to Artoria's random Ufotable Mana Burst.

Time Alter Double Accel is good enough to avoid Volumen Hydragyrum, and the gulf between them especially how Ufotable showed the gap is pretty excruciating. Its part of why I find it stupid Kerry has something like origin bullets. An origin knife like his Counter Guardian self would have been more useful had Urobuchi not just been a military nut. Its reusable and he's already pushing himself into the realm of superhuman with his time manipulation, the bullet and style of gun just come across as a style and edge thing in that respect.

None of these are direct, but you can always draw a link back to Cu Chulainn dude.

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member

>he doesn't know

:mjgrin
I like how he's asking if it "subtracted anything from her" almost like he KNOWS how bad this match is and is hoping for an out for Dante.

No sir, I'm afraid it was DANTE'S latest outing that subtracted from HIM (at least in terms of shooting universal Mundus down for good) while Cereza's only added to her...a lot. :maybe

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
> Byakuya moves so fast that neither Renji or Rukia even realized he'd grabbed them until he had them safely out of the way of Gerard's attack.
> Somehow not a blitz because "hurr durr they didn't see him coming" :smh

This section seems to have this idea that the character needs to be looking at someone, for it to be considered an actual blitz and while normally that's true, this isn't one of those cases. They downplay Hitsugaya's blatant blitz of Momo and Izuru on the same grounds, while unironically arguing Toshiro "couldn't catch Izuru" later.

Both Byakuya and Hitsugaya had to move in such a way that the two involved WOULD have reacted to them being there in some way, if they were actually capable of it. They weren't, therefore both instances are textbook speed blitzes.

Type-Rey

Acclaimed
Man, Potato forums Belch division has a hard on for downplaying Hitsugaya, everytime i see BS, it involves Hitsugaya.

What's the deal, they don't like albinos ?

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Man, Potato forums Belch division has a hard on for downplaying Hitsugaya, everytime i see BS, it involves Hitsugaya.

What's the deal, they don't like albinos ?
No idea, some of them don't like how overrated he is or how much panel-time he gets but others don't particularly about him at all so I don't get it.

It's funny because they WANK Rukia, claiming her bankai is more dangerous because it's absolute zero and it's own distinct ability because it's "cold manipulation". I've even seen Mar question how Rukia's bankai would interact with YAMAMOTO'S because of her "superior temperature manipulation".

All while holding to the belief that even after his Adult power up, Hitsugaya's bankai would still get negged by Yamamoto's. Because apparently a HILARIOUS increase in it's power and it's capacity to generate its own ice now (instead of being reliant on the water in the air which ZnT evaporates) aren't reason enough to question if Yama's bankai still negs it just as easily. :kobeha

Last edited:

Masterblack06

Man of Atom

Okay lets see where-
>full power Specter
catreally.png

I mean, 100 meters per second is 360 km/h so at 500 km/h it is already possible to perform that feat.

It was less than a second, it doesn't take a second to blink your eyes...:
The King of Conquerors’ direct attack sent a shiver down Saber’s spine. By the rushing of the divine bulls, the hundred-meter distance had instantaneously been decreased to zero. In the blink of an eye, the might of Gordius Wheel manifested before her eyes.

I'm not aware of any evidence within the 3 OG Fate works that contradict the speed of Bellerophon. If anything it seems consistent with Iskandar's chariot and Artoria's bike going at 400 km/h.

Artoria's Bike had it's speedometer stop at 400KMPH due to it being broken, not because she was moving that fast:
The needle of the speedometer was already damaged and could not be used. Saber’s prana had caused the rushing vehicle to transcend the laws of physics; already the speed was more than 400 kilometers per hour. The pressure released by the magecraft pressed the rear wheel firmly against the cement; even when making turns, Saber did not release the throttle and turned the body of the vehicle round by force.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back