• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Circus of Humorous & Humiliating Arguments Part 4 Part 2: Electric Boogaloo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uoruk

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Honestly? It depends on how far you think Medaka Box's hax can get through those ridiculous Wings or not.

I thought that Fate had some bullshit ways to do their lore by primarily keeping most of it untranslated and in interviews but the fact that Mihoyo basically makes their convoluted, their translations aren't the best and they are primarily info dumps may take the cake instead.
Yup

They always come up with cool and interesting concepts but their writing suffers because they either treat the audience as being unable to understand context clues so they info dump as much as possible or they wax poetic and end up needing to add whatever additional info somewhere else in the story. It wouldn't be as annoying if they found a good balance between it but it really just slows everything down. That said Penacony doesn't seem as bad but I've only recently decided to return to doing the story (pulling Mei being my only inspiration lmao) so I'm still at the start

Yup

They always come up with cool and interesting concepts but their writing suffers because they either treat the audience as being unable to understand context clues so they info dump as much as possible or they wax poetic and end up needing to add whatever additional info somewhere else in the story. It wouldn't be as annoying if they found a good balance between it but it really just slows everything down. That said Penacony doesn't seem as bad but I've only recently decided to return to doing the story (pulling Mei being my only inspiration lmao) so I'm still at the start

Yeah, that's been my main issue with Star Rail atm as well...
It's insane because I think @CrossTheHorizon 's statement on how the Star Rail Express is meant to work is stated barely and it's also in an info dump off hand otherwise and even then, it's not explained well.

I think I legit just sleptwalk through some of Jarilo VI due to that and the need to constantly reiterate the obvious and Xianzhou was just boring as fuck.

It gets more ridiculous as Type-Moon has finally gotten off it's ass and is officially translating it's primary work after 20+ years and one of the original remakes this year so it makes for how much Mihoyo is basically the biggest gacha game around... it's writing is pretty sloppy and full of memes which is hit and miss depending on the person.

CrossTheHorizon

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Yup

Penacony is better than the Luofu, and while i doubt The Wildfire Battle (tm) will ever be removed as my favorite moment in the series, the general quality in Penacony is above that of Jarillo VI as well.

Uoruk

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Yeah, that's been my main issue with Star Rail atm as well...
It's insane because I think @CrossTheHorizon 's statement on how the Star Rail Express is meant to work is stated barely and it's also in an info dump off hand otherwise and even then, it's not explained well.

Think it was explained in when the red haired dude randomly shows up on the express
I think I legit just sleptwalk through some of Jarilo VI due to that and the need to constantly reiterate the obvious and Xianzhou was just boring as fuck.
Loufu dragged but toward the end it picks up and hits the gas. If they could somehow keep a somewhat decent pacing I think the big climactic moments would hit that much harder

It gets more ridiculous as Type-Moon has finally gotten off it's ass and is officially translating it's primary work after 20+ years and one of the original remakes this year so it makes for how much Mihoyo is basically the biggest gacha game around... it's writing is pretty sloppy and full of memes which is hit and miss depending on the person.

Well they've been like that since Hokai so they probably aren't changing anytime soon

Penacony is better than the Luofu, and while i doubt The Wildfire Battle (tm) will ever be removed as my favorite moment in the series, the general quality in Penacony is above that of Jarillo VI as well.
Either way there's probably another banger involved so I'm good

Had Phantylia's theme on repeat for a hot minute a few weeks ago lmao

Think it was explained in when the red haired dude randomly shows up on the express

Argenti? Fuck, I did that sidequest and I was basically just not paying attention at all...
I think it's less Argenti himself and more how boring it was for me for some reason.

Loufu dragged but toward the end it picks up and hits the gas. If they could somehow keep a somewhat decent pacing I think the big climactic moments would hit that much harder

Yeah, I think that's the best way you can describe the Xianzhou Arc:
Slow as balls going up the hill and when you think you hit the climax, you just got more hill and then you basically just hit gas for 2 seconds when you hit the downslope and that's it.

Well they've been like that since Hokai so they probably aren't changing anytime soon

Impact right? Kinda ridiculous considering that they really should have gotten either better writers or better translations because it's ridiculous they keep on having issues when it comes to how they want things to be translated or not when it comes to the terminology of their worlds.

JayK

Ay, welcome aboard. And glad to have more people interested in HSR lore because I'm skillgated out of any content that might be in the endgame modes :catcry
Yeeaaah have kinda been playing since day 1.

Nevertheless there is not really anything in Memory of Chaos and I couldn't be bothered paying attention in Gold and Gears as it was such a chore to do. I could probably pay a bit more attention in that regard for future SU expansions.

As for Aha, I don't think anyone besides Hooh scales to them as we know they fought Nanook and the past and presumbly won. -> All of Nanooks scars are from fighting Aha.

Here comes a spicy topic though:
Who would you rate higher between Acheron and Jing Yuan? I have an overhauled clear cut take on this but curious what somebody else more focused on battle boarding thinks.

Uoruk

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Argenti? Fuck, I did that sidequest and I was basically just not paying attention at all...
I think it's less Argenti himself and more how boring it was for me for some reason.
Yeah, think it's when Pom pom tries to go to washtopia but they instead end up in a giant insect that swallowed the express. Argenti himself actually forces it to spit the express out

Impact right? Kinda ridiculous considering that they really should have gotten either better writers or better translations because it's ridiculous they keep on having issues when it comes to how they want things to be translated or not when it comes to the terminology of their worlds.
Hokai and Honkai yeah. Its funny to me at times but I'd say it's an acquired taste

Yeah, think it's when Pom pom tries to go to washtopia but they instead end up in a giant insect that swallowed the express. Argenti himself actually forces it to spit the express out

Yeah, that was it...
That sidequest was not worth it outside of Argenti.

Hokai and Honkai yeah. Its funny to me at times but I'd say it's an acquired taste

Basically. It just makes it a pain in the ass to understand how any of it actually works outside of the basics.

Vespa Crabro

Stellaron Hunter
V.I.P. Member
Yup

it's because the writers ended up changing partway through

Shaoji wasn't so bad about it but the guy they have handling HI3 and SR apparently has a science degree or some shit and bro just loves going off the rails with it. Penacony gets treated more like the herscher of Dominance Arc and Thus Spoke did since Shaoji is fully at the helm for it.

CrossTheHorizon

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member

Either way there's probably another banger involved so I'm good

Had Phantylia's theme on repeat for a hot minute a few weeks ago lmao

There are indeed bangers involved. Also a couple of slower songs that are pretty solid as well. Honkai music is great.

Yeeaaah have kinda been playing since day 1.

Nevertheless there is not really anything in Memory of Chaos and I couldn't be bothered paying attention in Gold and Gears as it was such a chore to do. I could probably pay a bit more attention in that regard for future SU expansions.

As for Aha, I don't think anyone besides Hooh scales to them as we know they fought Nanook and the past and presumbly won. -> All of Nanooks scars are from fighting Aha.

Here comes a spicy topic though:
Who would you rate higher between Acheron and Jing Yuan? I have an overhauled clear cut take on this but curious what somebody else more focused on battle boarding thinks.

Atm I'd rate JY higher because we've seen him actually fight a Lord Ravager. I'm like 90% sure Acheron is actually stronger but she's only really used her powers twice, once on a way weaker opponent (Aventurine) and once to fuck up the Dreamscape. JY was able to contend with another Emanator who was borrowing the power of a second Aeon as well.

Vespa Crabro

Stellaron Hunter
V.I.P. Member
There are indeed bangers involved. Also a couple of slower songs that are pretty solid as well. Honkai music is great.

Atm I'd rate JY higher because we've seen him actually fight a Lord Ravager. I'm like 90% sure Acheron is actually stronger but she's only really used her powers twice, once on a way weaker opponent (Aventurine) and once to fuck up the Dreamscape. JY was able to contend with another Emanator who was borrowing the power of a second Aeon as well.
John Juan was losing that fight against Phantyllia tho

It wasn't until super daniel (arguably an Emanator of Long (tm) (copyright) ) stepped in that they managed to bring her down, and they didn't permakill her, they just forced her out of her vessel. We'll have to see what happens when Grand Marshall HUA shows up since IIRC she's supposed to be the top dog of Lan's Emanators

Mei flat out Destroyed the Aventurine Cornerstone which is apparently close in power to that of an Emanator with one slash and almost permanently fucked up the Dreamscape which had 2 aeon's vying for it.

how-does-solar-system-jjk-affect-the-agenda-v0-lazvir02xl0d1.png

:jordangif

CrossTheHorizon

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
John Juan was losing that fight against Phantyllia tho

It wasn't until super daniel (arguably an Emanator of Long (tm) (copyright) ) stepped in that they managed to bring her down.

Mei flat out Destroyed the Aventurine Cornerstone which is apparently close in power to that of an Emanator with one slash and almost permanently fucked up the Dreamscape which had 2 aeon's vying for it.

Each Cornerstone is one tenth of the power an Emanator of Preservation gave to the IPC, so I don't think Aventurine was really meant to be in that weight class. His plan was based on the idea that fighting her was total suicide no matter what, after all.

And I think the Lord Ravagers are supposed to be in a class of their own in general when it comes to Emanators, so him and DHIL taking down a roided out one is still the best showing we have against that level of power.

Uoruk

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
it's because the writers ended up changing partway through

Shaoji wasn't so bad about it but the guy they have handling HI3 and SR apparently has a science degree or some shit and bro just loves going off the rails with it. Penacony gets treated more like the herscher of Dominance Arc and Thus Spoke did since Shaoji is fully at the helm for it.
Bruh that explains so much lmfao

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back