Circus of Humorous & Humiliating Arguments Part 4 Part 2: Electric Boogaloo

Masterblack06

Man of Atom

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
It's really funny how Many characters that used to be the community new shiny toy became irrelevant over the years niggas used to gas up
Tenchi Muyo
Crimson King
Bastard
Etc
Just to be relics of the past

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
Insanity. Fucking Pre-DBZ characters can vape this dude

They deleted stuff from the OBD?
The whole reason we even came here is because Mbxx is a fucking clown and was deleting posts out of old threads, respect threads and any other thread with no warning to the people who own those threads because random german law that he claimed was going to kill a bunch of other websites because "muh copywrite"

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
It's really funny how Many characters that used to be the community new shiny toy became irrelevant over the years niggas used to gas up
Tenchi Muyo
Crimson King
Bastard
Etc
Just to be relics of the past
Tenchi Muyo and Basard are still as strong as ever. I think their of a case of nothing new about them and enough people forgetting them as a result

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
@Qinglong Okay I see what you did now with Saint of Killers. I’d at least mention he can ignore durability by inducing death on whatever his bullets manage to touch.

The guns were made by the Angel of Death and the bullets just need to touch the target at any spot to kill them

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
Tenchi Muyo and Basard are still as strong as ever. I think their of a case of nothing new about them and enough people forgetting them as a result
Bastard is still pretty up there.

Eternal Atoms are one of the better defensive abilities ive seen

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
bastard's main "issue" if you can even call it that is nothing above galactic showings, so from this hobby's perspective as power creep and higher interpretations became the norm, Dispell Bound and Eternal Atoms could only take it so far

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
JoJo’s an interesting case.

It’s still as strong as ever with GER, D4C, Green Baby, and other broken Stands still carrying it and it’s definitely more popular now then its ever been but that same popularly and accessibility to the series between the anime and better manga translations + official English publishing have debunked a lot of fan wank.

Country level DIO or Jotaro via accumulated timestop damage just looks silly now when you see the actual damage they’ve ever pulled off comes nowhere close to that.

Enricco Pucci got hit hard with this too. You’d think he’s this Universal reality warper with Infinite Speed that could only be beaten by God but the truth is his Universal reset doesn’t do any harm to living things because of the way it works and he’s not actually infinite in speed, but can infinitely accelerate himself the more he speeds up time and even that’s limited to the time of the current universe at that.

He’s basically just a glass cannon speedster that needs to physically still kill you with his own strength

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Toriko is another one that’s become obsolete. At its peak, it nearly replaced Bleach for the HST and it got so powerful thanks to the author’s intricate detail at showcasing insane feats, it was one of the most popular matchups against DBZ

Series then dropped thanks to TOEI’s crappy anime adaptation and the manga eventually got cut short with the declining sales. It also stopped being any kind of competition for Dragon Ball too once Super aired with the universe shaking fight between SSG Goku and Beerus forever leaving it in the dust

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
jojo was a weird case because it was the most random ass characters in it being overhyped 10 years ago even though GER, D4C etc were (most of the time) rated fairly. Nowadays we just obviously know weird claims like "Sale and Kraftwerk have better Vector control than Accelerator" and "Ultimate Kars adapts to anything and solos the HST" is uh, not true.

I don't have the exact quote but when rereading it with official scans for the first time I vaguely remember an afterword where Araki said something along the lines of he toned down his powers in recent years to focus more on the world and people, which explains why Parts 5 and 6 skyrocketed the scale and 7&8 dialed it back a bit (sort of, in 7's case. I don't even know if he really said this to begin with I just vaguely remember seeing it)

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
Muh unstoppable, impossible to dodge, always kill anything guns that even killed “god”

Even though comparing the “god” in Preacher to the actual God is like comparing Homelander to Superman. Saint of Killers has always been a massive NLF and immensely overrated.

If there’s one thing Garth loves to shit on more than superheros, it’s Christianity and organized religion in general
Even if his guns were super duper powerful and could kill Fiamma..

He'd never get the chance to fire the bullet.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Bleach just might get an upgrade too if the anime nails it with a clear universe level showing

I welcome it, not because I want the series to be upgraded but just so Bleach fans actually have a feat to argue with over the lame mental gymnastics they resort to

Back