• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Circus of Humorous & Humiliating Arguments Part 4 Part 2: Electric Boogaloo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
No fucking duh

when did I say otherwise lol

I'm saying she does this passively, but can exert more control if need be
I can agree with that.

I still think it wouldn't do much though.
Like Killua has already gotten past his trauma when he fought Rammot. Gon is more likely to get angry, I'm pretty sure most of the spiders wouldn't be affected (hisoka, and chrollo defo not) RG's are also too strongwilled.

Uoruk

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
I can agree with that.

I still think it wouldn't do much though.
Like Killua has already gotten past his trauma when he fought Rammot. Gon is more likely to get angry, I'm pretty sure most of the spiders wouldn't be affected (hisoka, and chrollo defo not) RG's are also too strongwilled.

They haven't had to deal with an actual mental attack that induces it though and its less "willpower" than negative emotions. They can power through them but if they're still experiencing them it doesn't change the affect it has. Denji didn't wanna die or anything but feeling despair for that moment still flung him straight into hell. You're also assuming they know how the ability works in the first place

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
They haven't had to deal with an actual mental attack that induces it though and its less "willpower" than negative emotions. They can power through them but if they're still experiencing them it doesn't change the affect it has. Denji didn't wanna die or anything but feeling despair for that moment still flung him straight into hell.
This is true, though for Denji they were already pretty high up.

You're also assuming they know how the ability works in the first place
I mean... Denji figured it out in the span of a chapter, while he's not dumb he isn't exactly smart either, especially compared to HxH characters most of whom are strategists because of how the power system works. It's not like Falling's power is complicated either.

Other than that I don't got much else.

Uoruk

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
This is true, though for Denji they were already pretty high up.

I mean... Denji figured it out in the span of a chapter, while he's not dumb he isn't exactly smart either, especially compared to HxH characters most of whom are strategists because of how the power system works. It's not like Falling's power is complicated either.

Other than that I don't got much else.
Denji isn't an idiot either he just has no social skills because of his upbringing. Throughout the manga we see he's pretty damn quick witted if not downright genius.

Hell, just look at his entire final fight with Makima where he had her dancing to his tune the entire time

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
They haven't had to deal with an actual mental attack that induces it though and its less "willpower" than negative emotions.
Does Illumi's needle count as a mental attack? :hm That was the reason why Killua always felt scared against more powerful opponents.

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member

Proto234

Distinguished
There's only as much Nasu vs To Aru shitflinging as there is here because everyone knows if either series were put up against any other cosmic series they'd immediately get put into the past tense:kermit
I thought it because both has, to my knowledge, similar premise, as in both has magic user, church based faction, etc. Though admitedly DxD should have been more used since it's more similar with Nasuverse when compared to ToAru.

ToAru seems to has more major tech/science based faction when compared to Nasuverse (Nasuverse only has Atlas afaik)

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
I thought it because both has, to my knowledge, similar premise, as in both has magic user, church based faction, etc. Though admitedly DxD should have been more used since it's more similar with Nasuverse when compared to ToAru.

ToAru seems to has more major tech/science based faction when compared to Nasuverse (Nasuverse only has Atlas afaik)
Both series have a lot of similarities, yes.

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
@Paxton @Astaro :tupac
Yeah even without the higher end scaling that I lean towards, Fiamma can still casually delete a planet/a solar system and the Holy Right scales to FTL shit at the low end so uh:tupac

lol

lmao even

Both series have a lot of similarities, yes.

No they really don't, it's honestly extremely surface level once you get down to brass tacks. Even the Texture/Phase stuff is no different than what other series do at their core, what To Aru is actually more similar to is Irregular than the Nasuverse.

Proto does have a point that DxD, outside of it's ludicrous premise to allow for hardcore ecchi is actually the closest equivalent to the Nasuverse in terms of the general standing of how shit tends to operate itself rather than just being surface level.

Masterblack06

Man of Atom

>Dies Irae
yhvh1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back