• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Circus of Humorous & Humiliating Arguments Part 4 Part 2: Electric Boogaloo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Just a reminder to all Cyberpunk downplayers who desperately try to claim Edgerunners is non-canon in the face of all evidence; your days are numbered.

Just a reminder to all Cyberpunk downplayers who desperately try to claim Edgerunners is non-canon in the face of all evidence; your days are numbered.

Again, SB will still play favorites regardless, see here:

Canonicity has nothing to do with authorial oversight. Ufotable has the rights to produce Demon Slayer content, and therefore any media they produce falls under Demon Slayer canon unless explicitly stated otherwise. Furthermore, authorial approval is sufficient to grant work produced under the story's rights to be canon, if it wasn't clear already. Legally speaking, the work is absolutely canon because it was created and approved of by the holders of the copyright. Unlike Kimetsu Academy, where there is absolutely reason to believe that it's non-canon (and it in fact isn't), the anime adaptation of the manga is fully canon, including the Mugen Train movie, and is material drawn directly from the manga (in some cases word for word, panel for panel).

There is no grounds to consider the work non-canon. The mangaka herself has stated in no uncertain terms that she considers the adaptation to be an amazing adaptation that everyone should consume, which alone should be enough for it to be canon since authorial approval of adaptations is literally the grounds for canonicity. That it contradicts your argument doesn't make it not a copyright holder approving of the accuracy of a work to their creative vision. That's the textbook definition of establishing canonicity.

Demon Slayer Anime is 100% canon because the Mangaka stated she liked an episode of the anime the team did, but stuff like Cyberpunk: Edgerunners? Nope.

Schrodinger's canon at work again I see.

It's honestly funny to me because and I'll be real here:

The Japanese have different standards of canon than Westerners do and that goes for creators as well.
Japanese Canon tend to be "Canon until it's been stricken otherwise" and the Anime adaptation of these shows is more or less just basically window dressing to buy the Manga(seeing all of the action we can only imagine in the Manga).
The issue here is that you already know is that Cyberpunk: Edgerunners is seen as canon to Cyberpunk overall to everyone BUT Spacebattles for some insane standard(Primarily because that means them lowballing Cyberpunk was wrong and they can't admit that).

It's also the same shit you see them do with other series that have canonical adaptations even backed by the creators of the series themselves.

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
It's honestly funny to me because and I'll be real here:

The Japanese have different standards of canon than Westerners do and that goes for creators as well.
Japanese Canon tend to be "Canon until it's been stricken otherwise" and the Anime adaptation of these shows is more or less just basically window dressing to buy the Manga(seeing all of the action we can only imagine in the Manga).
The issue here is that you already know is that Cyberpunk: Edgerunners is seen as canon to Cyberpunk overall to everyone BUT Spacebattles for some insane standard(Primarily because that means them lowballing Cyberpunk was wrong and they can't admit that).

It's also the same shit you see them do with other series that have canonical adaptations even backed by the creators of the series themselves.
If there's a version of double think that's more pathetic than SBs then I don't want to see it.

LeonLex

Paramount
I go to sleep and wake up to more Demon Slayer wank.

I know that HxH is mid , but the characters in the Vs have actual feats. You don't need a whiteboard full of scaling chains to estimate their powers.

Regarding AFO, he's gonna get vaped.

AcidSoup

yes
nothing suggests his internal organs has the same durability as his body
image.png

Proto234

Distinguished
yes
nothing suggests his internal organs has the same durability as his body
By that logic Overlord verse can kill Goku despite him can simply Kamehameha them out of existence (IC Goku probably prefer not to though, but do find them boring)

ChaosTheory123

Distinguished
V.I.P. Member
What you didn't know that the internal organs are somehow radically different from your external body in durability? :maybe
Just ignore the fact that if they were, then any attack the character doesn't straight up no-sell would liquefy their insides outright. :kobeha
No, no, shock waves don't propagate through the body, it stops skin deep

Don't ya know? :maybe

He'd have almost sounded less silly saying the shit ability was strong enough to stop the heart from beating despite the fact the muscle needs to be strong enough to run the circulatory system of a super human

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back