• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Circus of Humorous & Humiliating Arguments Part 4 Part 2: Electric Boogaloo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
Forget Noble Phantasms, Gojo wouldn't be able to block the average Servant's normal attacks :tupac

I'd say no?

Though I think there could be a funny conversation of whether causality being fucked with and space time being thrown into a confusing loop of death as the 3 stabs converge at the same point would disrupt the technique. But by that point the technique would be finished, so shouldn't have reached him.

Ah yes, Okita's NP isn't capable of hurting Gojo through Infinity despite the same NP was able to get through something that neither Demon King Nobunaga nor Uesegi Kenshin going full Bishamonten couldn't scratch...
Let's get past what we stated before, Okita's NP literally causes a break in Reality and all defenses to fail because well... there IS nothing there currently by comparison.

No.

The way I see it, since Gae Bolg manipulates causal relationships, it can't achieve anything if "stabs the heart" isn't an objective that can be realized, because then you don't have an effect to exchange with your cause.

However, if you consider Infinity a technique that isn't always on but that automatically turns on, meaning that it is off until whatever system Gojo uses to automatically identify something as a valid target decides you are worth the effort (am running on this interpretation mostly off his explanation and demonstration in the flashback after he began completing his technique), then I'd say yes he can, since causality has already been switched before Cu has thrust his spear.

dumbest-thing-ive-ever-heard-dumb.gif

If you equalize CE and magical energy, sure. Infinity would be like a personal, mobile Bounded Field. If you consider being slowed as coming into contact with the technique, then it short circuits and fucks the flow of CE to make the technique work.

That's how it's supposed to work in VS. Land in the first place... not to mention, Cursed Energy and Magical Energy are literally one in the same even then...

Exactly the same as Gae Bolg. Depends how you think Infinity "activation" works.

And I repeat:

Twisting space doesn't make the space it has to cross smaller, so no.

Ah yes, Twisting and Tearing apart Space against someone that only "infinitely" folds Space somehow doesn't mean anything...

images

It has no inherent properties that should allow it to penetrate, unless you wanted to be cheeky and assume a lot and say it would break through with the property some things in Nasu seem to have to pierce through simply because the amount of magical energy is overpoweringly larger and more massive compared to the opposition, but I feel that's a long shot and not really worth discussing.

Being able to destroy Reality in a huge ass range =/= being able to break through Infinity, someone please tell this guy to stop cooking.

Perhaps? I guess you could argue on the different mechanics, and I wouldn't mind seeing someone try that since I am lazy to do it myself, but considering that Ashiya is personally confident that Arjuna Alter could have punched through God's Skyboulder if he focused on it despite it surviving the repeated cycle of construction and recreation for millennia, I don't think it is impossible.

c1d907756c7422dbec58a3e65fdd7dc027db24ebacffb4b46707acfbe9e6f28e_1.jpg

Same reason as Loptr Laejrn except even worse.

Same issue as caladbolg. It is an actual attack with an actual vector, so unless the space-time collapse disrupts the technique, it still has to travel the infinite distance.

... I swear to God, this is the most hardcore of Gojo fanboys...
He thinks this is Tesla's NP when he doesn't realize that this is Lostbelt Zeus's NP...
You know? The one that can be Anti-Star System, Anti-Space Time and Anti-Concept?
Fucking dumbass
:risigif :maury

Same as Caladbolg, but I admit I don't remember much of the other instances where Ea was used, so for all I know it's "erode reality" shtick could achieve something.

Again, this dude is saying Gojo can survive attacks that can literally rend Reality because it's technically not touching him... this is the most insane of takes.

Not... sure? The description of the sword and what it can cut personally brings it closer to the likes of something like Eyes of Death Perception for me (not literally, just making the connection) especially because of the important things about the eyes, even emphasized some time ago in Adventures due to Waver's goals, is the fact that they can cut karma, fate and destiny itself (destroying curses, which is normally impossible).

But eh, I just don't have the motivation to work around all that mechanical nonsense, so maybe?

A Noble Phantasm that creates the ultimate sword. After deploying a unique Reality Marble, a wasteland of countless swords similar to the Heroic Spirit Emiya's Unlimited Blade Works, all the swords shatter and scatter like snow crystals to reveal a single blade in Senji Muramasa's hands. A single slash of this cuts time, space, and even fate.

If this is somehow complicated, I would beg of you to actually go back to 1st Grade and re-learn the concept of Reading Comprehension... because there's no way that this shit is complicated on any level to understand...

Once again, depends on how the activation of Infinity works. Plus, I think Infinity itself would classify as a trump card.

If it's just always on and not turned on in response to things, it still gets slowed because it was still on, regardless of turning back time to before he used his attack.

...I swear, this dude has no clue that Fragrach is basically something really close to a Divine Construct...
Secondly, if it worked on God Hand which is always on, it's punching through Infinity, no questions asked and again for those that don't know:
God Hand = The Blessings from the Greek Gods in the form of the 13 Labors he did and it should be obvious the Olympian Pantheon >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Gojo

Intrinsically, is just a strong attack, see Loptr.

Ah yes, the Sun of Michtan is just a "strong attack" despite even false things are powerful as hell depending on their circumstances and considering that NP is literally ORT's Heart and the Malla basically exploding onto you? Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's not ever just a "strong attack"

Same as far as we know, see Loptr.

Rhongomyniad... is not even remotely the same as Loptr. LB6 literally tells us it's capable of creating Dimensional Barriers alone as just a small effect of the myriad abilities we've seen it's users use throughout FGO. My fucking ass Infinity even at it's most wanked can deal with it.

Too lazy to think about that mechanically.

Event Storage is literally slurping up Reality like a straw...
Infinity ain't dealing with it.

BONUS:
In light of the recent events in the JJK manga, we can all say for certain Gojo can't stop any of these attacks and infinity has been wanked this whole time. Enough power output and you'll hit him. No real hax required. He couldn't even stop his own attack from badly damaging himself, why would it work against attacks much higher in energy output?

michael-scott-the-office.gif

Masterblack06

Man of Atom

Ah yes, Okita's NP isn't capable of hurting Gojo through Infinity despite the same NP was able to get through something that neither Demon King Nobunaga nor Uesegi Kenshin going full Bishamonten couldn't scratch...
Let's get past what we stated before, Okita's NP literally causes a break in Reality and all defenses to fail because well... there IS nothing there currently by comparison.

That's how it's supposed to work in VS. Land in the first place... not to mention, Cursed Energy and Magical Energy are literally one in the same even then...

And I repeat:

Ah yes, Twisting and Tearing apart Space against someone that only "infinitely" folds Space somehow doesn't mean anything...

images

Being able to destroy Reality in a huge ass range =/= being able to break through Infinity, someone please tell this guy to stop cooking.

c1d907756c7422dbec58a3e65fdd7dc027db24ebacffb4b46707acfbe9e6f28e_1.jpg

Same reason as Loptr Laejrn except even worse.

... I swear to God, this is the most hardcore of Gojo fanboys...
He thinks this is Tesla's NP when he doesn't realize that this is Lostbelt Zeus's NP...
You know? The one that can be Anti-Star System, Anti-Space Time and Anti-Concept?
Fucking dumbass
:risigif :maury

Again, this dude is saying Gojo can survive attacks that can literally rend Reality because it's technically not touching him... this is the most insane of takes.

If this is somehow complicated, I would beg of you to actually go back to 1st Grade and re-learn the concept of Reading Comprehension... because there's no way that this shit is complicated on any level to understand...

...I swear, this dude has no clue that Fragrach is basically something really close to a Divine Construct...
Secondly, if it worked on God Hand which is always on, it's punching through Infinity, no questions asked and again for those that don't know:
God Hand = The Blessings from the Greek Gods in the form of the 13 Labors he did and it should be obvious the Olympian Pantheon >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Gojo

Ah yes, the Sun of Michtan is just a "strong attack" despite even false things are powerful as hell depending on their circumstances and considering that NP is literally ORT's Heart and the Malla basically exploding onto you? Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's not ever just a "strong attack"

Rhongomyniad... is not even remotely the same as Loptr. LB6 literally tells us it's capable of creating Dimensional Barriers alone as just a small effect of the myriad abilities we've seen it's users use throughout FGO. My fucking ass Infinity even at it's most wanked can deal with it.

Event Storage is literally slurping up Reality like a straw...
Infinity ain't dealing with it.

BONUS:

michael-scott-the-office.gif
They are doing exactly as I said
"Infinity was turned off so of course he got hit by purple"

They are doing exactly as I said
"Infinity was turned off so of course he got hit by purple"

I knew they was going to do that but it's honestly some extreme hardcore delusion to:

A) Say that Infinity can deal with Causality based attacks because "infinitely folding space" when the entire purpose of inverting causality means that the Effect happens first and the Cause ceases to matter, something even Nasu explicitly states that you can be insanely fast or even teleport or even kill Cu in the past, you are STILL getting ganked by Gae Bolg because Causality reversal is a bitch.

B) Apparently breaking Reality in half somehow means nothing to "Infinitely Folding Space" despite Space being a part of Reality...

Like this isn't even normal delusion anymore, this is some of that insanely advanced delusions because he legit believes Gojo creates Space when all he does is fold the existing space and that's it.

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
Screenshot_3.png

either it hit him because it wasnt targeting him directly therefore infinity didnt trigger to block it, or because it was his own cursed energy it bypassed his infinity

thats like the only 2 options

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
Imma go with the first explanation since it explains why he had to dodge the bug explosions from the volcano dude that one time

Futon

Notorious
Imma go with the first explanation since it explains why he had to dodge the bug explosions from the volcano dude that one time
No, I think he had to do that because Domain Expansion ensures a hit. It's why Sukuna can neutralize Infinity. He just puts up Unlimited Void to override the Volcano dude's domain in their first encounter, but during the Shibuya arc they were using Domain Amplification. Oooh, I forgot the part you were talking about. That's actually weird.

Last edited:

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
No, I think he had to do that because Domain Expansion ensures a hit. It's why Sukuna can neutralize Infinity. He just puts up Unlimited Void to override the Volcano dude's domain in their first encounter, but during the Shibuya arc they were using Domain Amplification. Oooh, I forgot the part you were talking about. That's actually weird.
Nah i meant the part where the volcano dude sent some bugs that explode based on sound as a suprise attack.

Gojo had to jump outta the way to dodge the explosion. If infinity can block attacks not aimed at him directly then he wouldnt have needed to dodge the explosions as it would have kept the blast from even reaching him

this is if im remembering the scene correctly

Futon

Notorious
Nah i meant the part where the volcano dude sent some bugs that explode based on sound as a suprise attack.

Gojo had to jump outta the way to dodge the explosion. If infinity can block attacks not aimed at him directly then he wouldnt have needed to dodge the explosions as it would have kept the blast from even reaching him

this is if im remembering the scene correctly
Yeah, you got it right except it wasn't really a surprise attack. I thought it was because he didn't understand the attack itself or it didn't fit certain parameters and that's why he goes on to talk about how clever it was after dodging. Apparently, he automatically sorts out targets by amount of cursed energy, mass, size, speed, and shape by 2007 but poisonous things were still too hard. If that's the case, you couldn't really apply it to Purple since it's his own attack and he can still use it manually.

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
Personally I think Gojo had to dodge the bugs cause the attack was partially sound based. Which he even comments on.

We know he still can hear so sound obviously gets through infinity. But it seems that he cannot just shut out things that can get through infinity's whitelist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back