• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Circus of Humorous & Humiliating Arguments Part 4 Part 2: Electric Boogaloo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
Ultra Perm Banned Instinct V-2
overall

my rating for that thread, 🤡 fiesta/10, they think they tuff, i can't, thats the saddest part, smh and lmao

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
gunners wearing the korra avatar with joy, for years now, should be a bannable reason by default :heston

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
speaking of korra, the only korra material i like were the wan episodes, and the action game made by platinum games, years ago :mjlol

and that game, was made pre-s3 = pre-lesbian korra :heston and unironically, even in that game, she had feats potent enough to solo most mha chars :heston

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member

At first, you thought that this was an easy slam dunk... then people decided to try and be "smart"

I mean, he was killed by characters who were moon level....

It was an especial attack of that moon level character that surpassed his own power by a large margin, he no selled the attacks of moon busters.

He both no-sold and was killed by attacks from people who have moon-busting level attacks, but the attack which killed him is the only one of them to kill a moon.

Like, you do realize moon busting is a wide range and that being able to shrug some attacks from people that level in no way implies it takes another scale category up, right? We don't have confirmed planet busting til Vegeta level, Nappa's still in the broad 'moon busting' zone, let alone anyone in the Raditz story.

This is the problem with looking at broad categories and treating them as very specific power levels...

Yeah, I keep remembering how you have SB members who act like they are much smarter than everyone else and then completely ignore the concept that the Kamehameha and Special Beam Canon among other Ki Techniques amplifies the User's Ki levels by magnitudes as it was consistently stated for those techniques among others...

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
nurgle being there is fucking wild

I really hope no one is comparing dusty larry to him

Demon Slayers run a vampire and oni gauntlet

Warmup 1: 10,000 ticks
Warmup 2: 100,000 mosquitos
Warmup 3: 1,000,000 vampire bats

Uh, LMFAO, pretty sure they get COV-ID and die from a million Vampire Bats.

R8: Ao Oni (Ao Oni)
Pretty sure he kills them considering how it works.

R13: Morbius (Morbius movie, you know, the one that made 10 morbillion dollars)
R14: Blade (Marvel 616)

They absolutely stop at these guys though as far as I know.

R19: All Jojo vampires and pillermen including Dio and ultimate Kars (Jojo)
R25: All vampires and Oni in Fujimaru Ritsuka's Chaldea exactly as strong as they were in life (FGO)

Yeah this is absolute evil though :jordangif

Ah, isn't it fun when you have the typical SB'ers basically realizing that sticking to the statements and not actually doing any real deductions basically can fuck over whole ass series is a terrible way to VS. debate? Because it should be damn obvious why most people realize this is a horrible way to debate.

Also:

I'll keep this for the next time they downplay God Realm in particular.

If characters demonstrably did supersonic feats but later failed to do so because of story reasons or whatever, thats just called inconsistent writing or the author not thinking about the implications of their speed much. We should give more weight on the feats, especially when we have them in such quantities as seen in Naruto.

I swear to god everyone in this site is so fucking disingenuous, like alot of you guys always go to the lowest possible ends for scaling because of the smallest inconsistencies.

I mean, it really speaks volumes this isn't even the 20th time I've seen a user explicitly blow up and state this being a general issue of Spacebattles' Versus Section yet not only does no one learn from it, they lean into it even harder than ever before...
Like there's no reason to visit it's VS. Section at all nor is it even the sites' best claim to fame(That's it's Creative Writing Section), yet again, they keep proclaiming this shit even when it doesn't even make sense if you just think about it for 2 seconds.

I'm truly amazed that people still argue that everyone and their mums are supersonic in Naruto, given the absolute ocean of virtual ink that has been spilled proving otherwise.

...Yeah, they are faster than supersonic and only a dumbass will say otherwise... this isn't knew nor native to only Naruto, this issue happens in fiction because not all authors give a fuck about powerscaling or tend to realize what they are putting down =/= what they want to show how their world operates.

There are literally dozens of quantifiable feats, running the gamut from gravity-based calculations, contextual information, character statements, databook entries, and comments from the author himself, which all very strongly support the idea that even high tier ninja only operate at speeds in the low hundreds of kilometers per hour at best.

That's like a massive fucking lie right there and it's a major reason why any credible VS. site tend to go with Feats over Statements for that precise reason(Unless you are Spacebattles and tend to do exactly what the user in my last post stated). The Author is not infallible and can make genuine mistakes(Akira Toriyama sucks at Math which is why he stopped using numbers entirely, Kinoko Nasu tends to use "Faster Than Sound" and Mach because that's how you can easily understand the basic speeds he wants to show off, Gege literally doesn't understand the Infinite Number Series and admits he's also terrible at Math). Contextual Information can be a blessing or a curse depending on what happens and some authors are terrible at scaling shit(Like Nakaba is).
In laymen's terms, this shit isn't helping your point.

Zabuza's favorite technique (throwing up mist to disguise him while he sneaks up on his opponents) is dependent on him being subsonic, or else he could simply rush his enemies faster than the sound of his movements could reach them.

Unless he's also facing equally skilled Ninja... dumbass.

Every single jump that Zabuza and Kakashi pull off in their fight involve clearly visible arcs and cover distances in the low tens of meters at best, which puts their speed at 3-4 times the fastest humans. This trend of quantifiable leaps that are clearly subsonic is something that continues throughout the entire series.

Then ignore the fodder who can instantly vanish from view and jump hundreds of feet in the air and cover insane distances instantly like in the Sand Invasion Arc...

Dosu states that the speed of sound is 'a wall,' that ninja can't break past.

Yes, someone who literally is barely a Genin states that, it must suddenly be true right? But then Sasuke was able to bypass a Sonic Attack with his Cursed Seal... and other Ninja(and later Naruto) is able to easily match and surpass Sasuke on that alone... yeah, that doesn't track at all.

Tayuya's whole fighting style is likewise dependent on her and pretty much all other ninja being very subsonic, or else the delay introduced by needing to command her golems with music turns her into a joke. Mook91 did a whole thread on this subject.

Mook91 is the biggest RWBY wanker and otherwise a general downplayer that should be laughed at. If Chakra can literally create Elements and make people turn into Carbon and Steel, what makes you think that Chakra cannot enhance Sound in many ways, including speed wise?

The novels outright state that a supersonic kunai is far too fast for any ordinary ninja to react to.

This is class act why statements like these make no sense and this is why VS. debates are going straight to hell in a handbasket:
It's obvious as hell this statement makes no sense if you think about it for a second(What the hell does it mean by ordinary? Does it mean ANBU Black Ops? ROOT Ninja? Chunin and Genin? They was still able to move as fast as Sound on plenty of ocassions, if not faster due to fighting Sound Ninja in the Sand Invasion as is) but instead, we have this nonsense being peddled as if it's true because it was stated rather than making sense.

Sasuke, someone who is noted for his speed even compared to other S-class ninja, has been calc'd as 'only' moving at a bit more than 200kph by Goji.

So we should trust Goji on this? Someone who does downplay Naruto whenever he can for consistency's sake?

Even fairly late in the series Kakashi states that he can operate without sight by simply using his hearing to compensate, which again requires that both he and his opponents are operating well below the speed of sound.

Yes because Superhumans can't ever compensate for their hearing that way even if it makes no sense "physics wise"(Even though fiction as a whole never obeyed the laws the same way the real world does... oops).

People start using guns in the Boruto era, and they're actually a very useful tool at range even against high tier ninja, with Boruto in particular being forced to dive for cover rather than contemptuously outrunning the bullets.

Yeah, a random ass kid has to duck for cover means Bullets > Ninjas...
Seriously, this is the same Boruto who can take attacks that makes Bullets seem like nothing and live from it.

And most importantly for the purposes of this thread, the whole Pain fight screams at the viewer over and over that every character involved is subsonic- they have to be, or the entire arc in question just completely fails to make sense. Again, Mook91 did a thread on this subject, and the results were pretty conclusive.

Or maybe, just maybe the issue isn't reaching God Realm but defeating him in 5 seconds... a Realm that is just as powerful if not moreso than the other Realms and won't stand there like a lemming to be killed...
Seriously, it makes no sense at all to harp on that shit outside of jokes.

And just as a quick sanity-check, I hope everybody here realizes that anyone who can break the sound barrier is necessarily capable of leaping multiple kilometers in a single bound. To put that into perspective, the Empire State Building is 444 meters high. If Pain was able to break the sound barrier, he wouldn't just be able to hop to the summit of the Empire State Building in one go, he'd be able to do the same even if you stacked three or four Empire State buildings on top of each other! Since not one of his actual jumping feats is even near that level, that pretty clearly implies he's not remotely fast enough to do such a thing.

Yeah because only being able to leap high means you cannot run as faster or faster than that... despite how leg strength usually also helps with running speed too...

Long story short, Pain is not only not supersonic, he's probably not even breaking past the 200kph mark. If anyone has a speed advantage here, it's 100% Endeavour, given that he's able to consistently fight against opponents who are incontrovertibly past the speed of sound.

giphy.gif

Congrats, you proved why SB is such a garbage site in one single post, proving mine and the user's post above mine on why it's such a fucking mess.

EDIT: Seriously, it makes sense for KCM2 Naruto and others to be super duper fast and way into hypersonic... but it doesn't work for Pain and the other Shinobi who can still react to those characters? I legit want someone who agrees with this idiot to look at my post and really think how stupid it is to believe this shit based on statements that doesn't work and truly to apply Real World Physics to fiction haphazardly and believe it on nothing else but a lie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back