• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Circus of Humorous & Humiliating Arguments Part 4 Part 2: Electric Boogaloo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
people saying accelerator can't handle spatial shit because of him failing against Curtana Original is like saying someone's weak to fire because they can't handle a supernova going off in their face :tupac

(ignoring the fact that it also has the whole "conceptual precedence" aspect attached to it as well, iirc, making it even harder to block or deflect)

Last edited:

ZenithXAbyss

Illustrious
My job is only to cook, you guys handle the cleaning.
OIG.JOa2dRG1xUEoaH2F8wAW

:jordangif

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
since the official translation of Vento Aureo finished I read it yesterday, and while looking to see if some other artbook info on GER had been translated came across this lol

Insane cope to try and say GER didn't activate its power in erased time, like, how the hell do you come to that conclusion even if you don't buy the infinite speed stuff??? If it didn't activate its power in erased time, its effects would not have resolved until afterwards, like Sticky Fingers' did since it wasn't able to act in that void.

GER speaking to Diavolo in the erased time shoots this down anyways, that has nothing to do with him negating events.
Important to note, despite what many say, GER never moves or even speaks until AFTER King Crimson's world of erased time is completely undone

Just straight up not true
0148-012.png

It's not like the "Diavolo temporal copies" are perceivable in normal time either. If GER was just activating before KC erased time, why would GER have free movement in this temporally displaced junction? Just doesn't add up and feels like far more of a reach than taking Diavolo's word at face value.

Also, Official translations also seem to make it clearer his time erasure is universal at least, so that's nice
0081-011.png

Looked at the Bruno scans he posted and I'm pretty sure Diavolo just straight up...doesn't erase Bruno's actions here?
0082-013.png

0082-014.png

The "Trail of Brunos" is the motion of each instant of action he makes in time, Diavolo just stepped out of the way. Even if he did erase time here and the action still "happened" for some reason (the manga is inconsistent about this to be fair, when he erases time against Risotto, the bullets pass straight through him because the time they'd hit him didn't exist), this is clearly not the same thing that happens with GER, as Diavolo is seeing his trail of actions in erased time there and is shocked GER can move so????

Just feels like all these years later, people are still pressed GER will probably never be surpassed in the series.

OtherGalaxy

V.I.P. Member
Also something else I just realized regarding None stats vs Infinite speed, JoJo A GoGo says the stats are None because GER cannot be compared to any existing Stand measurement. Notorious BIG having infinite speed was also in Part 5 so even though JoJo A GoGo predates Part 6, that should at least be valid.

OtherGalaxy

V.I.P. Member
0083-020.png

official translation also specifies the time erasure affects all living beings "near and far" so yeah it's not some kind of localized effect, it never was but it's good to have clear direct confirmation its range is universal like Star Platinum and The World's

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
since the official translation of Vento Aureo finished I read it yesterday, and while looking to see if some other artbook info on GER had been translated came across this lol

Insane cope to try and say GER didn't activate its power in erased time, like, how the hell do you come to that conclusion even if you don't buy the infinite speed stuff??? If it didn't activate its power in erased time, its effects would not have resolved until afterwards, like Sticky Fingers' did since it wasn't able to act in that void.

GER speaking to Diavolo in the erased time shoots this down anyways, that has nothing to do with him negating events.

Just straight up not true
0148-012.png

It's not like the "Diavolo temporal copies" are perceivable in normal time either. If GER was just activating before KC erased time, why would GER have free movement in this temporally displaced junction? Just doesn't add up and feels like far more of a reach than taking Diavolo's word at face value.

Also, Official translations also seem to make it clearer his time erasure is universal at least, so that's nice
0081-011.png

Looked at the Bruno scans he posted and I'm pretty sure Diavolo just straight up...doesn't erase Bruno's actions here?
0082-013.png

0082-014.png

The "Trail of Brunos" is the motion of each instant of action he makes in time, Diavolo just stepped out of the way. Even if he did erase time here and the action still "happened" for some reason (the manga is inconsistent about this to be fair, when he erases time against Risotto, the bullets pass straight through him because the time they'd hit him didn't exist), this is clearly not the same thing that happens with GER, as Diavolo is seeing his trail of actions in erased time there and is shocked GER can move so????

Just feels like all these years later, people are still pressed GER will probably never be surpassed in the series.

Niggas on reddit reading the manga with their fucking eyes closed

Niggas on reddit reading the manga with their fucking eyes closed

It's why I don't argue with people on Reddit and laugh at anyone who takes what is primarily said there like it's something important.

I saw that @Proto234 brought in some Nasuverse Respect Threads from Reddit and we wondered who the hell was cooking that shit as it was not using the official translation at all... and we realized it was 2 years out of date and used early translations at that :jordangif

Never trust that shit

yea but the point is that Maho's adaptation is still technically the best, GH is better for tanking or immunity, but Adaptation is better cause it can augment the user offensively or defensively

...I swear to god, these users are losing brain cells something fierce because they are sniffing Mahoraga's highs in practice without realizing in execution, it's absolute ass.
It takes FOREVER to actually adapt offensively or defensively which is an eternity in a high pitched battle. It only has it's own high stats relative to JJK to be able to take damage and deal with shit before it begins to adapt in the slightest. Meanwhile, God Hand is already insanely durable even BEFORE you get to the fact that it will automatically start gaining resistances to whatever hurt it AND revives you 12 times. Even in an equal stats scenario, how the hell do we believe Mahoraga will be able to bypass God Hand in any meaningful way?

Death dealing is also getting no love when frankly GH has no way to beat it the instant it gets going
giphy.gif

No it wouldn't, not even in the best case scenario would Death Dealing cripple a God Hand user.

All a DD user would need to do is just affect a GH users tolerance of 12 different elements and theyd die Im fairly sure anyway :oldshrug

justin-timberlake-stare.gif

So literally say bullshit and somehow, the God Hand user just dies because "They got affected by 12 different ways to die and just die", what the fuck happened at FV?

If DD killed a GH user by lowering their tolerance for their own blood, then GH would then come back in its next life immune to dying to its own blood, but then DD can just switch to oxygen...Then nitrogen...Then reiastu itself/mana...And so on. GH will be immune to the element that killed them, not DDs ability to designate ANY element as fatal to the GH user.

The user would literally be immune the instant they get affected by the Death Dealing, that's precisely what God Hand does, what nonsense is this shit?

Meanwhile all DD needs to do is grant its user tolerance to whats powering a GH users attacks once and nothing they have will ever affect the DD user again.

Meanwhile, the user gets cleaved in half in one blow before they could adapt to it...

Masterblack06

Man of Atom

...I swear to god, these users are losing brain cells something fierce because they are sniffing Mahoraga's highs in practice without realizing in execution, it's absolute ass.
It takes FOREVER to actually adapt offensively or defensively which is an eternity in a high pitched battle. It only has it's own high stats relative to JJK to be able to take damage and deal with shit before it begins to adapt in the slightest. Meanwhile, God Hand is already insanely durable even BEFORE you get to the fact that it will automatically start gaining resistances to whatever hurt it AND revives you 12 times. Even in an equal stats scenario, how the hell do we believe Mahoraga will be able to bypass God Hand in any meaningful way?

giphy.gif

No it wouldn't, not even in the best case scenario would Death Dealing cripple a God Hand user.

justin-timberlake-stare.gif

So literally say bullshit and somehow, the God Hand user just dies because "They got affected by 12 different ways to die and just die", what the fuck happened at FV?

The user would literally be immune the instant they get affected by the Death Dealing, that's precisely what God Hand does, what nonsense is this shit?

Meanwhile, the user gets cleaved in half in one blow before they could adapt to it...
I like ho the GH user is just standing there letting himself die

These niggas on that SB level of thinking

DD nor Adaptation is survivng that Arrow that archer hit berserker with

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
I don't even get how it's a discussion to begin with

all 3 powers let you adapt to shit, sure

but only God Hand outright nullifies shit that doesn't meet a certain level of oomph behind it (and that's before the adaptation comes into play) and only God Hand gives the user 11 additional lives if you do manage to die

it's damn near objectively better in every way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back