• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Circus of Humorous & Humiliating Arguments Part 4 Part 2: Electric Boogaloo

Status
Not open for further replies.
I legit want to ask a Spacebattles Demon Slayer fanboy(It can be Starsight or whoever else) one thing and one thing only:

How fast and strong do they really think Demon Slayer is?

Because the constant pontification of doing the most insane levels of scaling to believe Yoriichi, someone who has no real feats whatsoever, can clear Metal Gear Rising is just insane to me.
They treat a small building laced with decent metal and concrete no differently than a Metal Gear RAY built with Carbon Nanotube Muscle Fibers(which needless to say is INSANELY durable compared to any equivalent factor while being ludicrously flexible) and extra armor at that.
That's something Raiden before his MGR upgrade and Sam took down effortlessly and Armstrong legit can not only keep up with both but beat both of their asses just as easily.

EDIT: I decided to go do some research on the tensile strength of Carbon Nanotubes and HOO BOY:

Carbon nanotubes are the strongest and stiffest materials yet discovered in terms of tensile strength and elastic modulus. This strength results from the covalent sp2 bonds formed between the individual carbon atoms. In 2000, a multiwalled carbon nanotube was tested to have a tensile strength of 63 gigapascals (9,100,000 psi).[3] (For illustration, this translates into the ability to endure tension of a weight equivalent to 6,422 kilograms-force (62,980 N; 14,160 lbf) on a cable with cross-section of 1 square millimetre (0.0016 sq in)). Further studies, such as one conducted in 2008, revealed that individual CNT shells have strengths of up to ≈100 gigapascals (15,000,000 psi), which is in agreement with quantum/atomistic models.[51] Because carbon nanotubes have a low density for a solid of 1.3 to 1.4 g/cm3,[52] its specific strength of up to 48,000 kN·m·kg−1 is the best of known materials, compared to high-carbon steel's 154 kN·m·kg−1.

Yeah, ain't no way in hell anyone in Demon Slayer matching this level of force, ain't no fucking way.

Last edited:
It's honestly insane to me because it feels like they legit pull shit out of their asses to justify it. I have seen them scale it from absolutely nothing, do extremely calc stacking, completely taking shit at their word with no evidence, Spacebattles competence, etc, etc. and it's like:

Dude, we've seen the feats in Demon Slayer, none of this shit comes off as massive in any freaking way. It's like directly scaling Kojirou to Artoria because "He kept up with her" when we know it's literally skills and parries that allows that(as the instant he legit clashes, she easily causes his blade to bend because surprise Artoria >>> Kojirou in strength) and Demon Slayer follows that precise deal when we see the Blades be easily chipped by rocks(Which is what Inosuke does to get his blades to have notches amongst many, many other times their blades break hitting something seriously tough).

It's like they fully bought into their own hype without realizing alot of the feats in Demon Slayer is just middle of the road and barely at that. It's literally just the bullshit with Overlord all over again.

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
of course they tried to slide jojo in there while clearly not knowing what they're talking about since GER and MiH are the only universe level characters in it in anything other than range

also not that I like VSB's system at all but that isn't what 'outerversal' even means in their terms

@OtherGalaxy @B Rabbit You guys should actually learn to read it first.
The dude is primarily complaining about the VSB-Spacebattles-Reddit way of doing VS. debates and that's where most of the agreements lie.
It's basically people artificially inflating or downplaying feats because they look less at the characters themselves and just the abilities they do and then stretch it beyond the pale(Look at what's happening with Bleach for that to be the easiest case.), making the hobby boring as shit.

It's like people look at Death Battle for the inflated numbers and not the actual fight itself which has the characters act in character(To the best of their ability).

OtherGalaxy

V.I.P. Member
he should know what he’s actually talking about if he’s gonna throw shit their way. even if his main point i.e “people wank characters in ways that make no sense” is valid, it immediately looks bad when you demonstrate you don’t understand the examples you’re using

Like think of how people debate Overlord and believe Ainz's Grasp Heart will just work instantly(I mean by activate instantly even on someone like The Flash) on anyone and everything, his abilities are somehow on D&D's level because "it's somewhat based on it and have the same skill names" despite barely being shown and his TGOLAID just kills everything.

Or how you have "Complex Multiversal Nasuverse" because people read way too deeply into dimensional tiering and ignore not all series work the same(Of course, this has the inverse effect later but sure whatever).

he should know what he’s actually talking about if he’s gonna throw shit their way. even if his main point i.e “people wank characters in ways that make no sense” is valid, it immediately looks bad when you demonstrate you don’t understand the examples you’re using

Honestly, I'm not saying his example isn't stupid because yes, it does miss the reason why D4C and GER have Universal reach. I would say the same thing if we went to the usual Nasuverse downplay store(and I'm 100% certain there are people in that Thread saying that same thing) but like I said before, most of the comments are pointing out the fact that the actual character, interactions with the world and the limits of abilities in that world have basically been removed for "This character wins because if you stretch X, Y and Z together, this dude is omniversal" something like this:
Screenshot_20231027_110440_TikTok.jpg
Screenshot_20231027_110448_TikTok.jpg
Screenshot_20231027_110455_TikTok.jpg

You really lose what makes VS. Debates fun for "Wank/Downplay Olympics" and forcing shit to work in a way for a character to win.

OtherGalaxy

V.I.P. Member
Like I said the core point “wankers suck and ruin this hobby and have no consideration for what makes sense” is fine

he just then throws out several examples showing they weren’t familiar with which makes your point look bad. We are all guilty of this to some degree, and if somebody calls me out on that then it’s deserved. I’m just responding in turn. His universal Gappy argument doesn’t make much sense as if you’ve read Part 8…the character obviously isn’t universe level. “Universal JoJo characters” vs “some idiots wanked this jojo character to universe level” are really different thinngs

>Nero has Plot powers, she defeated everyone with the powers of plot
:grimgio :giogio

Like Blaze and someone else is bitching about this too but it kinda surprises me that they really cannot understand a few things:

1. Nero in Extella has 1/3rd of the Regalia backing her up... and she had to sacrifice it entirely to defeat her(Not to mention it's an explicit issue of Altera's that she tends to let her guard down after a Teardrop Photon Ray on "weak targets" which is why she lost to Nero and Tamamo in all 3 routes)

2. Nero is a Beast Candidate and even FGO shows she radiates Magical Energy which most likely stems from her past of drinking from Grails

3. Imperial Privilege is broken as fuck(Which hilariously isn't even the only time it happens in canon that a seemingly normal Skill is just insanely broken in execution... Pioneer of The Stars anyone?)
Imperial Privilege: EX
With the person themselves asserting that they have it, even Skills that are essentially unable to be possessed by them can be acquired only for a short time. The relevant Skills are Riding, Swordsmanship, Fine Arts, Charisma, Military Tactics, and so forth. In cases where the Rank is A or above, even those that are a burden to the body (such as Divinity) can be acquired.[1]
(This also ignores the fact that Nero's Noble Phantasm actually WEAKENS people in it which makes her defeating people like Gawain and Altera make a bit more sense, not all the way sense but makes sense.)

Like I was going to bring in them acting like Bennu wasn't sped up to an insane degree and carried a fuckton of KE that Excalibur still overcame(But again, Spacebattles doesn't understand the concept of KE as shown plenty of times) but this never stops getting stupid to see(Especially since Nero and Nero Bride has plenty of losses to her name despite "plot power")

Gauntlet Style

The Defenders:
  1. Five Kage (4th shinobi war)
  2. Juubito, Juudara, Naruto and Sasuke
  3. Kara (except Isshiki)
  4. Kaguya, Momoshiki, Toneri and Isshiki

The Invaders:
teamA.png

:jordangif :risigif:maury:forizzle

Dude, what fucking lineup is this shit?!
Like no shot, Gilgamesh and Enkidu rocks the entire verse alone(Unless you believe the stupidity about the Okutsuki "God") but you then include Quetzalcoatl, King Hassan, Super Karna and Beast VI Draco all at once?!

This is just insanity, what the fuck?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back