• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Circus of Humorous & Humiliating Arguments Part 4 Part 2: Electric Boogaloo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Randomdude

Preeminent

I mean as I mentioned he's not wrong? If ainz is able to get off time stop it really just comes down to if anything in his arsenal will work and 99% of his arsenal is totally out of context for monsterverse godzilla.

Like the main argument for why ainz loses is simply godzilla is strong and it's a nlf to assume ainz abilities would work, which I don't disagree with but simply isn't a strong argument/seems just as valid as assuming one of ainz ocp would work because they simply don't exist in godzillas universe.

There isn't evidence that ainz powers would work on something as powerful as godzilla but there's also no evidence godzilla is immune to or resistant to powers like soul burning, soul devouring, death magic etc. They're both arguments based in incrudelity and lack of evidence.

And again it's worth noting unlike zilla ainz will actually probably recognize his opponent due to the authors obsession with refrences.

Speed wise Im not quite sure how fast zilla is in monsterverse but if he's not right on top of ainz I don't think he'll be able to kill ainz before he's stopped time/teleported. Especially as ainz is a lot smaller then most of godzilla's normal foes. He can also teleport, turn invisible, and most importantly stop time and cast spells during said time stop. Enough to turn a 100 meter tall monster into a giant christmas tree.

Last edited:

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member

Godzilla can fire at mach 47. Ainz won't even have time to use time stop or ID before getting a taste of that blue MTN dew.

Randomdude

Preeminent

Godzilla can fire at mach 47. Ainz won't even have time to use time stop or ID before getting a taste of that blue MTN dew.
I mean he doesn't constantly fire that powerful a beam nor does he seem to be consistently moving that fast. (Well the beam seems like it's consistently fucking fast but ainz doesn't need to react to the beam to dodge/escape? He just needs to react to the giant glowing lizard opening it's mouth. Which again he kinda has some meta knowledge on due to godzilla being a media presence in his universe) Unless this fight starts with godzilla knowing exactly where ainz is and blasting the area before ainz has a chance to teleport/time stop (Which his beam seems to need a few seconds to charge when he uses it) ainz has all the time in the world.

Again I think most of this fight comes down to which you find more unbelievable, ainz powers working on something that strong, or godzilla being immune to things that don't exist in his universe.

Last edited:

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
I mean he doesn't constantly fire that powerful a beam nor does he seem to be consistently moving that fast. (Well the beam seems like it's consistently fucking fast but ainz doesn't need to react to the beam to dodge/escape? He just needs to react to the giant glowing lizard opening it's mouth. Which again he kinda has some meta knowledge on due to godzilla being a media presence in his universe) Unless this fight starts with godzilla knowing exactly where ainz is and blasting the area before ainz has a chance to teleport/time stop (Which his beam seems to need a few seconds to charge when he uses it) ainz has all the time in the world.

Again I think most of this fight comes down to which you find more unbelievable, ainz powers working on something that strong, or godzilla being immune to things that don't exist in his universe.
Seeing as how Godzilla can keep up with Kong and Ghidorah who can react and dodge his beam? His charge up is probably way faster than cinematic time shows.

Randomdude

Preeminent
Seeing as how Godzilla can keep up with Kong and Ghidorah who can react and dodge his beam? His charge up is probably way faster than cinematic time shows.
You could make that argument I don't like it because humans normal humans are able to witness, record and show footage of the kaiju fights in universe. If they're moving at mach 47 consistently Im pretty sure most cameras would simply show blurs if anything at all. They are 100% ridiculously fast for their size but Im not sure about them being that fast consistently

Though if you do stand by them being mach 47/able to fire beams in micro seconds ainz is absolutely fucked.

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
You could make that argument I don't like it because humans normal humans are able to witness, record and show footage of the kaiju fights. If they're moving at mach 47 consistently Im pretty sure most cameras would simply show blurs if anything at all.
1. There huge, perspective matters, even a fighter jet at mach 3 can seem "slow" if your far enough away and it's not coming straight for you.

2. Reaction speed =/= movement speed

Even in real life humans can react and have reflex that move faster than there movement speed.

In fiction you can have character react and dodge light speed attacks despite having bad movement speed. Same thing here.

Randomdude

Preeminent
We're really using the old argument of "the attack looks slow in the movie so it must be actually slow" in order to give Overlord a W are we :wack
If you accept that king kong and zill fight at mach fourty seven and zill can fire his beam in micro seconds at any given time then ainz is fucked. Im not gonna argue that, I just don't really agree with it based on how they're presented in universe. They're already stupidly fast if you go purely off what they're shown to do/move in the film without any argument about cinematic time dilation.

(My argument is not that the beam is slow but godzilla glows bright blue for seconds before he fires and is not as fast as his beam itself, I figured ainz could use that as an indication to cast time stop/teleport as again he very likely has meta knowledge of godzilla. If you accept that godzilla can charge/fire much faster then we see in the movies due to cinematic time dilation ainz is fucked. Just as he's fucked if you assume godzilla's sheer power makes him immune to everything ainz has)

Last edited:

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
I mean that's the same as saying

"Ainz can kill Galactus cause he hasn't shown resistance to this very specific and weird form of Instant Death"

You run into nlfs that way. Ainz just hasn't got the feats to kill big G.

Randomdude

Preeminent
I mean that's the same as saying

"Ainz can kill Galactus cause he hasn't shown resistance to this very specific and weird form of Instant Death"

You run into nlfs that way. Ainz just hasn't got the feats to kill big G.
Im pretty galactus has run into every hax under the sun it's a very poor argument because it's not just galactus power but where and what he is in his own verse which is full of hax and abilities well beyond ainz. He doesn't exist in a world completely lacking the concept of magic/hax/souls.

Godzilla does not exist in a world with soul rending/death magic etc. Godzilla doesn't even have hax in his verse from what we've seen. It's all biggatons in the monsterverse. Godzilla's soul is never touched on, his ability to survive having his soul ripped out/eaten/burned away is never mentioned. Literally no information is known about how he'd interact with esoteric magic (Unless something happened in the films I missed)

Like I said it is literally down to which you find less believable, ainz being able to affect something as strong as zilla with his magic, or zilla resisting things that don't exist in his universe. Neither can be right or wrong because both arguments fundamentally rely on the lack of information and evidence.

You can't find a quote about monsterverse zilla resisting having his soul ripped out, just I can't find you a quote about ainz insta killing a continental level monster. They are both fundamentally arguments based in incredulity and lack of information.

Last edited:

Randomdude

Preeminent
To get away from this debate a bit how about we look at the kaiju sized monsters in overlord, so far we know of three with definitive sizes.

The great evil tree standing at 100 meters with six over 300 meter long tentacles

Cure elim within his zombified armor, standing at 150 meters in length from head to foot, not accounting for tail length.

And finally the undisputed winner, hamsukes parents, said reside at the bottom of the great dwarvern rift, and measuring at least in the original plan for them over a kilometer in length each.

Which has some horrifying implications about what will happen if hamsuke starts reproducing a lot of children for the world at large.

Last edited:

D2002

To get away from this debate a bit how about we look at the kaiju sized monsters in overlord, so far we know of three with definitive sizes.

The great evil tree standing at 100 meters with six over 300 meter long tentacles

Cure elim within his zombified armor, standing at 150 meters in length from head to foot, not accounting for tail length.

And finally the undisputed winner, hamsukes parents, said reside at the bottom of the great dwarvern rift, and measuring at least in the original plan for them over a kilometer in length each.

Which has some horrifying implications about what will happen if hamsuke starts reproducing a lot of children for the world at large.
You miss the heavenly dragon lord

Doronbo_Shirake

悩ましポーズ
I found this old thread on comicvine:
NighThunder

buu absorbs thor. Then stomps everyone

I don't think so. In Thor Annual #14, Thor resisted Demogorge's absorption and briefly took control of his body:

oc81PpT.jpg

Whe6dIS.jpg

4FXEwom.jpg

vAdg3w2.jpg

What do you think?

I'd still say Sukuna could tank that attack

The attack:

0406-004.png

Man, I keep saying it again and again that JJK fanboys are the worst... even if we was to believe that the attack is on similar ground to Hollow Purple 200%, Sukuna didn't tank it, he got grievously messed up by it, so much so he had to reincarnate against Kashimo to stand a chance afterwards...
This isn't something the man can tank... but these are the same people who believe Gojo and Sukuna can somehow take out Archer, Lancer and Dark Sakura then act as if any JJK character can reproduce what Kuzuki and Rin can do casually...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back