• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Circus of Humorous & Humiliating Arguments Part 4 Part 2: Electric Boogaloo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
Characters like Accelerator certainly are OP as hell by Nasuverse standards but not unbeatable it just takes either the god tiers of the Nasuverse (with their haxs) or exploiting his weakness which is easier said than done but still possible you also have the fact that Goetia and his time hax stonewalls a majority of the Toaruverse, including Accelerator, Ollerus and I'm pretty sure Fiamma as well though I haven't read OT to confirm Fiamma but the minority that have defenses against his hax shit all over him.

Again, Ollerus is an arbitrarily weaker Othinus (I'd post the quote where he's said to have the powers of a Magic God much like Othinus, but "lesser", if I could find it).

Goetia would not stonewall Ollerus, just as Othinus would not be stonewalled by him either.

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member

"Maybe that would change if you actually played a game of D&D"

Says the guy whose logic would have the average person in D&D die to a 10 foot fall if we're taking hit points/damage numbers at face value? :giogio

The average commoner has about 4 hit points on average.

You take 1d6 points of damage for every 10 feet you fall (as per the Player's Handbook, page 183).

I'd say he's being silly, but this is some genuine grade A clown shit.

Last edited:
The players usually can only encounter the aspects of Leviathan between level 14 to level 20. Normal aspects are at least city level. Advanced aspects are country level or higher.

Allabar is usually encountered by players between level 24 to level 30 in 4e.

King of time

Exceptional
Season 5 No GIF by The Office

Flowering Knight

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
"Maybe that would change if you actually played a game of D&D"
Didn't read the rest of the post again because, why the fuck would I need to, but I find this argument hilarious when you consider the following:

-All of his knowledge very obviously comes from exclusively 5E which was notorious for nerfing the fuck out of all player characters (goes into the thread too, all the good shit I find comes from before 5E)
-All of his logic very clearly assumes the characters are either low level or naked because high level characters may as well be dressed up like Christmas trees with how many magic items they have, and it's those magic items that can cause a class as shitty as the fighter to turn into a teleporting, coked-out blender with a lightsaber basically
-The dude has seriously never played that many games of D&D if he hasn't come across any powergamers who will abuse the everloving fuck out of the game's mechanics to play as Super Hawkeye and deal 500+ damage shooting some guy with a longbow 12 times in the span of 6 seconds. Unironically this last point is the sort of autism that also led to the conception of Pathfinder and why that game is still relevant.

Again, I'm not going over the obvious shit that we all know that happens to fall under how the OBD operates, which is to say at least better than the bunch of absolute troglodytes you see on Reddit. I'm just autistically hyperfocused on this one quote because all it does is tell me that this guy probably watched some Critical Role, looked at the rules a couple times, or played exclusively in low level campaigns with no magic items with theater kids that don't know how to play the game because D&D has always from the very beginning been a "zero-to-hero" game. Remember what I said about fighters being shitty earlier? Even from the start, one of their levels was straight up called "Superhero." It's not even the highest on the list.
rookie-1.jpg

Shit damn, if we want to talk about fighters exclusively, how about we talk about the part where the 2E PHB lists multiple mythological figures as being fighters, including Hercules, Cu Chulainn, and Beowulf. They were intended to be superhuman from the word "go."
Untitled.png

This does leave us with some questions. Why am I still engaging with this farce? Why am I suddenly only using gameplay mechanics? And most importantly: I thought I wasn't paying attention to any of this? Lemme answer those questions one by one:

1: Because while, I assume, he know a good amount about Overlord, certainly a lot more than I do after I dropped the series myself, he doesn't actually know that much about the other series he's debating with, and I have a problem with that. I don't even know what his points are, I'm just throwing shit out there like a chimpanzee who's tired of dealing with all the tourists watching him go to the bathroom.
2: Legit for no other reason than to flex.
3: I wasn't, I've been ignoring every single Reddit embed this entire time but that one line happened to get quoted and my autism kicked in and now we're left with this post.

I could talk about other shit like how a bunch of gods from various mythologies were officially statted out with the expectation that D&D characters were going to kick their asses, or how high level characters can fall from orbit and walk it off, or even the existence of monks in general, but I'd rather bring that up in a debate with someone who has actually played a game of D&D that revolves around running around and killing shit. Which, when you go back to its roots, is exactly what the game was made for, by the way.

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
But what are Cooler strength feats ? DragonBall character lack in pure strength feats. Goku was struggling in the other world to lift like 100tons while a viltrumite has bein shown to lift quadrillion of tons.
Thragg was also surviving much longer then Cooler in the sun implying higher durability. It all comes down to Coolers energy attacks, if he can hit Thragg with a powerful death ball or something.Knowing Thraggs character he won't let Cooler charge any attacks.
Using the 100 ton Goku thing unironically in 2024? :heston

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back