• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Circus of Humorous & Humiliating Arguments Part 4 Part 2: Electric Boogaloo

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah at some point you gotta accept that it's fiction, and it's made to show us fantastic things that can't happen in real life

i'm not gonna drag all of SB into that, but we've all seen plenty of threads of that not being the case there

Yeah, I may say "SB" in a general sense, but there are people there that aren't stupid and realize how retarded alot of the arguments are being used in there. However, the reason I do use SB in a general sense is because not only is it allowed in there, it's all but vindicated to basically to do the shit they do because the mods will tend to ban anyone for any reason and it usually pops up when you basically point out how dumb an argument is.

So you end up with people who basically just denies fiction for any and every reason to go "Physics and Science don't work that way"(When hilariously they actually do to certain extents) only to then unironically work with feats that absolutely bend physics and science beneath the sink with no irony(Literally everything Saitama does was this even when people brought up how stupid it is to act like it applies to him and his punches when they wouldn't).

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
Like I get it, you need some level of grounded science to discuss this kind of topic. But you're also dealing with large bodies of work that at best play loose with those rules, and that has to be recognized too.

Randomdude

Preeminent
Looks at overlord where the author when questioned on the physics of his world simply stated the world was magic and they might as well not exist..... Sometimes you just gotta accept what your shown because the author didn't make it with the idea of standing up to deep analysis.

ChaosTheory123

Distinguished
V.I.P. Member
Looks at overlord where the author when questioned on the physics of his world simply stated the world was magic and they might as well not exist..... Sometimes you just gotta accept what your shown because the author didn't make it with the idea of standing up to deep analysis.
Like, I was watching the Netflix Bastard!! anime and the Helloween clash between DS and Nei was treated as dramatic because the energy had to go somewhere once the magic was cast and couldn’t just be canceled

Like, Hagiwara, dude, you just described part of conservation of energy. That ain’t special to magic

Like, I was watching the Netflix Bastard!! anime and the Helloween clash between DS and Nei was treated as dramatic because the energy had to go somewhere once the magic was cast and couldn’t just be canceled

Like, Hagiwara, dude, you just described part of conservation of energy. That ain’t special to magic

It's hilariously the same shit with sometimes in the Nasuverse, 2 Noble Phantasms clash(Siegfried's and Tametomo's NPs in Traum) and they cancel each other out so well, it's just a shockwave and they are gone so people act like it's weak because no "big explosion" when that's equally still conservation of energy and has a basis in real life phenomena.

Randomdude

Preeminent
Yeah people be weird with how they treat things/examine series.

(TBF to anyone who questions overlord, Im still not sure how overlords world fuctions without air resistance for objects in free fall "But seemingly it still exist for objects not in free fall? Zesshi explicitly breaks the sound barrier in volume 16. And ainz creates a vacuum in the wake of his kick in volume 7, something that wouldn't be possible without air resistance" but the author doesn't give enough of a fuck to explain beyond magic) Sorry I like overlord but I STILL DONT GET WHY THE AUTHORS DONE THIS TO HIS WORLD, I HONESTLY THINK HE JUST WANTED TO FUCK WITH HIS READERS

Last edited:

The fastest version I've ever seen him using was one with 3 lines which is still slower than okutsu. overall I think yuta takes the majority.

There's also the interaction that could happen when the Domain and UBW clash.
I know a Domain and a Reality marble are a little different to each other but there is similarity enough:
If two Reality Marbles are deployed at the same time what'll usually happen is that the stronger one wins.

Does Archer have anything that could oneshot Yuta? If he does and if he's likely to use those very quickly then he may win however this depends on his physical stats too. If he's too physically weak Yuta could summon Rika behind him to crush him.

I love when @Masterblack06 told me we don't know jackshit about Yuta's Domain Expansion outside of it being a discount Unlimited Blade Works, yet Spacebattles is not only going hard in on pretending Yuta is any kind of threat, but somehow Yuta will win in a clash between his DE and Archer's RM.
:forizzle

This is some absolute favoritism at play.

Both series have different ways of settling that tho. In JJK Sukuna has twice as much CE as Yuta and yet his domain clashed evenly with Gojo's, mastery/skill is somewhat of a factor too iirc. And how much of a fuel tank Archer has depends on master/grail/counterforce, etc

...Really shows that even with someone trying to play favorites, it still is missing alot of very obvious holes like DE cost an absurd amount of CE to use, keep up and even messes up Techniques for a bit once it's done meanwhile Reality Marbles only cost so much Magical Energy to use because on Nasuverse Earth, it's getting crushed because it's interfering with the World and it takes like 10 minutes to disrupt it at best.

So there should be no real cost in Archer using his Reality Marble and Yuta is not on his level... oh wait, this is Spacebattles who are somehow bigger fanboys than the actual JJK Redditors, of course they are backing Yuta hard here.

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
the funniest thing about all this is that Sukuna noticed Yuji was in the domain and even though hes lost 2 eyes and its fighting Yuta he still had to hate on Yuji before the chapter ended
:heston

Randomdude

Preeminent

:jordangif :risigif:maury
Acting like 99% of the power ups in series weren't nonsense.

I guess being fair Gohan, broly and freeza were all just "born" strong/with innate potential but gohan did need to train/have his power unlocked before he could make use of it. And at least in the original continuity broly was just patently completely fucking insane/enraged about goku screaming as a baby (Still the best cannon).

But even goku was born talented/strong, roshi took some ten odd years to master the kamahahama wave and goku nails it in five minutes. Vegeta is similarly born of noble/strong blood and is incredibly strong for a sayian.

A consistent theme throughout the series is bullshit power ups saving everyone's asses. Then those power ups eventually being replaced by better ones.

Why would Goku or Vegeta deserve it any more than them? They all have moments where they got BS power-ups for no reason. :heston

Because "We've seen them train, thus they earned it", nevermind...

• Neither Goku nor Vegeta learned Super Saiyan 2 on screen
  • Goku never learned SSJ3 on screen and Vegeta never learned SSJ3
  • Goku's "Training for SSJ4" is an absolute joke and a half and Vegeta literally cheats the shit
  • Goku's SSJG "Training" is... yeah and Vegeta doesn't even get that
  • We never see them train for SSJB
  • Goku literally just falls into UI(The Manga makes it worse) and Vegeta gets UE offscreen and it does jack shit)
  • The only goddamned training we legit get from Vegeta is his Ki Absorption and it never pops up again!

This isn't even getting into the fact that they are legit getting dumber or just absorbing shit from each other than ever "earning shit on screen". Gohan virtually learns everything we see of him onscreen including his Beast form and his potential is ALWAYS talked about and Broly is atleast a Mutant who survived on a horrific Death World like Vampa would give him far more onus than Goku and Vegeta currently are.

It's FGO being a bad medium compounded with the fact that RQ's most impressive feats are just him countering the abilities of enemies like Zeus and Chaos so that the Chaldea crew can swoop in and actually win.

RQ never has the opportunity to fight a peer opponent in a an extended fight like, for example, Thia did when fighting Enkidu, so even when the Olympus adaptation becomes a thing in five years gauging his exact power is probably nigh-impossible.

Like I get it... I genuinely get it, Visual - Light Novels aren't the best for getting fully concrete feats like anime and manga(Because it's ultimately up to the Illustrators and Animators to fit the tone of the scene the Writer wants and sometimes, it may not go right and that's for VNs)... but come the fuck on, all of Olympus literally builds upon how far Quirinus can go and how strong he is and even how long he can last in a fight.

And it's not like they are ever sincere when it comes to other characters like Yhwach or Ichibei for fuck's sake.

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Extreme diff.
Mid to High-diff.
:really
Base Barragan:
  • Casually blitzed Soi Fon in base.
  • Has a field around him that slows incoming opponents.
  • 2 Ranks higher
  • Needing anything more than low diff (arguably even no diff) to kill Base Ulquiorra?
:smh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back