• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Circus of Humorous & Humiliating Arguments Part 4 Part 2: Electric Boogaloo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
To be fair, Niang-Niang said that using that tree is bullshit for determining power levels. Going up the tree helps but so is just maximizing your full Magic potential at even a lower point of it

Most Accel has going for him is defeating a nerfed Nephthys who was mostly sandbagging the fight anyway
Doesn't matter.

My point was that Magic Gods fall under the Sephiroth.

And they do.

"Fixated on SB"

Outside the occassional venting, I only occassionally talk about SB, and update certain respect threads.

I think he means someone like me... which is ironic because it's the same thing a certain other person does(Which really shows that the apple doesn't fall far from the tree and you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make them drink).
It's funny because for all of their talk of me being "fixated on SB"... I'm not, they are just the easy target because going onto Reddit is a pain in my ass(WhoWouldWin alone would cause massive headaches, let alone going into any thread with Ainz), VSB can get way too dumb even for my taste(It loses it's luster real fast when most of the time people just hop into thinking that certain types of hax just wins battles even when that hax is blown way out of proportion or not as strong) and GameFAQs doesn't really do VS. debates anymore.

And alot of others cover Fanverse so outside of that is shit like CBR and otherwise and it's just more of not feeling it. It's always funny when people make something as simple as laziness come off far more insidious than it is right?(Besides, if they actually wasn't hypocrites of the highest degree, I wouldn't be doing this at all).

Made even more remarkable because in my very argument I call out this exact kind of behaviour or cropping out someone's argument and not addressing it in all disregard to how bad it can make you look.

It's funny I called him out just recently for doing this exact shit... and he does it again unironically... dude seriously never learns.

Xcano

Big condescending, pretentious post that outright calls the other poster a clown and your like is right there.
I mean, I guess? I think the post is pretty good, personally. There's a few potshots in there, yeah, but it's not like you're immune to those either. You're literally doing an extended ad hominem right now, lol. If the idea of calling something clownish behavior is  that stressful to you I guess I can avoid it, but I think you're being rather one-sided in its application. You are, literally, posting in a thread titled "Circus of Humorous & Humiliating Arguments".
YOU PURPOSEFULLY CUT OUT THAT ENTIRE PART OF MY ARGUMENT.
I mean, what exactly do you want me to say? "Yeah, Mook was out of line in that post where you can see he was infracted for being out-of-line"? This isn't relevant to the point I'm making at all. I'm saying you're overreacting, misinterpreting his posts, and that you spend a lot of time stewing over stuff that ultimately isn't that big of a deal. Posting a bunch of pages of people being kind of mean to you several years ago (and getting punished for it!) doesn't contradict or interact with what I'm saying at all, it just reinforces it.
I've spent too long being stonewalled and bullied by SB and I don't have a Reddit
I'm typing this on mobile and I'm too lazy to login on my computer. I also like the format of those sites more, and they're also where the posts you're complaining about are hosted. I think "I would prefer to discuss the Eternal Champion on the Eternal Champion thread" is an entirely reasonable request. I came here, after all. This is a place where if I search "Xcunto" I get multiple hits from you within the past year. I don't want to hear anything about decorum or bullying or whatever. Forgive me if it comes across as a bit crybullying-ish.

The thing is 5 years old anyways, you're not gonna get dogpiled or anything.

I mean, I guess? I think the post is pretty good, personally. There's a few potshots in there, yeah, but it's not like you're immune to those either. You're literally doing an extended ad hominem right now, lol. If the idea of calling something clownish behavior is  that stressful to you I guess I can avoid it, but I think you're being rather one-sided in its application. You are, literally, posting in a thread titled "Circus of Humorous & Humiliating Arguments".

Considering Spacebattles tried and failed to make similar threads and me going through other VS. Boards had people openly shame and shit on other users and places entirely? I don't see how this thread here is anymore terrible than the shit you see in ComicVine or Reddit.

I'm typing this on mobile and I'm too lazy to login on my computer. I also like the format of those sites more, and they're also where the posts you're complaining about are hosted. I think "I would prefer to discuss the Eternal Champion on the Eternal Champion thread" is an entirely reasonable request. I came here, after all. This is a place where if I search "Xcunto" I get multiple hits from you within the past year. I don't want to hear anything about decorum or bullying or whatever. Forgive me if it comes across as a bit crybullying-ish.

My Brother In Christ, I was made a pariah in Spacebattles and even to this day, I had someone in the FGO Discord in the Type-Moon section recognize me from you guys as if I just make shit up with no evidence...
You have no goddamned right to talk when that happened because I dared to be just like Stocking and not fall into the Kool-Aid you guys wanted me to be in.

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
8726827-9254563039-unkno.png

Ben Grimm > Pre-Retcon Beyonder 🙂

While I do believe people here will overestimate Agni, I also feel they are absolutely underestimating the Gauntlet.

1: Hisui
2: Kohaku
3: Noel (Human)
4: Akiha
5: Mario Gallo Bestino
6: Ciel
7: Noel (Vampire)
8: Vlov Arkhangel
9: Arcueid Brunestud (in her weakened state)
10: Roa
11: Shiki Tohno
12: Full-powered Arcueid

clears 1,2,3, and 5,.

Hisui and Kohaku, I can somewhat understand since they are not pure general fighters(They do have special abilities but not ones that make them Nasu-tier ludicrous). Human Noel I can equally get but I do believe Noel has ways to get him to not be able to move at all and can just leave him in an area he can't escape from.
Mario though? Nah, he's way too high up in the Burial Agency/Church and there's no way he doesn't have something that won't fuck over Agni.

Maybe also 11, I forget Agni's physicals

Ain't no way in fuck he's killing Shiki when that fucker fought Vlov with his 3000+ Celsius Flames and Near Absolute Zero-Tier Cold.

Not sure on what Akiha can do but based on the little I've heard I imagine she is where Agni would stop.

Atleast Imaginary isn't crazy enough to believe Agni would defeat Akiha...

He has a slight chance in six if he crosses the distance before Vlov uses his blue flames.

What?! Vlov literally has the heat advantage over him and he can literally absorb heat. Vlov is literally the WORST opponent Agni can face.

Just because Vlov can create 3000+ degrees C flames doesn't mean he's constantly using that on his body m?

Yes, he does? Vlov literally stores the heat he steals as a direct consequence of his true Principle(Hell, it's even stated to be a INEFFICIENT use of his Principle, meaning if he wasn't so gimped due to his weakened body, his Principle would be far more disasterous) which means that he would have to be really goddamned Cold due to how his shit works.

There's like no evidence he's continuously emitting that much heat on himself.

There is literally evidence that he's emitting that heat to himself all of the damn time, that's literally the whole reason why he isn't using his Principle properly.

Like, Vlov's flames are capable of damaging weakened Arcueid during the nighttime after a few seconds of exposure

Yeah? I don't see how that's supposed to prove anything there past yes, Vlov's Heat is extremely fucking hot.

Vlov being able to withstand that level of heat for hours on end would make him dozens-hundred of times stronger than the Arcueid that fights on par with him.

...Jesus, this is a fucking reach and a half and it's precisely why it's easy to mock SB when they have people like this...
Again, he wants to prove a negative by pointing out there's no way Vlov can withstand that level of heat for hours on end or he's "dozens of times stronger" than Arcueid that they are supposedly on par with each other... but did Imaginary ignore that Vlov's True Principle is near Absolute Zero? And that's explicitly on all the time?

It's also funny because there's an enormous difference between 20% Arcueid(Who needs help to kill Vlov) and 30% Arcueid(Who could casually kill him) which Arcueid states herself and the story agrees with making this utterly absurd.

Proto234

Distinguished

While I do believe people here will overestimate Agni, I also feel they are absolutely underestimating the Gauntlet.

Hisui and Kohaku, I can somewhat understand since they are not pure general fighters(They do have special abilities but not ones that make them Nasu-tier ludicrous). Human Noel I can equally get but I do believe Noel has ways to get him to not be able to move at all and can just leave him in an area he can't escape from.
Mario though? Nah, he's way too high up in the Burial Agency/Church and there's no way he doesn't have something that won't fuck over Agni.

Ain't no way in fuck he's killing Shiki when that fucker fought Vlov with his 3000+ Celsius Flames and Near Absolute Zero-Tier Cold.

Atleast Imaginary isn't crazy enough to believe Agni would defeat Akiha...

What?! Vlov literally has the heat advantage over him and he can literally absorb heat. Vlov is literally the WORST opponent Agni can face.

Yes, he does? Vlov literally stores the heat he steals as a direct consequence of his true Principle(Hell, it's even stated to be a INEFFICIENT use of his Principle, meaning if he wasn't so gimped due to his weakened body, his Principle would be far more disasterous) which means that he would have to be really goddamned Cold due to how his shit works.

There is literally evidence that he's emitting that heat to himself all of the damn time, that's literally the whole reason why he isn't using his Principle properly.

Yeah? I don't see how that's supposed to prove anything there past yes, Vlov's Heat is extremely fucking hot.

...Jesus, this is a fucking reach and a half and it's precisely why it's easy to mock SB when they have people like this...
Again, he wants to prove a negative by pointing out there's no way Vlov can withstand that level of heat for hours on end or he's "dozens of times stronger" than Arcueid that they are supposedly on par with each other... but did Imaginary ignore that Vlov's True Principle is near Absolute Zero? And that's explicitly on all the time?

It's also funny because there's an enormous difference between 20% Arcueid(Who needs help to kill Vlov) and 30% Arcueid(Who could casually kill him) which Arcueid states herself and the story agrees with making this utterly absurd.
Isn't Roa like weaker than Vlov.
Kinda weird suggesting Roa would win but Vlov would lose

Isn't Roa like weaker than Vlov.
Kinda weird suggesting Roa would win but Vlov would lose

No, actually. Roa is actually far stronger than Vlov because at the end of the day, Vlov is gimped due to his body being too weak to handle his Principle effectively meanwhile Roa actually got buffed big time in keeping all of his shit throughout his past lifetimes than losing them as he did in the Original Continuity.

Salfarc

Paramount
Have you tried replying to them in lines of, "maybe start investigating and banning them as well".
Curious what their answer will be

Who is the mod btw? Last I check Nursery is the vs board advisor

I don;t have the screenshot nor I remember the exact phrasing I use but I asked them about "why are you not taking action for those other comments then?" Which they reply as the aforementioned ""No mentioning if other people do the same, you are doing bad too, other people doing bad does not make you do good" or something like that". Then I point out that if they have time to do it to me, then the have time to do it to them. Which they answer as " We are not talking about them, we are talking about you". When I mention that they allow those other people to do it but not me, they answer with ""Mods have life too we can't process every reports. Please be understanding" or something like that". And then I point out they have time to process my comment when it doesn't have anything wrong and then they just say I am wrong. Not sure if they read what I said

It was not for this appeal but for other previous appeal from me.

Hell if you make an appeal there is this.

1707134208955.png

This doesn't look bad to me the first time I read it. But now it feels like its just there to be another false justification for them to warn/ban you and say you are wrong for not accepting the warning.

False contradiction does not makes things right. If someone contradict the claim that Earth is globe, that someone is wrong.

I made like 5 or 6 appeals maybe? And this is the only archieved appeal I have. It's about Esdeath "Time stop" too. Maybe you are interested.

Proto234

Distinguished
I don;t have the screenshot nor I remember the exact phrasing I use but I asked them about "why are you not taking action for those other comments then?" Which they reply as the aforementioned ""No mentioning if other people do the same, you are doing bad too, other people doing bad does not make you do good" or something like that". Then I point out that if they have time to do it to me, then the have time to do it to them. Which they answer as " We are not talking about them, we are talking about you". When I mention that they allow those other people to do it but not me, they answer with ""Mods have life too we can't process every reports. Please be understanding" or something like that". And then I point out they have time to process my comment when it doesn't have anything wrong and then they just say I am wrong. Not sure if they read what I said

It was not for this appeal but for other previous appeal from me.

Hell if you make an appeal there is this.

View attachment 861

This doesn't look bad to me the first time I read it. But now it feels like its just there to be another false justification for them to warn/ban you and say you are wrong for not accepting the warning.

False contradiction does not makes things right. If someone contradict the claim that Earth is globe, that someone is wrong.

I made like 5 or 6 appeals maybe? And this is the only archieved appeal I have. It's about Esdeath "Time stop" too. Maybe you are interested.
Nah, I am not that into Vs debating to begin with. It is fascinating but not that dedicated for it. That, and I did have SB account before, I just asked the mods to basically perma banned me since the forums isn't for me turns out.

Much at home in non Vs forums like grandorder or yugioh subreddit

Paxton

V.I.P. Member

It's because he regularly gets the crap beaten out of him by normal humans and says in his own narration that a three on one fight is a potentially lethal proposition for him. Like, his powers have been laid out very clearly. He's a surprisingly tough dude who is amazingly good at fighting and has a hand that cancels out any magic it touches. There's a little bit of anime-esque exaggeration on top of that which lets him punch people hard enough to lift them off their feet, survive some comically lethal wounds, and generally moves with great precision.

But there are still pretty clear limits to the character which broadly sit around peak human. Heck, his introductory scene has him failing to get away from some random goons on foot.

It's a him problem because he has too many anti feats for someone to take it at face value that he's actually capable of such speeds, someone at that speed should literally statue people like Accelerator at minimum.

If Touma was MFTL, he wouldn't need to wear down the thug chasing him in OT1.

If Touma was MFTL, he wouldn't get statued by Saints every single time he fights one. (Kanzaki in OT1, Acqua in OT16, Silvia in NT10)

If Touma was MTFL, he would have been able to see the fight between Acqua and the Knights in OT18.

If Touma was MFTL, he wouldn't have been shot in NT5.

If Touma was MFTL, he wouldn't have been hit by Hamazura's power lifter in NT12.

If Touma was MFTL, he wouldn't literally say that he can't run at 180km/h in NT21.

If Touma was MFTL, he wouldn't need help from Othinus to stop Neoka's light attack in GT1.

Touma has a single MFTL feat out of hundreds of anti-feats. And this one feat can easily be attributed to precognition.

Bad faith arguments all around, holy shit.

You can do this exact same argument but replace it with "if Touma were comparable to the speed of actual straight up lightning, none of this would happen".

Last edited:

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
"This one feat can easily be attributed to precognition"

That's a blatant fucking lie.

Do you think he just stood there in the pre-determined path that the attack was going to follow?
Do you think he does this with literally every attack he reacts to in the series?

It's also not just "one" feat.

He literally moves in tandem with multiple attacks at that speed in NT9.
He reacts to Flaming;Sword after it's fired.
He reacts to CRC's ROTA spell which is superior to the both of them, at least in terms of speed, after it's fired.
He has numerous instances of being able to react to top tiers.

He does the same shit repeatedly and yet ALSO "loses to normal thugs", so there's a contradiction, yes, but that contradiction can easily be explained by Touma's varying motivation/desire to fight at his peak condition.

Last edited:

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
Oh right, Speed and AP are always one to one in fiction and there's absolutely an specific strength for MFTL movements which aren't even allowed by the laws of physics to begin with, for sure.

Honestly, I don't know what's worse, people having problems with FTL when Touma already has feats against lightning and other things a human simply can't react (not that the values are close, but both are equally impossible for normal humans) or the arguments against it being either from a lack of knowledge on his precog ("why can he get shot? MFTL bullets?") and straight up bad faith arguments ("why doesn't he punch people at MFTL speeds and vaporizes them?").

Is it that hard to distinguish different types of speed? Or maybe AP from speed? Or is it hard to explain how exactly his abilities apply to his fights?

This fight is stupid because it's clearly a stomp, putting a character against two others he has no way to defeat or even fight back and it spawned some horrendous discussions.

DragNoir literally addresses these sorts of bad faith arguments and they proceed to say exactly the shit he said was stupid (because it is).

Truly the Spacebattles moment of all time.

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
image.png

image.png

Despite disagreeing with him on certain matters, Blaze hit the nail on the coffin in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back